Weeds : Season 5

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
7.3

1. EricS
    Jun 9, 2009
    I used to like Weeds, but i've lost all interest in it after the season premier. It was boring and repetitive. Every character in this show is a loser and it becomes distasteful seeing them all act so immaturely all the time.
  2. Junom
    Jun 13, 2009
    great. The show is just exquisite on every level. The music would be grand but its whoring to much attention. But its still magnificent. Love the show, I take it to chair every night. Can't wait to watch the new episodes.
  3. hardcandy
    Jun 13, 2009
    creative, brilliant writing. I'm proud to be a fan of this show. This season is a slow start but quickly gets right back to its greatness. I bow down and kiss its crotch.
  4. JimW
    Jun 20, 2009
    I continue to watch this show because I love Mary Louise Parker & Elizabeth Perkins. It's unfortunate that the writing has taken this series in the wrong direction.
  5. JoseD
    Jun 9, 2009
    I loved the first episode of Season 5, and have loved this show from the beginning through all the shifts and changes away from the suburbs. It's now a character drama with some comic relief from the supporting cast. Nancy is rarely the source of comedy, unless it's in her dealings with Celia, Andy or Doug. As for the reviews of the earlier people who said they couldn't I loved the first episode of Season 5, and have loved this show from the beginning through all the shifts and changes away from the suburbs. It's now a character drama with some comic relief from the supporting cast. Nancy is rarely the source of comedy, unless it's in her dealings with Celia, Andy or Doug. As for the reviews of the earlier people who said they couldn't hear...that doesn't make sense, I could hear just fine. It must be your speakers or something. Also, a show in its fifth season shouldn't have to explain who the characters are, especially when there is a recap before the show starts that basically gives all the necessary background information. Expand
  6. daveyt
    Jun 13, 2009
    I really expected something great then I got something that tucked me in bed and gave me a bl**jo*. It was much better than great.
  7. StephenS
    Jun 17, 2009
    The light hearted and funny enjoyable part of weeds is gone. I think they smoked it all and got on some heavy political medicinal stuff. Season 4 was really bad too. Just flat out bad. If I still smoked the stuff, It would definitely be a downer.
  8. MattK
    Jul 23, 2009
    The plot gets to be pretty ridiculous. If you don't let that bother you, it's still an addicting show with about five good laughs an episode. (And I have no idea whatsoever what other posters mean with comments about the soundtrack obscuring dialogue. I have never had a problem comprehending what's going on.)
  9. ZacharyP.
    Jul 28, 2009
    So far my favorite season. Weeds has just gotten better. Last season I thought it was starting to get a bit unrealistic and silly. Season Five has brought back the realism and excitement of past seasons. I find that after I watch each episode I cannot wait to find out what is going to happen on the next one. I love the fact that they have been incorporating recent events in more So far my favorite season. Weeds has just gotten better. Last season I thought it was starting to get a bit unrealistic and silly. Season Five has brought back the realism and excitement of past seasons. I find that after I watch each episode I cannot wait to find out what is going to happen on the next one. I love the fact that they have been incorporating recent events in more frequently and have become, I feel, a bit more political about their subject matter. I find that throughout the week while thinking about everything that has happened so far in the season I get frustrated as well as happy and angry at and for each character in the show. This is one of the best shows on television. I watch this and Dexter religiously. Expand
  10. EssjaySon
    Jul 12, 2009
    One of the best shows on television hands down. Sexy, hilarious, dark and oftentimes downright rude. What other show could have you splitting a rib WHILE sitting on the edge of your seat WITH GOOSEBUMPS? Enough Said.
  11. pir
    Oct 27, 2010
    weeds started out as pure comedy, and it was hilarious. over time it transmogrified into a comedy-drama, and while that was a bit disorienting, it was still quite good much of the time with a sharp and biting sense of dark humour. in season 5, however, the balance has shifted even further into drama, and now the comedy no longer works for me because the contrast is too stark, nancyweeds started out as pure comedy, and it was hilarious. over time it transmogrified into a comedy-drama, and while that was a bit disorienting, it was still quite good much of the time with a sharp and biting sense of dark humour. in season 5, however, the balance has shifted even further into drama, and now the comedy no longer works for me because the contrast is too stark, nancy looks entirely self-centred, andy only flatters himself that he's grown up, and celia/doug/dean are still as juvenile as ever, except now it's no longer funny but tedious. i no longer like any of the main characters, and i think nancy is the biggest loss for me. shane is the only redeeming character at this point, and he's not got enough screen time. i don't think i'll even bother with season 6. too bad; this was my favourite comedy and i miss it. Expand
  12. Feb 12, 2011
    A bad start to this Season with Nancy being 50% bi##h and 50% idiot. First she sees the really evil side to her boyfriend, then he rapes her. Her youngest son gets ripped off on a weed deal and gets payback on it, so Nancy has a bit of a cry about it. Her solution? Move herself & her son into a rapist, murderers, evil s-o-b's house. Why? So her son can learn how to be a better thug? AA bad start to this Season with Nancy being 50% bi##h and 50% idiot. First she sees the really evil side to her boyfriend, then he rapes her. Her youngest son gets ripped off on a weed deal and gets payback on it, so Nancy has a bit of a cry about it. Her solution? Move herself & her son into a rapist, murderers, evil s-o-b's house. Why? So her son can learn how to be a better thug? A murderer & rapist like her bf?

This show has got beyond stupid. From unrealistic to 'f' off, give me a break, I can't even pretend to get into this anymore.

On a positive note Silas has a brain but hardly any air-time. 1 point.

Unfortunately that was the only good point.
  13. Apr 16, 2011
    Enjoyable season. I feel like it fell off a bit, but it was still good. There wasn't that much suspense until the end. Very good and surprising ending. I jumped.

It's the funniest thing you'll see all summer--particularly if you're drug-free.
  2. Creator Jenji Kohan has kept it all going so far, the supporting cast remains the funniest on TV, and Parker, with her carefully calculated stillness and sudden reckless displays of fearlessness, is more riveting than ever.
  3. It's still a reasonably funny show, thanks to first-rate performances from Mary-Louise Parker as Nancy Botwin, a woman who deals drugs, and Elizabeth Perkins as Celia Hodes, a woman who uses them. [But] It's getting harder to maintain a sharp seriocomic edge when Botwin keeps slipping further into a world where there just aren't a lot of inherent laughs.