Worst Week : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 22, 2008
6.1

1. frankv
    Nov 5, 2008
    The pilot was funny at first, but the humor started to get annoying towards the end. I was saying enough already with the stupid decisions and bad luck the main character was having. This kind of humor is funny for one episode, but its going to go downhill from here. Its amazing how writers would think this show to be successful. I will have to reevaluate myself or the rest of the tv The pilot was funny at first, but the humor started to get annoying towards the end. I was saying enough already with the stupid decisions and bad luck the main character was having. This kind of humor is funny for one episode, but its going to go downhill from here. Its amazing how writers would think this show to be successful. I will have to reevaluate myself or the rest of the tv viewing world if this show is picked up for another season because something must be wrong with one of us. Expand

It won't insult your intelligence, and it has a completely likable lead actor in Kyle Bornheimer; but Worst Week is nevertheless completely predictable and unambitious.
  2. Worst Week, a new entry in CBS' Monday lineup, is a luke-warm sitcom about a schleprock of a magazine editor named Sam Briggs (Kyle Bornheimer) who becomes nervous and accident-prone when around his fiancee Melanie's conservative parents Dick (Kurtwood Smith, reprising the gruff father figure he played on "That '70s Show") and mother Angela (Nancy Lenehan).
    All in all, this is a much-watered down version of "Meet the Parents," and the only watchable things are the slow-burn looks of disgust from Dick (Kurtwood Smith), Sam's displeased future father-in-law.