Worst Week : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 22, 2008
6.1

1. BeckyD.
    Sep 25, 2008
    Very funny-watched it 3 times and laughed everytime-husband loved it, too!
  2. DrewH
    Nov 20, 2008
    I absolutely LOVE this show. I do wonder how the writers will be able to keep it funny. You do see most of the disasters coming, however. I think it's worth a second season.
  3. patrickf.
    Oct 16, 2008
    As far as laughing out loud at a television sit com, this is where it's at. I watched four episodes in a row on cbs.com and loved each one of them. Granted, the premise is predictable, but it remains funny even when you see it coming. I read all of the critics' reviews and it seemed that the ones who didn't like it are those in the 55 and over set who yearn for the days of As far as laughing out loud at a television sit com, this is where it's at. I watched four episodes in a row on cbs.com and loved each one of them. Granted, the premise is predictable, but it remains funny even when you see it coming. I read all of the critics' reviews and it seemed that the ones who didn't like it are those in the 55 and over set who yearn for the days of M*A*S*H* and Thirty Something to return to the airwaves. Pound for pound, minute for minute, the only show on tv that is funnier is The Office. Expand
  4. JohnS.
    Oct 17, 2008
    I laughed and cringed all the way through 3 episodes. I hope this one makes it!
  5. JefferyS.
    Sep 24, 2008
    Holy crap this was funny!
  6. ChristopherK.
    Nov 15, 2008
    The fact that it feels like a sitcom version of meet the parents is why it works so well! its the humor that makes you want to look away from the TV set, but you cant because you want to see the reaction from the rest of the cast. It is one of the best new sitcoms on TV this season!
  7. EliasC.
    Oct 24, 2008
    A guilty pleasure. Repetitive as it it, it is still more amusing than most sitcoms.
  8. frankv
    Nov 5, 2008
    The pilot was funny at first, but the humor started to get annoying towards the end. I was saying enough already with the stupid decisions and bad luck the main character was having. This kind of humor is funny for one episode, but its going to go downhill from here. Its amazing how writers would think this show to be successful. I will have to reevaluate myself or the rest of the tv The pilot was funny at first, but the humor started to get annoying towards the end. I was saying enough already with the stupid decisions and bad luck the main character was having. This kind of humor is funny for one episode, but its going to go downhill from here. Its amazing how writers would think this show to be successful. I will have to reevaluate myself or the rest of the tv viewing world if this show is picked up for another season because something must be wrong with one of us. Expand
  9. JeffM.
    Oct 16, 2008
    The most predictable, unentertaining sitcom I have seen in a while. If this gets picked up, it's an atrocity. How it made it on NBC's Monday night lineup is a mystery.
  10. StuartM.
    Oct 30, 2008
    This show was very bad. The situations were so predictable and it is unbelievable that all this stuff would happen to one guy. If you compare it to Meet the Parents moves the writing is a lot worse. In Meet the parents they give you time to think everything is fine instead of having something bad happen every 5 seconds. They need to develop the story without their being something wrong This show was very bad. The situations were so predictable and it is unbelievable that all this stuff would happen to one guy. If you compare it to Meet the Parents moves the writing is a lot worse. In Meet the parents they give you time to think everything is fine instead of having something bad happen every 5 seconds. They need to develop the story without their being something wrong all the time. Pound for Pound Minute for Minute this show was stupid Patrick and I'm 16. The office is 10 times better and Scrubs is even better than that. Expand
  11. michellej.
    Oct 13, 2008
    This is the worst show I have ever seen. Hard to sit thru an entire episode. Wish they would put Moonlight back on in this time slot.

It won't insult your intelligence, and it has a completely likable lead actor in Kyle Bornheimer; but Worst Week is nevertheless completely predictable and unambitious.
  2. Worst Week, a new entry in CBS' Monday lineup, is a luke-warm sitcom about a schleprock of a magazine editor named Sam Briggs (Kyle Bornheimer) who becomes nervous and accident-prone when around his fiancee Melanie's conservative parents Dick (Kurtwood Smith, reprising the gruff father figure he played on "That '70s Show") and mother Angela (Nancy Lenehan).
    All in all, this is a much-watered down version of "Meet the Parents," and the only watchable things are the slow-burn looks of disgust from Dick (Kurtwood Smith), Sam's displeased future father-in-law.