Vegas : Season 1

• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 25, 2012
6.7

1. Sep 27, 2012
    Still on the fence. If this show is just another crime drama, then I will not be watching it. But if they turn it into a Boardwalk empire type deal, then it will soar. Time will tell.
  2. Feb 13, 2013
    Generic cop show, weekly murder mystery.. Not the rise of Vegas!!! Like we were led to believe! We've been tricked in to thinking that this show would be something different since they kept on waving 'The Goodfellas' banner. I don't care if this is made by The Goodfellas writer, Nick Pileggi. I simply cannot stomach another weekly murder mystery. I was under the impression that this showGeneric cop show, weekly murder mystery.. Not the rise of Vegas!!! Like we were led to believe! We've been tricked in to thinking that this show would be something different since they kept on waving 'The Goodfellas' banner. I don't care if this is made by The Goodfellas writer, Nick Pileggi. I simply cannot stomach another weekly murder mystery. I was under the impression that this show was about the rise of Vegas through the crime bosses etc, with Lamb vs the mob.. It does have that. but only tiny bit of in each episode. I thought I'd stick around to see if this "generic cop" thing would disappear.. I'm up to episode 5 now... Still the same... Shame.

I score this 1 point for good acting all around, 1 point for being "ok", 1 point for the two excellent female leads in Carrie Ann Moss and Sarah Jones and the last 1 point in for the 5 minutes of actual story arc. Currently very disappointed.

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Nov 28, 2012
    One of the fall's best new dramas. [26 Nov 2012, p.48]
  2. Reviewed by: Joanne Ostrow
    Sep 25, 2012
    Vegas is likely to be successful simply because, at heart, it's a CBS crime procedural with cowboy threads.
  3. Reviewed by: Rick Porter
    Sep 25, 2012
    Where the show stumbles a little is in the case itself.