• Network: ABC
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
7.2

1. JackP
    Feb 22, 2009
    What are you critics talking about? This is one of the best shows ever made.
  2. AdamA
    Jul 26, 2008
    I have never much been a fan of reality TV. However, this shows crackpot nature and unapologetic stance make it really easy to watch. Watching it, you can tell that the makers themselves don't take it very seriously. Watch it with friends and it's even better.
  3. mikeg
    Aug 3, 2008
    great show, critics take themselves too serious. yea, sometimes contestants wisecracks make be cohurst, but a punch in the crotch from a wall with a boxing glove is 100% real and funny and gives me something to talk to coworkers about.
  4. EvanB.
    Jun 24, 2009
    Wipeout is the best show on TV this summer. they change the obstacles every week, keeping things fresh. As well, the commentating from John Henson is hilarious. He didn't do too well on TV Guide but this summer, the only show i really care about watching is Wipeout.
  5. hoodayp.
    Sep 6, 2009
    A 9 for the show and a 1 for the people who are getting paid to review. mindless humor is great, and hey, what else are you doing on wednesday nights. watch it!
  6. Andrew
    Jul 11, 2008
    Seriously funny and entertaining, one of the reasons I watch TV.
  7. ReplicaEx
    Jul 12, 2008
    Yeah, it is just so freaking funny. Laughed my a** off.
  8. ChristinaS.
    Jul 28, 2008
    I cannot believe how low the ratings on this show are! I love it. The commentators totally make the whole thing with there deadpan comments to the "joke" of it all - like it is some Olympic or ESPN competition. It cracks me up. And really it comes down to the competitors - that they put themselves through this just to make some dough!
  9. JohnK.
    Aug 9, 2008
    This is a consistently enjoyable, albeit plotless and sometimes repetitive, show. As such, it's entirely undeserving of the critical slam it received by the likes of Variety and Slate. (The critical response stands in direct opposition to to the high weekly ratings the show receives, which demonstrates their increasing irrelevance.) Johns Henson and Anderson are enjoyable insofar as This is a consistently enjoyable, albeit plotless and sometimes repetitive, show. As such, it's entirely undeserving of the critical slam it received by the likes of Variety and Slate. (The critical response stands in direct opposition to to the high weekly ratings the show receives, which demonstrates their increasing irrelevance.) Johns Henson and Anderson are enjoyable insofar as their inability to take the show seriously. They self-consciously try too hard, they know we know that they try too hard. It's refreshing in a summer of America's Got Talent. Everyone should watch this show for a few episodes, because the more you get to know the obstacles, the more fun it is to anticipate how badly the contestants will fail. Completely worthwhile. Expand
  10. MPi
    Aug 9, 2008
    One of the dumbest shows ever, but still couldn't stop laughing for the longest time!
  11. karolm
    Jun 10, 2009
    Its a simple gameshow that simply makes me laugh. Sometimes I ama amazed with the contestants and their personalities. The trash talking is just hilarious. The commentaries by the Johns aren't the best part of the show but it does add humor to it. Although it does have violence to it, you could call this a family show. Even the most depressed will get a laugh out of this.
  12. Roman
    Sep 5, 2009
    I loved this show. It was actually funny and fun to watch. I hope it comes back. Sometimes slapstick comedy can be the best.
  13. JamesM.
    Jul 13, 2008
    It is the coolest show ever the obstacles courses are awesome.
  14. ValerieL.
    Jul 23, 2008
    me and my 9 year old love this show!! it is flipping hilarious! Goodbye and BIG BALLS!
  15. Jul 31, 2012
    John A. and John H. are hilarious funny wipeouts. Best obstacle course ever!! I love the show episode 5 was the best by the way. Anyways It's hilarious what the heck were the critics smoking while rating the show.
  16. May 13, 2013
    Most of the viewers who watch ABC, probably know about "Wipeout", and with a huge difference of 34 on Metacritic and 74 on the user reviews, Wipeout seems to split viewers depending on how you look at this show. You can either laugh at this people fall down on near impossible obstacles, or just feel embarrassed for people who participate in this show. For me I'm with the user's on thisMost of the viewers who watch ABC, probably know about "Wipeout", and with a huge difference of 34 on Metacritic and 74 on the user reviews, Wipeout seems to split viewers depending on how you look at this show. You can either laugh at this people fall down on near impossible obstacles, or just feel embarrassed for people who participate in this show. For me I'm with the user's on this one, the first season of Wipeout has problems with making you like the people participating, plus there are some cringe worthy moments, but if you love Japanese inspired game shows, crazy contestants, and funny liners, you may enjoy Wipeout for what it is. Pretty much put that Wipeout is about 24 contestants all competing for $50,000 dollars, one catch, the world's most insane obstacle course since MXC. Every week the production crew changes things up to keep things interesting, examples include tennis balls on the dread-mill, crows on the sweeper bar, and a ball swing at the end of the first course. The contestants are a mix of memorable and just plain normal, but the real fun comes when they wipeout, which is where it succeeds at. Even if some of the wipeouts become a little boring, something laugh out loud could happen that 'll make you keep watching. Not all the contestants are interesting (some try a little too hard to be memorable),and some of the lines are cringe worthy and sometimes embarrassing to listen too, but if look at that title and think about it, this is the kind of show that is not meant to be taken so seriously and when someone falls, it's better to just laugh. Expand

1. In fact, the entire show consists almost entirely of spills, tumbles and falls, most of which fell short of being breathtaking, spectacular or catastrophic.
  2. If you've watched ABC at all this summer, you've essentially seen all Wipeout has to offer: people of various shapes, sizes and ages all falling face-first into the mud while trying to complete an obstacle course that's been designed to be all but impossible to finish unscathed.
  3. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    ABC hasn't provided much in advance to watch--smart network!--but there were some clips for Wipeout, and they were (seriously) hilarious.