• Network: Showtime
  • Series Premiere Date: Aug 7, 2005
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
8.2

1. Jul 21, 2013
    I just finished binge watching this on Netflix. There are periods throughout the series where the show seemed to be in a lull for several episodes at a time, but eventually it always found it's stride and left me wanting more. The characters are entertaining, especially Andy, and I enjoyed that the show doesn't even pretend to take itself seriously. The recurring theme of being whiteI just finished binge watching this on Netflix. There are periods throughout the series where the show seemed to be in a lull for several episodes at a time, but eventually it always found it's stride and left me wanting more. The characters are entertaining, especially Andy, and I enjoyed that the show doesn't even pretend to take itself seriously. The recurring theme of being white and privileged and expecting everyone to take care of your problems for you makes for a lot of comedic moments. Also, it's definitely not glamorizing weed so don't feel like this is a show that you can't admit to watching. I do wish that the season 7 finale had been the ending though, season 8 was pretty weak and didn't add much to the story. Collapse
  2. Mar 19, 2013
    Funny, quick, amusing, sad, relate able, and completely satisfying. I love this show! Parker is a great actress who really makes the show what it is and the writers do a fantastic job of creating voice and inventing these fun and bubbly personalities! i can not get enough of this show!
  3. Feb 11, 2012
    Weeds had so much potential, but unfortunately Mary-Louise Parker ruins it. She is not funny or entertaining to watch at all. I am very disappointed with this show because the main character should have been Kevin Nealon instead. He is the only reason why my rating isn't a 0.
  4. Jan 7, 2012
    Weeds is bad series with full off discretion of young people who dont know that you are not cool if you use weeds. Nice acting, so I didnt give 0, but 2. But it is no story at all.
  5. Aug 27, 2011
    First three seasons are classic, but what happens later is just a loose cluster of bad writing, awkward jokes and terribly unfunny situations. You keep hoping that it will get better, but it doesn't, and I don't think it will.
  6. Apr 7, 2011
    It started out slow and ended with a bang. I had heard great things and gave it a shot. I'm glad I did. It gets better in the later seasons. I'm now in love with a few of the ladies on the show. LOL
  7. Feb 19, 2011
    Really nice show. Interesting and funny even if it's not really rational. First and second seasons are the best (as usual) but I always wait for the next
  8. Feb 10, 2011
    Season 1 introduces the characters, the community and the premise very well. By the end of season 1 we have a solid grasp on what's happened. It was unfortunate that Celia's daughter left as she was an interesting, young female character and left a gap on the show. The deaf girl was obviously meant to replace this character but I think the show would have done better with both of them.
  9. Sep 2, 2010
    Great show. Would love to see some better writing. Little annoyed the MLP's character who originally represented a resourceful mother with strength suddenly became a whimpy wuss, submissive to a temporary character. The desk scene didn't match her previously established personality. Hoping the writing snaps back in line with the character we came to love. All in all, good show, believable.

1. Reviewed by: David Zurawik
    Jul 11, 2013
    The triumph of Parker's performance - just like that of James Gandolfini's depiction of Tony Soprano - is that she makes one care about Botwin in spite of all her flaws. [7 Aug 2005]
  2. Jul 11, 2013