Welcome to the Captain : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Feb 4, 2008
4.6

1. BillD.
    Mar 4, 2008
    Other than Joanna Garcia, there's not an attractive , likable character on the show. The story lines are weak; the show is flat. I don't dislike this show: there's just nothing (except Garcia) to like.
  2. RockF.
    Feb 21, 2008
    The Captain should be condemned. It's hard to identify exactly what makes this show such a clunker. Maybe it's the general lack of energy, the forced charm, or the annoying quirkiness. I award this misfire 2 points only because JoAnna Garcia is a real charmer. Too bad she's wasted here.
  3. EricC.
    Feb 23, 2008
    Don't worry, Jeffery Tambor. If the rumors regarding an Arrested Development movie are true, then you might soon be returning to the greatest character you've ever played.
  4. BurtH.
    Feb 26, 2008
    At first, hated it. The main character guy is such a hopeless dork. It reminded me of that show from the early 90's Doug, where Doug was always pining like a cat in heat over Patty Mayonaise. You knew he would never get her, but for some reason, you were compelled to watch. Thus with Dork Main Character and the foxy Hope.
  5. NormD.
    Feb 5, 2008
    Oh my god! How was that possibly broadcast?! Who cast the lead? How could Chris Klein do such a transparent and pathetic rip off of Barney from "How I Met Your Mother?" Could one joke work? Could one idea be slightly unpredictable? One line? Where was Matt LeBlanc?!!
  6. GregH.
    Feb 5, 2008
    I really enjoyed the show. I'm hoping that the next five episodes keep getting better and better. Very funny chemistry between the characters.
  7. Adrian
    Feb 5, 2008
    Literally did not crack a smile much less laugh at this snoozer.
  8. TayF.
    Feb 5, 2008
    I don't see why some of the critics dislike it so much, I really enjoyed the first episode. I'm tuning in next week.
  9. EliG.
    Feb 5, 2008
    This was one of the worst shows I have ever seen. I felt like I was watching my nephews put on a play in my living room.
  10. AlexanderJ.
    Feb 6, 2008
    Dull. And remarkably un-funny for something claiming to be a comedy.
  11. JaredH.
    Mar 10, 2008
    The show is witty and sarcastic. The only problem with it is that it bypasses the simpleton humor found in most shows and goes to directly to situational and intellectual charm. The characters are likable, but need time to find a direction.
  12. MicheleW.
    Feb 11, 2008
    Kranz and Klein were dull. The plot was formulaic. The dialog was flat. Nothing about it seemed natural. I haven't been this bored by a comedy in a long time.
  13. DanH
    Feb 21, 2008
    I am enjoying the show. I personally miss the old sitcoms and this has that traditional feeling while using modern humor. It's not Arrested Development funny but it
  14. KarenM.
    Feb 21, 2008
    I was so looking forward to seeing Jeffrey Tambor again. But overall I have to say I agree--this was pretty darned bad. I didn't crack a grin once the entire time. I'm just wondering how anyone could've read this script and thought it would make a good TV show. Just the script alone would make it apparent it was a snoozer. Too bad.
  15. OmarC.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Terrible. Jeffrey Tambor and Al Madrigal are being completely wasted, the rest of the cast members ARE a waste. Every joke thuds with the subtlety of a sledgehammer. Every character is mapped out in so much expository language that the viewer is left with nothing to figure for himself. This show isn't just not funny, it's agonizingly unwatchable. It get's a two because I Terrible. Jeffrey Tambor and Al Madrigal are being completely wasted, the rest of the cast members ARE a waste. Every joke thuds with the subtlety of a sledgehammer. Every character is mapped out in so much expository language that the viewer is left with nothing to figure for himself. This show isn't just not funny, it's agonizingly unwatchable. It get's a two because I like Madrigal and Tambor too much. Expand
  16. JohnG.
    Mar 3, 2008
    This show was incredibly dull. I have watched all of the episodes so far and not one laugh. This show is a WASTE OF TIME for cbs! big bang or even re-runs of king of queens would be better. PLEASE TAKE THIS SHOW OFF THE AIR!
  17. JeromyH.
    Feb 19, 2008
    Fresh and different.
  18. tom
    Feb 21, 2008
    i don't usually make negative comments but this show is unwatchable. truth be told i only made it through about fifteen minutes but i couldn't believe that it would get any better.
  19. ChaseT.
    Mar 26, 2008
    Personally I absolutely love this show. I cannot believe that it was canceled. I know it had low ratings, but they should have advertised it more. It was a hilarious show and I think CBS should bring it back. I bought a season pass on Itunes for it and I think if anything they should at least finish the first season.

Let's hope Welcome, as forced as "Christine" is relaxed, runs itself into cancellation sooner rather than later.
    Welcome to the Captain attempts a similarly shaggy, loose sitcom vibe, but isn't quite successful, though it's at least watchable.
  3. Sadly, Welcome to the Captain just isn't funny or inspired enough to nail the peek-behind-the-Hollywood-curtain genre.