• Network: FX , FXX
  • Series Premiere Date: Jun 23, 2011
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
7.7

1. Aug 25, 2012
    The season opener is an edgy, weird ride that breaks hard from season 2 but then it goes back to some of the formula of season 1, albeit always peppered with some true laugh-out-louds. The dance recital of episode 7 is one of the friggin cutest things I've ever seen on TV. And this show does things we've never seen on TV before, almost every episode. The story arcs are similar from one episode to another but so what, that holds true for lots of great shows (Seinfeld, anyone). There is so much that is hilarious and original about this show and critics have it wrong. Expand
  2. Aug 31, 2012
    I think most people watch this expecting comedy, and you do get comedy but there is also a dark side to this show that the comedy tends to make you forget until the question of "What is Wilfred?" is brought up. I think this is a great show and one of the more under rated ones at that.
  3. Jul 12, 2012
    Wilfred takes the cake in comedy and adventure. Even though it has it's bad moments which puts me off sometimes, it still delivers the needed amount of good writing and nice detail.
  4. Jul 29, 2012
    I missed season 1 (but I'm planning on watching it ASAP) and the beginning of this season so I can't tell you if it's better or worse then the last season, or if this season has been good from the start. But what I can tell you is that it's a hilarious and unique show that's worthy of your time. I look forward to every episode, and enjoy seeing Elijah Wood (one of my personal favorite actors) on the show. It's hilarious, unique, downright weird, and completely enjoyable. Expand
  5. Jul 8, 2012
    Its pretty much the same as it was in the first season but it's still a very enjoyable show and definently worth the watch. I really like it, Im suprised that the critics dont because it's one of very few original shows out right now.
  6. Sep 3, 2012
    This show is my favorite comedy on FX. It has been a great show since the first season and continues to be super funny and I am not over exaggerating. In this season Elijah Woods' character Ryan is starting to find out more of who he is by taking in Wilfred's shenanigans and applying it to what he should be doing in his outside life aside from Wilfred. Vulgar, Hilarious, and Heartfelt are what I think of when I watch this show. Buy this show on DVD it is an awesome show even if the critics don't think so. Expand
  7. Aug 3, 2012
    Wilfred season 2 started out strong with a creepy season premiere, however, as the episodes go on, it loses the dark vibe that the first season tried so hard to set up. Season 1 is easily a 10. From the first two episodes of season 2 I thought it was going to be a real head trip and even better than the first season, but it seems that the show is starting to go the way of the Australian Comedy. Maybe the writers are dumbing it down so that the steadily declining ratings of the first season could come up, I truly hope that that is the case. If this season doesn't finish strong I might have to give up on the show, because every episode has disappointed me more and more starting with the 3rd episode of this season. Maybe its just because Ryan is fixing his life, but something needs to happen fast, I feel like I'm watching a really dragged out television drama, much like that of the Walking Dead... where only one thing can happen per an episode because they're lacking ideas. To the writers of Wilfred, please stop dumbing down your TV show, after watching the first season I considered this to be the greatest TV show currently on the air. Expand
  8. Mar 20, 2013
    Aside from the brilliant and daring opener, it is the same formula from the first season. Wilfred remains antics become a little more tiresome, but it is still often hilarious. 8.0/10
  9. Nov 2, 2012
    It's not a typical comedy show. It probably won't make you cry from laughter by any means but it is definitely entertaining and different. Each episode has a main idea that it follows and most have a deeper meaning then just comedy.
  10. Feb 15, 2013
    Probably one of the best comedies on TV right now. It has dark, gross out moments. But they all feel appropriate and well timed. Still very funny and touching at times. It is dog humor for adults. If you have not seen season 1 and are on the fence about this series, buy it or at least rent it from Netflix, Redbox, PSN, etc and see for yourself.
  11. Apr 3, 2013
    Season 2 isn't as grounded as the 1st season; a lot of the humor is more ridiculous than smart, which isn't all bad, but I prefer quirkiness over silliness. It's still funny, Wood and Gann are still in top form as are the supporting/guest stars, but season 2 is a bit on the trippy side. Still a pretty good comedy show that definitely knows how to benefit from cliffhanger endings.

1. Reviewed by: Darren Franich
    Aug 27, 2012
    Wilfred, the vulgarian talking dog, [is] beginning to feel like the same lame joke repeated ad nauseam.
    Wilfred is much more pleasant and consistently enjoyable than Falling Skies, but that might be because the stakes are much lower.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Lechevallier
    Jun 28, 2012
    The strain that comes with continuing to care about Ryan's sad-sack existence, one that's a direct result of his own insecurities and poor decisions, vastly outweighs the amusement packed away within the incidental laughs the series intermittently provides.