Whale Wars : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
5.2

1. TJB.
    Aug 30, 2009
    I can't wait till the Japanese get feed up with his antics. Buy a ship to be torn down for scrap in Indonesia. Outfit it with steel ripples on the hull below the water line. When he attacks, just ram him for a change, or carry a small agriculture helicopter on board and when he launches an attack spray them down with that "non-toxic can't harm humans acid".
  2. EricT.
    Dec 21, 2008
    I really don't think much of the show. What the Sea Shepards are doing is a form of eco-terroism. They feel there is nothing wrong with busting engine props, throwing stink bombs, etc. Also, now they are getting more publicity with Animal Planet. So of course to keep getting attention, they will have to develop bolder, more aggressive, techniques for the next season. I don't I really don't think much of the show. What the Sea Shepards are doing is a form of eco-terroism. They feel there is nothing wrong with busting engine props, throwing stink bombs, etc. Also, now they are getting more publicity with Animal Planet. So of course to keep getting attention, they will have to develop bolder, more aggressive, techniques for the next season. I don't like the idea of whaling what so ever, but the Japanese have the right to defend themselves. If pirates attacked your ship, you went running away, but they kept pursuing you...what else is there to do but defend yourself. Collapse
  3. candiw.
    Aug 23, 2009
    I don't like the show! its a waste of tape! I dont like them killing whales but i don't think two wrongs dont make it right. Its not cool putting your shipmates and other shipmates lives in danger! And their not stopping them. Can't wait till this show is off the air!!!!!!
  4. RichardP.
    Nov 22, 2008
    What a joke, Lets glamorize eco-terrorism. If these guys boarded my boat they would have been turned into fish food!!!!
  5. TedE.
    Nov 28, 2008
    We, as the almighty all-knowing Americans, have once again dictated what is "right" and what is "wrong" for the rest of the savage world. Those who don't agree with us must be bombed... or at least harrassed. I wonder how the members of this ship would react if radicals from India started terrorizing our own cattle farmers due to our consumption of what a BILLION people world-wide We, as the almighty all-knowing Americans, have once again dictated what is "right" and what is "wrong" for the rest of the savage world. Those who don't agree with us must be bombed... or at least harrassed. I wonder how the members of this ship would react if radicals from India started terrorizing our own cattle farmers due to our consumption of what a BILLION people world-wide consider to be a sacred animal. Most of the drama in this reality show comes from the ineptitude and inexperience of its own crew members. The only consolation is that they pose more of a danger to themselves than anyone else. Finally, the racism of the all-white crew is palpable, as they doesn't refer to the whalers as "whalers" - They refer to the terrible enemy as "the Japanese." So every other sentence is - We need to find the Japanese! I'd hate to see what would happen if they had access to an A-Bomb. Expand
  6. DerrickL.
    Aug 11, 2009
    These people are terrorist. Pretend a bunch of Hindus came to a United States Cattle Ranch and started throwing stink bombs on the front porch of the farmer. There would be a national out cry if they werent shot on sight. This is why the world hates americans... We think our way is the only way to do things. The Japanese way is not evil or bad, its just different.
  7. EricB
    Aug 14, 2009
    Doing the right thing the wrong way is just wrong. The law of whale fishing is there to try to please the Japanese that have been fishing for a very long time, and the tree huggers that want everyone to live happily ever after. The law means: Fish the whales but not too much, and provide everyone with some statistics and don't waste the meat. Laws can be interpreted differently but Doing the right thing the wrong way is just wrong. The law of whale fishing is there to try to please the Japanese that have been fishing for a very long time, and the tree huggers that want everyone to live happily ever after. The law means: Fish the whales but not too much, and provide everyone with some statistics and don't waste the meat. Laws can be interpreted differently but the bottom line of a law is often to try to keep peace between everyone. One might be fishing commercially and pretend research, but The Steve Irwin boat is just a self-serving egocentric hippy community and it serves more as a cult than a community anyway. You just don Expand
  8. GEofff
    Aug 14, 2009
    This show is so pointless,they say they wanna stop people killing whalers but they achieve absolutely nothing every episode..they fail everytime and they are wasting their time thinking that some stink bombs will do any damage to the whalers..they gotta do more aggresive stuff else the whole thing is pointless.
  9. GlennS
    Dec 14, 2008
    Eco-Terrorism is a perfect word. Does the Discovery Channel condone anarchy style behavior? I don't like the ACLU, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna throw nails in front of their vehicles while they are driving down the highway. I watched one episode and that was to much for me. I really hope this show ends after one season.
  10. Oct 2, 2010
    PIECE OF CRAP. All about tree-hugging hippies ruining the Japanese economy. That's all they do. Ruin the JAPANESE, no one else. America was whaling before. Besides, whales are delicious and so are dolphins. The only part I liked was when he got arrested. That's the only part I cheered for. Get a real job and stop mooching off TV shows. How blunt and intolerant are you all. Respect them.
  11. BobO.
    Aug 7, 2009
    What a waste of air time!!! They refer to their actions as battle. LOL It looks to me like a bunch of losers and dorks with no direction. The funniest thing I've seen lately. I hope the whalers catch them SOON!!!!
  12. GailE.C.
    Nov 25, 2008
    More often as not, good intentions override intelligence. The inexhaustible supply of youth who want to HELP the world only contributes to the problem. Whate Wars is a perfect example of waste. A waste of time, money, human effort and, quite possibly, life. I was very excited that the ship was named after Steve Irwin and imagined good things were about to happen. Now, I wish that his NAME More often as not, good intentions override intelligence. The inexhaustible supply of youth who want to HELP the world only contributes to the problem. Whate Wars is a perfect example of waste. A waste of time, money, human effort and, quite possibly, life. I was very excited that the ship was named after Steve Irwin and imagined good things were about to happen. Now, I wish that his NAME COULD BE REMOVED as the whole project is riddled with lack of preparation and embarrassment.. After selection, the crew gives the impression that they were told to show up at the dock with enthusiasm and not much else...certainly no training, or a clue as to HOW they were to achieve their lofty goal of saving whales. Shame on the skipper as one mishap befalls another. Crew errors (obviously, due to ignorance), not to mention damage to the helicopter which prevents it's SAFE useage. I've tried to watch each episode but leave the ordeal with a bad taste in my mouth and zero confidence level in the Skipper. (It's no wonder they kicked him out of Greenpeace) If he doesn't lose some, if not all, of his financial backing, it will be a miracle. HEADS UP..THIS MAN IS CRAZY. Expand
  13. GeneS.
    Nov 28, 2008
    Arhhhhhh! They're pirates!
  14. MattP
    Nov 21, 2009
    This show is the worst. The only drama is caused by the crew's incompetence. They would do a better job of stopping whaling by throwing themselves in front of the harpoons and then we wouldn't be subject to this disfunctional reject of a show.
  15. JimB
    Nov 4, 2009
    I only watch this to laugh at the way liberals and "utopia dreamers" are so out of touch with reality. They are all basically anarchists who just can't to follow orders, maintain discipline or work together. The only one with a lick of sense on the show is the chopper pilot.
  16. DDame
    Jul 24, 2009
    Unbelievably bad ! So they are against whaleing and FORCE thier views on everyone else. What a bunch of garbage. Illegally board another ship, throw chemical bombs on other shipd jam the prop of another ship because THEY don't like what their doing . I suppose by their standards its ok for me to come and do all that to them since I don't agree with their views.

1. Yet despite the distraction of its media grooming, the basic story of Whale Wars is quite a yarn.
  2. The result will be more fascinating to those already invested in this sort of conservation issue than to the casual viewer, who may find the journey tough going and the nuances of the whole whaling question a little dense.
  3. Whatever you might think of the group’s beliefs and belligerence, these sailors give great sound bites.