• Network: Showtime
  • Series Premiere Date: Aug 7, 2005
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8
6.5

1. Aug 12, 2012
    Weed is becoming a journey that has drawn on for far too long. I feel like the rowdy child in the backseat, screaming "are we there yet?", yet I don't really care to 'get there'. Where the initial seasons were about the struggles of an everyday Valley mom trying to keep her family afloat, the show is now about a meniacal, manipulative, psychotic **** manipulating even her own children forWeed is becoming a journey that has drawn on for far too long. I feel like the rowdy child in the backseat, screaming "are we there yet?", yet I don't really care to 'get there'. Where the initial seasons were about the struggles of an everyday Valley mom trying to keep her family afloat, the show is now about a meniacal, manipulative, psychotic **** manipulating even her own children for person gain. Clever plot twists and story-telling has evolved into nothing but cheap humor and deviancy towards anything that could be considered a coherent and interesting story. I'm the type of person that goes down with the boat; I'm willing to watch sub-par TV if it means finishing a story I was at least previously interested in. Weeds is one of only 2-3 shows out of 50+ where I've actually turned off an episode mid-way and never watched it again. 7.5 season later, and I am done with this joke of a show. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Aug 3, 2012
    This air of finality throws the many small, fine details of Parker's performance, the main reason for the show's existence, into sharp relief. [13 Aug 2012, p.42]
  2. Reviewed by: Daniel Goldberg
    Jul 11, 2012
    Weeds does manage to maintain the dry humor that made it a hit to begin with, and this isn't the brand of listless cynicism we get from lesser comedy writers content to appear savvy and hip.
  3. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Jun 29, 2012
    I'm pretty sure there aren't drugs strong enough to get me to the bittersweet end of this series.