Weeds : Season 5

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
7.2

1. Junom
    Jun 13, 2009
    great. The show is just exquisite on every level. The music would be grand but its whoring to much attention. But its still magnificent. Love the show, I take it to chair every night. Can't wait to watch the new episodes.
  2. hardcandy
    Jun 13, 2009
    creative, brilliant writing. I'm proud to be a fan of this show. This season is a slow start but quickly gets right back to its greatness. I bow down and kiss its crotch.
  3. JoseD
    Jun 9, 2009
    I loved the first episode of Season 5, and have loved this show from the beginning through all the shifts and changes away from the suburbs. It's now a character drama with some comic relief from the supporting cast. Nancy is rarely the source of comedy, unless it's in her dealings with Celia, Andy or Doug. As for the reviews of the earlier people who said they couldn't I loved the first episode of Season 5, and have loved this show from the beginning through all the shifts and changes away from the suburbs. It's now a character drama with some comic relief from the supporting cast. Nancy is rarely the source of comedy, unless it's in her dealings with Celia, Andy or Doug. As for the reviews of the earlier people who said they couldn't hear...that doesn't make sense, I could hear just fine. It must be your speakers or something. Also, a show in its fifth season shouldn't have to explain who the characters are, especially when there is a recap before the show starts that basically gives all the necessary background information. Expand
  4. daveyt
    Jun 13, 2009
    I really expected something great then I got something that tucked me in bed and gave me a bl**jo*. It was much better than great.
  5. MattK
    Jul 23, 2009
    The plot gets to be pretty ridiculous. If you don't let that bother you, it's still an addicting show with about five good laughs an episode. (And I have no idea whatsoever what other posters mean with comments about the soundtrack obscuring dialogue. I have never had a problem comprehending what's going on.)
  6. ZacharyP.
    Jul 28, 2009
    So far my favorite season. Weeds has just gotten better. Last season I thought it was starting to get a bit unrealistic and silly. Season Five has brought back the realism and excitement of past seasons. I find that after I watch each episode I cannot wait to find out what is going to happen on the next one. I love the fact that they have been incorporating recent events in more So far my favorite season. Weeds has just gotten better. Last season I thought it was starting to get a bit unrealistic and silly. Season Five has brought back the realism and excitement of past seasons. I find that after I watch each episode I cannot wait to find out what is going to happen on the next one. I love the fact that they have been incorporating recent events in more frequently and have become, I feel, a bit more political about their subject matter. I find that throughout the week while thinking about everything that has happened so far in the season I get frustrated as well as happy and angry at and for each character in the show. This is one of the best shows on television. I watch this and Dexter religiously. Expand
  7. EssjaySon
    Jul 12, 2009
    One of the best shows on television hands down. Sexy, hilarious, dark and oftentimes downright rude. What other show could have you splitting a rib WHILE sitting on the edge of your seat WITH GOOSEBUMPS? Enough Said.
  8. Apr 16, 2011
    Enjoyable season. I feel like it fell off a bit, but it was still good. There wasn't that much suspense until the end. Very good and surprising ending. I jumped.

It's the funniest thing you'll see all summer--particularly if you're drug-free.
  2. Creator Jenji Kohan has kept it all going so far, the supporting cast remains the funniest on TV, and Parker, with her carefully calculated stillness and sudden reckless displays of fearlessness, is more riveting than ever.
  3. It's still a reasonably funny show, thanks to first-rate performances from Mary-Louise Parker as Nancy Botwin, a woman who deals drugs, and Elizabeth Perkins as Celia Hodes, a woman who uses them. [But] It's getting harder to maintain a sharp seriocomic edge when Botwin keeps slipping further into a world where there just aren't a lot of inherent laughs.