• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 25, 2012
  • Season #: 1
6.8

1. Sep 27, 2012
    Still on the fence. If this show is just another crime drama, then I will not be watching it. But if they turn it into a Boardwalk empire type deal, then it will soar. Time will tell.
  2. Nov 17, 2012
    I watched as far as the first five minutes of episode 2, where Ralph commandeers a broom to stop a random jewel thief on the street. That was some real high caliber writing there. Good job there cowboy! YEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!!
  3. Sep 25, 2012
    I enjoyed the pilot and I hope the rest of the episodes are as fast paced and action packed as the pilot and good actors as well pretty entertaining.One of the best crime dramas on tv for now besides The Mob Doctor.
  4. Oct 18, 2012
    Although this idea for the show isn't anything exactly new, it's time period, production value and most of all the uber-talented cast make Vegas a winner. I can't wait to see more.
  5. Feb 13, 2013
    Generic cop show, weekly murder mystery.. Not the rise of Vegas!!! Like we were led to believe! We've been tricked in to thinking that this show would be something different since they kept on waving 'The Goodfellas' banner. I don't care if this is made by The Goodfellas writer, Nick Pileggi. I simply cannot stomach another weekly murder mystery. I was under the impression that this showGeneric cop show, weekly murder mystery.. Not the rise of Vegas!!! Like we were led to believe! We've been tricked in to thinking that this show would be something different since they kept on waving 'The Goodfellas' banner. I don't care if this is made by The Goodfellas writer, Nick Pileggi. I simply cannot stomach another weekly murder mystery. I was under the impression that this show was about the rise of Vegas through the crime bosses etc, with Lamb vs the mob.. It does have that. but only tiny bit of in each episode. I thought I'd stick around to see if this "generic cop" thing would disappear.. I'm up to episode 5 now... Still the same... Shame.

I score this 1 point for good acting all around, 1 point for being "ok", 1 point for the two excellent female leads in Carrie Ann Moss and Sarah Jones and the last 1 point in for the 5 minutes of actual story arc. Currently very disappointed.
  6. Oct 2, 2012
    This show was really surprisingly good. For a network show it's very good, and I think that people should not compare shows on the main networks to show on HBO, Showtime, etc.. They can do so much more on cable, that it has really become apples to oranges. It's a 10 for a network show, and an 8 for shows in general.
  7. Oct 26, 2012
    I think this is a guy's show. My wife isn't interested but I am. Not because anything in particular stands out. There is a pretty common hour-long crime premise that has an overriding arc with a continuing saga week-to-week between the hero and villain (20 minutes laying out the crime, 20 minutes solving the crime and 2-4 minutes building the series arc). It is a tried and true methodI think this is a guy's show. My wife isn't interested but I am. Not because anything in particular stands out. There is a pretty common hour-long crime premise that has an overriding arc with a continuing saga week-to-week between the hero and villain (20 minutes laying out the crime, 20 minutes solving the crime and 2-4 minutes building the series arc). It is a tried and true method that works for the masses and isn't too disappointing when it has such a rich overlay of Vegas in the 60's and terrific character actors in Quaid, Chiklas, Mara and others. The show lends itself to glitzy guest-starring appearances in the future and has enough star power to keep it going for awhile. I think it would be much better as a cable series that could be grittier and even better on a movie channel where Vegas and the Mob is portrayed as Vegas and its early mob influences were instead of the PG version. All in all it is a good show that I don't look forward to because I can't wait to see what happens. Rather it is one that I look forward to because I like the actors, their characters and the backdrop of old Vegas. One of my guilty pleasures that I wouldn't expect a real critic to get but something a real viewer would understand. Expand
  8. Oct 30, 2012
    Is this a comedy? It is laughable, so I guess so. This in one of the worst TV shows I have ever seen. Dennis Farina must be in shock. I normally enjoy these actors, but this makes Tom Selleck look like Lawrence Olivier. They all try to out scowl each other. The Vegas backdrop is diluted and the soundtrack is MIA. I would rather watch campaign ads or go to the dentist...awful unless youIs this a comedy? It is laughable, so I guess so. This in one of the worst TV shows I have ever seen. Dennis Farina must be in shock. I normally enjoy these actors, but this makes Tom Selleck look like Lawrence Olivier. They all try to out scowl each other. The Vegas backdrop is diluted and the soundtrack is MIA. I would rather watch campaign ads or go to the dentist...awful unless you like old cars. Expand
  9. Jan 22, 2013
    Excellent show with fun cast and very intriguing plot. The setting in the 1960s and that it is based on a real person really distinguishes this show from most.
  10. Feb 20, 2013
    I admit when the show first started, I was a little unsure. However, I've watched the entire series and it does get a little better, as you get to know the full spectrum of the characters, you begin to cheer for one, then another. Sometimes you cheer the good guys, others you cheer for the bad guys. I think it deserves more time to develop a proper following.
  11. Mar 8, 2013
    I loved this series especially when it cam right after NCIS LA It shows the difference between the high tech LA series and then the 50's low tech. I loved all of the old cars and trucks along with the clothing/fashions of that day. We NEED more TV shows like this one. I always looked forward to seeing this show. PLEASE bring it back for us.
  12. Mar 20, 2013
    Our household loves Vegas and sure hope it gets picked up. It is an interesting story line and the characters are great. We would like to find out whether Mia forgives Sheriff Lamb's brother. Please renew it.
  13. Aug 31, 2013
    Particularly good, I do not feel that series, somehow "forgotten" it is the real serial cliches. Exciting and eventful. I look forward to the second season.

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Nov 28, 2012
    One of the fall's best new dramas. [26 Nov 2012, p.48]
  2. Reviewed by: Joanne Ostrow
    Sep 25, 2012
    Vegas is likely to be successful simply because, at heart, it's a CBS crime procedural with cowboy threads.
  3. Reviewed by: Rick Porter
    Sep 25, 2012
    Where the show stumbles a little is in the case itself.