• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: Apr 22, 2012
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3
7.9

1. Oct 10, 2013
    Veep is fuc*ing hilarious. This is not a run-of-the-mill sitcom, it is an original and intelligent political comedy with an extremely unique sense of humor. It's not stupid humor, its not situational humor, its "wordplay" humor. The show focuses on the Vice President of the United States, played by Julia Louise Dreyfuss and her entourage. They know that politics is complete and all aboutVeep is fuc*ing hilarious. This is not a run-of-the-mill sitcom, it is an original and intelligent political comedy with an extremely unique sense of humor. It's not stupid humor, its not situational humor, its "wordplay" humor. The show focuses on the Vice President of the United States, played by Julia Louise Dreyfuss and her entourage. They know that politics is complete and all about appearances and ass-kissing, and they are professional ****ters and ass-kissers. Vice President Selina Meyer and her team act as if they were a bunch of immature collegians who were suddenly one day given political office. The entire show focuses on the hysterical bickering and banter between them as they their way through office. The lines they say, the insults, the comebacks, the witt, is so ingenious that you will find yourself dying of laughter and simultaneously being impressed. There's never been a comedy like this, check it out. Expand
  2. Nov 17, 2013
    Veep is funny as hell! It's been a long time that I laugh this often from watching one comedy. Louis-Dreyfuss' take on Selina Meyer is probably one of the funniest female character I've ever seen on TV. Tony Hale is also doing good with other cast members also showing strong acting skills.
  3. Nov 20, 2012
    Comes out of the gates roaring and ready to go! Possibly the best new comedy on television since Big Bang Theory and Parks and Recreation. Superbly written and communicated expertly from the actors. This show is a must see.
  4. Jun 9, 2012
    Veep is a fantastically satirical new show, and easily the best that HBO has debuted this year. It is incredibly smart, and is only for political veterans. Novices would not fit in with this fast paced show. Across the board strong performances (particularly by Julie Louis Dreyfus) put Veep among one of the best comedies on television.
  5. Aug 17, 2013
    Veep might be the most critically under appreciated show I've ever seen, both from the view of the critics and the view of the fans. This show is hysterical, witty, and brilliantly performed by Julia Dreyfus.
  6. Oct 1, 2012
    Brilliance. This is a perfect example of a prime, quality political satire, and Julia Louis-Dreyfus is astounding as the title character. It misses a perfect rating for me because of the horrendous pregnancy storyline that was quickly nixed, but if the series can avoid that kind of nonsense in the future, it's sure to become a classic.
  7. May 13, 2012
    OMG! Beautiful show. Fell in love with it from episode #1. Julia L-D as always funny in a show with a lot of promise. As a communications practitioner myself I can definitely relate to the stories which I find extremely enjoyable. Long time since a show put a smile on my face like this one. An overall feel good show which I will be most definitely expecting every week.
  8. Jun 19, 2013
    Funny, funny show. Just silly and throws jokes come out of nowhere. Take a new twist on being in the white house. Highly recommend to those of you who were Seinfield fans back in the day.
  9. Apr 2, 2013
    Veep could easily become the next "Curb Your Enthusiasm". It's a comedy for smart people, and the best HBO has put out in years. Dreyfus gives an excellent performance, and I cannot wait until season 2.
  10. Oct 7, 2013
    Some tonal inconsistencies aside, Veep is a highly watchable show that thankfully lacks the pretensions and superficiality associated with today's average television comedy.
  11. Sep 8, 2012
    Made me laught out loud in every episode at least three times. And thats hard for a comedy nowadays. The cast has superb acting skills and JLD's acting is emmy-worthy.
  12. Apr 30, 2012
    Fantastic start to a promising new series from HBO. Dreyfuss is flat-out awesome in this role. I just want to give thanks to HBO, AMC and FX for making the only quality shows on TV.
  13. Feb 2, 2013
    This show is smart, hilarious and the writing is great. Julia Louis-Dreyfus is wonderful as Selina Meyers and so is the rest of the cast in their roles. If you're looking for a show that can make you laugh a lot every episode, this is it!
  14. May 19, 2012
    I love Armondo. I loved In the Loop. This series is fantastic and feels like the most realistic view you will ever get into the workings behind the scenes in Washington. I personally hated The West Wing. I feel that it's writing isn't good. it's just fast. This is the exact converse. Veep is very cleverly written, so much so that it doesn't feel written. Very well done characters,I love Armondo. I loved In the Loop. This series is fantastic and feels like the most realistic view you will ever get into the workings behind the scenes in Washington. I personally hated The West Wing. I feel that it's writing isn't good. it's just fast. This is the exact converse. Veep is very cleverly written, so much so that it doesn't feel written. Very well done characters, all of them are honestly portrayed and very interesting. Great acting as well. It's a treat to see actors from UCB and Arrested development. Julia Dreyfus is excellent as the lead as well. Over all a very funny, very smart,very entertaining series. For those that don't find it funny... maybe you just don't get it. Expand
  15. Oct 23, 2013
    Solid political satire. As far as it takes the parody, it still seems much more true to life than a show like "House of Cards." The only downside to the show is how fast the jokes come at you, which really isn't a downside, because it means you can watch it again and catch the laughs that flew by you. In fact, it has already become one of those shows whose episodes I've watched three orSolid political satire. As far as it takes the parody, it still seems much more true to life than a show like "House of Cards." The only downside to the show is how fast the jokes come at you, which really isn't a downside, because it means you can watch it again and catch the laughs that flew by you. In fact, it has already become one of those shows whose episodes I've watched three or more times. If you are someone who only enjoys watching people you'd want to spend time with in real life, this show is not for you. It is a shark tank of a show. Watch out! Expand
  16. Apr 25, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Veep is a waste of time.....to much horrible unnecessary language...a little is fine but a lot is not entertainment...not funny...big disappointment...one torturous scene after another-----what happened to funny? inspirational? enjoyable? ??? who are these writers???Julia is funny but she needs some serious help....this time around. Expand
  17. Apr 24, 2012
    As a fan of politics and comedy,I really found this show to be very clever. There are a lot of "inside the beltway" jokes, that might take a rewind or two to fully grasp how funny they were. The jokes do come fast and furious, and the acting top notch. Julie Louise-Dreyfuss is the Anti-Sarah Palin, and is focus of everything in this series. In the way that Seinfeld was about NOTHING,As a fan of politics and comedy,I really found this show to be very clever. There are a lot of "inside the beltway" jokes, that might take a rewind or two to fully grasp how funny they were. The jokes do come fast and furious, and the acting top notch. Julie Louise-Dreyfuss is the Anti-Sarah Palin, and is focus of everything in this series. In the way that Seinfeld was about NOTHING, Veep is similiar in that it is not events that people are reacting to, but people. And a lot of them are bleeping idiots. I have a funny feeling that this show might not be too far from the truth about the job of Vice-President. Dreyfuss is the perfect person to play this person with the non-job - and she actually does a great job of being very funny! Expand
  18. Sep 4, 2012
    I thought the premise would be stupid but ended up freaking loving it. Pretty brilliant writing and great character development, I meant the characters are absolutely fantastic! Also, the humor is pretty high grade stuff, not your average sitcom material.
  19. May 20, 2012
    Any comic will tell you that the "cheapest" laugh is
    the laughs you try to get by swearing or being "blue". With that said
    VEEP is one of the "cheapest" programs on the tube. It isn't original, It isn't entertaining and it sure ISN'T FUNNY. When will writers learn that just because you're on a channel that allows you to swear, it's not the way to be cutting edge, trendy or funny. This
    Any comic will tell you that the "cheapest" laugh is
    the laughs you try to get by swearing or being "blue". With that said
    VEEP is one of the "cheapest" programs on the tube. It isn't original,
    It isn't entertaining and it sure ISN'T FUNNY. When will writers learn
    that just because you're on a channel that allows you to swear, it's not the way to be cutting edge, trendy or funny. This should be the Number one rule that should be tattooed to the foreheads of all writers
    on "pay" channels. To sum it all up, VEEP is a total waste of time.
    It's over acted, all punch lines are telegraphed (you can see them coming a mile away) and the only purpose that I can figure it serves
    is that it's a way for you brush up on cursing but not even creative
    cursing. Don't waste your time, if you need swear words...read a
    Public restroom wall, much more entertaing.
  20. Jun 9, 2012
    First episode was a bit buggy and seemed uncomfortable. However, every episode since has gotten better. The vulgarity as its used is perfect. Everything Armando Iannucci does is great.
  21. Mar 10, 2014
    I have only watched three episodes of this show, but I love it. I'm buying more. I think it's Julia LD at her best; witty dialogue, snappy repartee. I like most of the cast as well. It's not always the case that others can keep pace with the star. This show should be better promoted.

1. Reviewed by: Dorothy Rabinowitz
    Apr 27, 2012
    She's not funny, the aide is told--a line that elicited in this viewer a stream of unstoppable thoughts about what was not funny about this show, which is a lot, all of which ended up pointing, inexorably, to its writers. What saves the show is Ms. Louis-Dreyfus's Selina.
  2. Reviewed by: Rick Porter
    Apr 23, 2012
    Veep is a show, though, that finds great comedy in the space between that idealism and the reality they face every day.
  3. Reviewed by: Marisa LaScala
    Apr 23, 2012
    In its focus on such details, the show finds humor in the contradiction between the staff's renowned arena and the petty ways they get things done.