• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: Apr 5, 2013
  • Season #: 1
7.2

1. Apr 6, 2013
    I love the uncensored aspect of Vice. The topics they cover cannot be truly understood censored. This is information we need to see. Just wish it was an hour long program not 30 minutes.
  2. Apr 17, 2013
    This show could be a game changer in every way. I really hope it gets the buzz it deserves. Vice, you guys are my heroes and thank you for fighting the good fight! Keep it up
  3. Sep 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. E S C A L O F R I A N T E (Shocking, thrilling). What the hell is going on in this planet? It is unbelievable what happens in some parts of the world. I'm lucky to live far away from the areas they show here...by now. Expand
  4. May 9, 2013
    Fantastic all around. Gonzo journalism for the 21st century. It's not so much that VICE is handling issues that aren't covered by other news outlets. Rather, they're trying to do it more personally. They're less concerned with pinpoint accuracy, and more concerned with the human element that is buried within these harsh, often gritty, complicated political and cultural issues that theyFantastic all around. Gonzo journalism for the 21st century. It's not so much that VICE is handling issues that aren't covered by other news outlets. Rather, they're trying to do it more personally. They're less concerned with pinpoint accuracy, and more concerned with the human element that is buried within these harsh, often gritty, complicated political and cultural issues that they attempt to tackle.

The only real downside to the entire show is that they're constrained to half an hour. If they had a full, hour long time slot, they could show much more content, and portray things more "professionally." But then it might lose some of the creativity that the unique presentations bring. This is 60 Minutes without the censorship, with none of the fluff of mainstream media.
  5. Jun 9, 2013
    Shane Smith and Vice give us slightly sensational but incredibly raw and new reporting on subjects often swept under the rug. The locations and people they come across raise geopolitical awareness of problems we all must help fix.

1. Reviewed by: Maureen Ryan
    Apr 5, 2013
    It's the sloppy approach to context and the tabloid-y aspects of Vice that are ultimately harder to take than the self-aggrandizing bro-ness of it all.
  2. Reviewed by: David Wiegand
    Apr 5, 2013
    In a world that has exploded with instantaneously accessible information, television news is hard-pressed to figure out how to keep up. It takes a show like Vice to make other news magazine shows seem like they belong in a TV antiques shop.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Lloyd
    Apr 5, 2013
    What Vice offers is not deep or thorough, but it is not without value. The news comes in pieces now; to get the full picture, you have to assemble it yourself.