• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: Apr 22, 2012
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3
7.9

1. Jul 12, 2013
    As the typical political satire, this show brings nothing new to the table. As a comedy, this show merely triggers one or two moments of laughter in each episode.
  2. Jun 4, 2013
    The more I watch the worse it gets. Lots of swearing and gutter humour. This often happens when the US tries to copy a UK show. Witness The Office.
    Their Production meeting must have gone like this: "OK, lets have lots rapid-fire camera work, f-bombs, and mean spirits. Maybe that'll work."
    For me it's not.
  3. Aug 25, 2012
    This show is entirely worthless, hard to believe this was renewed but I guess HBO must have nothing else even halfway decent to produce. Astonishing anyone could enjoy this show as is pure crap.
  4. May 9, 2012
    Julia Louis-Dreyfuss is as divine as always, and the supporting cast seems game, but not one character (save maybe Selina's daughter) is remotely likable. While there is a good chance that is true of the real-life Washington, it just doesn't make for very enjoyable or entertaining TV.
  5. May 3, 2012
    Tried to make it through this show and found it dry, unfunny and overall annoying. The concept of the show could be good but the cast doesn't seem to flow and neither does the script.
  6. Apr 24, 2012
    I think this show has potential to grab a hold of viewers, but if the pilot is any indication, Veep is in some serious need of new writers. The jokes just don't seem to come together like they should, which is why the "F" word is used to help give the characters lines the extra funny that they need, it's called compensation. I think this is a new world record? a whopping 25 "fucks" andI think this show has potential to grab a hold of viewers, but if the pilot is any indication, Veep is in some serious need of new writers. The jokes just don't seem to come together like they should, which is why the "F" word is used to help give the characters lines the extra funny that they need, it's called compensation. I think this is a new world record? a whopping 25 "fucks" and "fuckin's" in a pilot episode. Expand
  7. Apr 23, 2012
    There is so much social media/internet/technology saturation in television these days that it's making me nauseous. I tried to watch Veep's premiere last night to completion, but couldn't help feeling like I was being force fed the ramblings of the internet in television series form. Julia Louis Dreyfuss also irritates me and for the most part isn't likeable in anything she does, VeepThere is so much social media/internet/technology saturation in television these days that it's making me nauseous. I tried to watch Veep's premiere last night to completion, but couldn't help feeling like I was being force fed the ramblings of the internet in television series form. Julia Louis Dreyfuss also irritates me and for the most part isn't likeable in anything she does, Veep included. I couldn't help but get a corporate feel from this show which is about the least charming explanation I can think of. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Dorothy Rabinowitz
    Apr 27, 2012
    She's not funny, the aide is told--a line that elicited in this viewer a stream of unstoppable thoughts about what was not funny about this show, which is a lot, all of which ended up pointing, inexorably, to its writers. What saves the show is Ms. Louis-Dreyfus's Selina.
  2. Reviewed by: Rick Porter
    Apr 23, 2012
    Veep is a show, though, that finds great comedy in the space between that idealism and the reality they face every day.
  3. Reviewed by: Marisa LaScala
    Apr 23, 2012
    In its focus on such details, the show finds humor in the contradiction between the staff's renowned arena and the petty ways they get things done.