Weeds : Season 8

• Series Premiere Date: Aug 7, 2005
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
6.5

1. Jul 26, 2012
    Huge fan of this show, even through the moves and absurd twists this show is still one of TV's best. Very few shows are strong enough to handle the exhaustive changes made by the writers. Season 8 is sort of a realization of that so far. Mary Louise Parker deserves an Emmy as does Justin Kirk.
  2. Jul 7, 2012
    Having watched and re-watched seasons 1-7, I can safely say season 8 is starting strong, from the clever intro that summarizes then entire cannon of weeds to date to the similarly apt monologue that Andy Botwin delivers unabashedly with a Rabbi regarding his relationship with Nancy in the hospital in the season premier episode. So far, this season promises to make up for the 'fleeing fromHaving watched and re-watched seasons 1-7, I can safely say season 8 is starting strong, from the clever intro that summarizes then entire cannon of weeds to date to the similarly apt monologue that Andy Botwin delivers unabashedly with a Rabbi regarding his relationship with Nancy in the hospital in the season premier episode. So far, this season promises to make up for the 'fleeing from Ricky Ricardo' season that I suffered through twice. Expand

1. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Aug 3, 2012
    This air of finality throws the many small, fine details of Parker's performance, the main reason for the show's existence, into sharp relief. [13 Aug 2012, p.42]
  2. Reviewed by: Daniel Goldberg
    Jul 11, 2012
    Weeds does manage to maintain the dry humor that made it a hit to begin with, and this isn't the brand of listless cynicism we get from lesser comedy writers content to appear savvy and hip.
  3. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Jun 29, 2012
    I'm pretty sure there aren't drugs strong enough to get me to the bittersweet end of this series.