Veep : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Apr 22, 2012
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
7.7

1. Apr 23, 2012
    There is so much social media/internet/technology saturation in television these days that it's making me nauseous. I tried to watch Veep's premiere last night to completion, but couldn't help feeling like I was being force fed the ramblings of the internet in television series form. Julia Louis Dreyfuss also irritates me and for the most part isn't likeable in anything she does, VeepThere is so much social media/internet/technology saturation in television these days that it's making me nauseous. I tried to watch Veep's premiere last night to completion, but couldn't help feeling like I was being force fed the ramblings of the internet in television series form. Julia Louis Dreyfuss also irritates me and for the most part isn't likeable in anything she does, Veep included. I couldn't help but get a corporate feel from this show which is about the least charming explanation I can think of. Expand
  2. May 3, 2012
    Tried to make it through this show and found it dry, unfunny and overall annoying. The concept of the show could be good but the cast doesn't seem to flow and neither does the script.
  3. Aug 25, 2012
    This show is entirely worthless, hard to believe this was renewed but I guess HBO must have nothing else even halfway decent to produce. Astonishing anyone could enjoy this show as is pure crap.
  4. Jun 18, 2016
    Watching Veep is like being in the 4th grade, and you think it's so cool to use all your recently learned expletives... This show is not witty, comedic or interesting. It is a show that values trailer trash talk and low life swearing over all else... Wow, I use to think Julia Dreyfus had talent. This show is so low it takes that away along with her dignity.
  5. Jun 4, 2013
    The more I watch the worse it gets. Lots of swearing and gutter humour. This often happens when the US tries to copy a UK show. Witness The Office.
    Their Production meeting must have gone like this: "OK, lets have lots rapid-fire camera work, f-bombs, and mean spirits. Maybe that'll work."
    For me it's not.
  6. Jul 12, 2013
    As the typical political satire, this show brings nothing new to the table. As a comedy, this show merely triggers one or two moments of laughter in each episode.
  7. Jun 5, 2016
    I believed the earlier reviews. Imagine my disappointment. This show is poorly written and the acting does not save the script. Do Not Watch. They want me to use up at least 150 characters, but nothing further really needs to be said. Bad show.
  8. Jul 21, 2016
    Nothing said is ever profound if all you hear is constant useless profanity. That is all this show has to offer. Lack of a vocabulary does not make it cool or unique. Its just sad to see a former star talking like some low class street prostitute. Its not funny its really sad and annoying to watch. This show is a complete failure...

1. Reviewed by: Dorothy Rabinowitz
    Apr 27, 2012
    She's not funny, the aide is told--a line that elicited in this viewer a stream of unstoppable thoughts about what was not funny about this show, which is a lot, all of which ended up pointing, inexorably, to its writers. What saves the show is Ms. Louis-Dreyfus's Selina.
  2. Reviewed by: Rick Porter
    Apr 23, 2012
    Veep is a show, though, that finds great comedy in the space between that idealism and the reality they face every day.
  3. Reviewed by: Marisa LaScala
    Apr 23, 2012
    In its focus on such details, the show finds humor in the contradiction between the staff's renowned arena and the petty ways they get things done.