Windfall : Season 1

• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jun 8, 2006

1. richardp
    Jun 9, 2006
    The NY Times got it right - this is a handsome, entertaining show, the kind of escape you need during the summertime or anytime. Several actors shine, particularly Sarah Wynter.
  2. JackieE
    Jun 9, 2006
    I like it tremendously. I think the variety of characters gives it the potential for many storylines. I think this will be a surprise hit.
  3. MJ
    Jun 10, 2006
    The producers have a good idea for a show, but I think that there may be too many different storylines going on at the same time. If they focus more on the more interesting characters, I think they may have an good chance of lasting beyond this summer.
  4. KenA
    Jun 11, 2006
    Basketball, Tony Awards, 10:00 news or this on the major networks Sun night. I'd rather watch reruns.
  5. Dave
    Jun 11, 2006
    If there was an entertaining aspect to this show, I must have missed it! And how many times are they going to show the pilot episode? I watched this, very objectively, and was totally disappointed. The premise seemed good, but the acting is second rate, and the actors just don't seem to fit the roles. I'll give it a couple more episodes, but my initial reaction is "thumbs down"
  6. MerediathV
    Jun 12, 2006
    I liked the show it makes me want to watch the next episode to see what will happen next with some of the characters.
  7. TimB
    Jun 14, 2006
    I think that this show rises above the rest with a semi-unique concept of following more than 4 people in a dramatic series. I am very glad to see a show on network television with such deep and varied characters. All in all, if the initial shock of winning doesn't wear of too quickly, i think NBC might have a good 2 season hit on their hands.
  8. JoseA
    Jun 19, 2006
    There's a scene where one boy complains to his mother how the kids at school are bullying him because they know he is rich. You would think his mother would put him in private school or something, but no what she said next had me scrambling for my remote control "they'll get used to it". That was it for me.
  9. Larry
    Jun 21, 2006
    Bad show!! Bad acting and un-realistic stories. Just a bad show!
  10. AaronB
    Jun 28, 2006
    The premise of this show at first intrigues. However, the charm wears of quite quickly leaving only a small handful of mildly interesting characters drudging their way through storylines that seemed too forced to entertain.
  11. AmyD
    Jun 28, 2006
    I like it overall.
  12. Kayla
    Jul 1, 2006
    i love this show i watch it every week and i think this show is one of the best that hit the air ways this summer!
  13. chriss
    Jul 6, 2006
    pathetic, unoriginal and bad acting. i'm tired of watching rich white people with problems on television. oh but wait, they have a black girl, whose is not part of the "20 friends" who won the lottery but won anyways. at least they have her as a special guest.
  14. clauc
    Jul 10, 2006
    love it
  15. Angel
    Jul 13, 2006
    i was loved the idea.i thought finally a feel good show.i did not want another negative soap. i would like to watch and wish i was part of the action.i quit watching.i hate the new style of sitcoms-they are stupid and insult my intelligence.
  16. melj
    Jul 14, 2006
    I enjoy this show!!!
  17. AndreaB
    Jul 17, 2006
    I love the show, it shows that money does not always bring happiness
  18. ShaneK
    Jul 26, 2006
    This show is as hard to believe as actually winning the lottery is. Terrible twists and terrible acting makes for guessed it, terrible show!
  19. RachelB
    Aug 30, 2006
    GReat show. Can't wait for it every week.
  20. KrisM
    Aug 31, 2006
    Keeps me on the edge of my seat every week - I love it!
  21. JenL
    Aug 31, 2006
    This is the best show going - I can't believe it's over! Why do TV stations do this to us? Finally something worth watching instead of some stupid reality show about people eating bugs and prancing around naked. I want to see more of Windfall, but I doubt that will happen. Hopefully it'll come back - I wish I knew of a poll that NBC would actually listen to!
  22. LauraK
    Sep 2, 2006
    My husband and I both love this show! It is our hope that it will stay on forever!
    Sep 3, 2006
    Loved the show! Makes you wonder which one you'd most be like if you won.
  24. LZar
    Sep 3, 2006
    This was the best show all summer, I hope it returns. Let me know. We had a Windfall party every Thursday!
  25. AmberF
    Sep 7, 2006
    I liked this show it was the second show I got into that was cancelled on me.Reunion was the first Im going to have to quite watching tv A Luke Perry fan I loved him in 90210.
  26. wendyw
    Sep 8, 2006
    I love this show!!!!!! Please dont take off another good show. Just when you put a good show on you take it off. GO WINDFALL!!!!!!!!!
  27. HeatherG
    Sep 16, 2006
    I think Windfall was one of the best shows to hit your station thus far. You should really reconsider a second season of Windfall as you left your audience in suspense. The show left to many unanswered questions for the viewers. Windfall is awesome and if you do not renew it then shame on you and your network!!!
  28. SofS
    Sep 18, 2006
    I loved it. It is a geat show!! It make for a modern day Melrose Place for a generation who grew up on 90210. PUT IT BACK ON THE AIR. It was the best thing to watch this summer Thursday Nights!! Please put it back up!!! I loved it....
  29. missyc
    Sep 22, 2006
    I am so mad you took this show off the air.There was finally a awesome show on your network that was something for everyone.Please put windfall but on,there are so many questions unaswered.
  30. bibianneb
    Sep 26, 2006
    except for the adultry, Ilook forward towatchin this series
  31. AndreaG
    Oct 17, 2006
    This was the best show this year, I will be crushed if it doesn't return.
  32. tammya
    Oct 29, 2006
    wonderful show...need to see more of it
  33. MistyJ
    Oct 31, 2006
    I loved this show then you had to go and take it off!! Bring it back PLEASE!!
  34. shawnf
    Nov 4, 2006
    I am furious that you pulled the plug on Windfall. That show was awesome. The finale left us with so many unanswered questions. This show could have been HUGE. Please put Windfall back on. It was the highlight to my Thursday nights.
  35. LorettaH
    Dec 20, 2006
    great show. don't cancel it!
  36. shelleys
    Feb 17, 2007
    please put windfall back on nbc
  37. sharonc
    Feb 17, 2007
    this was a great show, please put it back on
  38. KimberlyW
    Mar 3, 2007
    This was a great show. Please don't leave us hanging from that last episode, bring it back :)
  39. JenniferM
    Mar 6, 2007
    Best show ever! Can't wait hopefully to see season 2. Bring it back PLEASE!!
  40. michelew
    Apr 26, 2007
    Very disappointed this show has been cancelled. Was looking forward to watching it again this summer. Tired of all the repeats all summer. This would of been refreshing.
  41. ShannonM
    Jun 6, 2007
    Please put Windfall back on the air. It was a great show. I always stayed interested. At least put it on for one more season to sum up all the stories. You cant just leave us hanging like that.
  42. cindya
    Jun 21, 2007
    i hope they put windfall back i want to see it and i was very sad when they canceled it please put it back so everyone could see it
  43. JessB
    Jul 18, 2007
    I loved Windfall!! Please Please Please have a season two!! I absolutly fell in love with the first season and i wish I knew what happens next!!

An unsatisfying and predictable jumble.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Most of the beats suffer from a been-there quality, and there's a glut of interlocking storylines that might be less of an issue, admittedly, if two or three really merited attention.
  3. Fans of the Pretty Woman shopping-montage scene... will be pleased with Windfall for sprinkling in splurges both decadent and dutiful... But... Windfall is smart enough to tighten the screws immediately.