7.6

1. Aug 24, 2011
    Terrific, elegant show. Both Rufus Sewell and his lead actress are eminently watchable, and the stories are compelling. This one's a keeper. Would love to see them shoot some additional episodes.
  2. Jul 18, 2011
    We were given an advanced showing in the UK, as it is a BBC production, and I loved it. Antonioni cool for the 21st Century. Great performances, and beautifully shot too. I would recommend this, The Shadow Line and Sherlock as the benchmark for new Britishcrime drama.
  3. Jul 31, 2011
    Just got done watching the 3rd and (final?) episode of BBC's Zen. FANTASTIC! The writing, production quality, the acting, all beyond what is offered on any other station. The cinematography blows away most theatrical movies. I just read BBC axed pursuing a series of this? And there is even more Zen stories already written and ready for the taking? You guys gotta get with it and continue this as a series. There's plenty of loose threads in sub-plots to continue further. You have a goldmine. The question over the past 3 Sundays in our house has been: Do you want to go to the movies? No, we want to stay in and watch Zen! Sonoma, CA Expand
  4. Aug 5, 2011
    Once I got over the fact that all the Italian characters were speaking English, I fell in love with this show. Zen, his new girl friend, his mother, his co-workers, even his enemies were really great. What a shame if it is true that the BBC canceled it. I guess American networks aren't the only ones that don't give truly excellent programs a real chance to build an audience. Watch it online at PBS.com while you have the chance! Expand

1. Reviewed by: David Zurawik
    Jul 18, 2011
    There are just too many problems with the lead character and writing for this to ever become a PBS staple like "Inspector Morse" or "Miss Marple" had been.
  2. Reviewed by: Lesley Smith
    Jul 18, 2011
    Despite the pleasures of these performances, the series drags. Inside each of Zen's 90-minute episodes lies, one suspects, a crisp hour.
  3. Reviewed by: David Wiegand
    Jul 18, 2011
    The performances are superb, especially that of Sewell in the title role. He underplays the part to sublime perfection, making Aurelio Zen one of the most attractive and fascinating TV cops in years.