|By date||Most helpful reviews||By my score||By metascore||By user score|
Average User Score: 8.3Mar 18, 2015Right now it is my best Vita game... ohh I went too far so let me correct it - best from new releases.
GRAPHIC - smooth, no bugs, no lags, noRight now it is my best Vita game... ohh I went too far so let me correct it - best from new releases.
GRAPHIC - smooth, no bugs, no lags, no performance drops.
GAMEPLAY - great, it is much like Dead Nation but because of multiplayer and really hard levels much much better than DN and there is no bugs(!) (at least I did not see any).
IMO, there is ONLY ONE FAIL (not small one) - there is no way to change keys-settings - in Vita when you use right pad and R you unknowingly shake a little bit whole console - NOT MUCH, but enough to miss while you try to snipe something - it would be much much better solution to set fire trigger on L-button (tried it in Dead Nation - and it is much better solution indeed)
DLC - there are DLC's already in PSN - and I kind of like it since everything new that may improve the game (and DLC's are) are most welcome :)
So the game IMO should have 8,5 / 10 score... BUT since it is on Vita (and lets be honest - this console is dying slow death) I give it 10/10… Expand
Average User Score: 5.9Nov 19, 2014I gave 0 because THAT IS NOT what I expected. Lets be clear - this is not as bad as DA2... but lets be serious - it is NOT POSSIBLE to makeI gave 0 because THAT IS NOT what I expected. Lets be clear - this is not as bad as DA2... but lets be serious - it is NOT POSSIBLE to make worst game than DA2. But to be in clear - this nothing like DA1 - which is BEST!… Expand
Average User Score: 8.3Nov 9, 2014I am a person who read reviews, not write them. BUT this time I decided to change it, why? Well this game was named in few reviews asI am a person who read reviews, not write them. BUT this time I decided to change it, why? Well this game was named in few reviews as flag-ship for PS Vita. I STRONGLY disagree. Because this game has one HUGE (as elephant) flaw!!!
From the beginning I will write – it is NOT about grinding!
Grinding is something I do like/love – but just a heads up – IF YOU DON’T LIKE grinding – you don’t even have to read this review – what You may do is FORGET about this game forever!!!
Well – it is just AMAZING. You can create your character as You want (haircut, hair colour, face, eyes, body, skin, clothes. 10/10 GRAPHIC. Again – it is just astonishing. The way World in FW looks is great.
Pointless, useless and not needed. This game would be much better if kept without storyline, like Monster Hunter (BUT just to be clear DO NOT compare this something to such a brilliant game as MH).
SO reassuming story in game – it is there but don’t expect it will interest You in any way. No fireworks there. 5/10
It is clear and You can easily catch all important information without need to open any additional sub-menu. But there is some room for improvements.
I could write and write here but before I’ll do so I will just say – IT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- dodging only works to avoid some traps and “jumping” over some objects – like monsters temporarily lying on the ground – it will in any way help you with dodging monster attacks
- “web-thing” (called “thorn” in the game) – it is good idea and if only shooting-system would be better thought through it could work – unfortunately monsters moves too chaotic (not at first levels)
- jumping – you can only jump while hanging from your web – which is IMO idiotic – the only “jumpish” move is dodge-button – but it is not quite what I was looking for
- moving – no way you can assign keys as You want – game gives you few options, but for me none of it works as it should
2. Monsters / Soldiers
- easy at the beginning, MUCH MUCH too hard soon after
- until lvl 7 you just fly-by without any problems, as lvl 7 YOU get STUCK!!! (not only my problem), it is because difficulty grow is BADLY(!!!) balanced
- monster movements is MUCH TOO CHAOTIC – there is no way to predict what happens – so You it does not matter how skilled you are… what matters is LUCK
- some guns (like blowtorch) that soldiers use can block you – which is completely idiotic when you make 1-person mission
- sneaking – you just go or run or whatever – it is like this soldiers were deaf
- rescue – all perfect at the beginning BUT when You got to higher levels You see that monsters are not so easy to kill so You want to rescue civilian without killing monster (usually you must free from 3 to 5 people). And now SURPRISE – you freed 1 person from one monster and in THE SAME SPOT that 1st monster is 2nd appears!!! And you have 2 monsters in some small area. Now try to imagine what happens if you must free 5 people…
- kill – ohhh until lvl 7 it is just delightful adventure – you go and you kill. BUT AGAIN from lvl 7 you are screwed. Your weapons (that were more than perfect so far) are just incredibly weak and useless. Monsters appears together with lots of soldiers (and other monsters of course) which makes almost impossible to kill them, again why?
• they are really strong(!)
• they are chaotic – so there is no chance to predict what they’ll do (not even small chance) – it is like gamble
• Your companions are too weak (didn’t I say You can have companions? Well You can and it helps – but don’t expect mirracles)
• Your weapon is too weak
• and my favourite – THERE IS NOT ENOUGH TIME!!!!!!!
My overall score for the game is: 2/10
(GAMEPLAY SUCKS!!!)… Expand
Average User Score: 7.3Jun 21, 2014This game is AWESOME! I honestly DID NOT suspect I'll like it. To be perfectly clear I'm not even into this type of games but surprisingly DW8This game is AWESOME! I honestly DID NOT suspect I'll like it. To be perfectly clear I'm not even into this type of games but surprisingly DW8 is something I enjoy a lot.
I won't write much about this game because there is nothing to write. It is just killing hordes of enemies like maniac. Seriously it is addictive.
Best game to watch TV and play.… Expand
Average User Score: 6.4May 27, 2014As I play this game I think only one thing... How "hack&slash"/"RPG" game can be sooooooo boring...
And more than that: why FPS drops soooAs I play this game I think only one thing... How "hack&slash"/"RPG" game can be sooooooo boring...
And more than that: why FPS drops sooo badly in the game? Couldn't they optimized graphic to PS Vita? It is possible!… Expand
Average User Score: 8.5May 27, 2014This is by far the best remastered edition of any game that was ported to PS Vita.
I could write like a whole review of this games (becauseThis is by far the best remastered edition of any game that was ported to PS Vita.
I could write like a whole review of this games (because you got in one package FFX and FFX-2).
What is wrong with it? I say - nothing. Graphics gives chills, gameplay and storyline... well it is IMHO best FF in whole series so it rocks the place in absolutely everything.
If You like real RPG(!) and not some stupid "Zenonia" type games (which had flooded the market this days). And You don't have this game yet... I ask: what is wrong with You... BUY IT :)… Expand
Average User Score: 7.1May 26, 2014This game should be one of best PS Vita games - but it fails sooo badly.
Good for children - lots of colorful monsters to kill.
NOT for MHThis game should be one of best PS Vita games - but it fails sooo badly.
Good for children - lots of colorful monsters to kill.
NOT for MH fans - it is just so easy to play. I do remember MHFU (best MH game IMHO) - it was just too difficult to play sometimes - and that is how a good game should be.
Ragnarok is oversimplified game, which gives you no sense of achievement while you advance. And what is killing me in it is the fact that it is boring after only few hours play.… Expand
Average User Score: 8.0Feb 22, 2014To be honest I bought it because I was sure I will be playing good MH like game in better graphic than I have on my 3DS... and now I gaveTo be honest I bought it because I was sure I will be playing good MH like game in better graphic than I have on my 3DS... and now I gave lower score because I am strongly disappointed.
Game "wants" to be Monster Hunter and it fails on every level there is.
Starting with graphic (!) don't ask me how come... comparing villages MH 3DS vs Toukiden PSV gives You pretty much a best example... On PSV it looks... cheap, poor, just worst - and let me remind that PSV has much better screen than 3DS where village in MH looks great).
Storyline... useless and not needed.
Character looks - in compare to MH... again - poor(!).
I could write more things like: character movements or "combos" (I would rather call it "weird movements") but for me all of it comes to one thing only: HITBOX IS AWFULL. Honestly if we are comparing this game to MH series then I need to say - Monster Hunter Freedom 1 had better hitbox (even though it was faaaaar from perfection).
So to finish my review I will write only this - like most of MH fans (and not only) I had huge expectations towards this game - and that was my mistake, I should have expected something bad... maybe then I wouldn't be so frustrated. Game while gives something "new" to PSV (since only MHFU from PSP is on it) does not bring anything to genre. If You like fighting - take Soul Sacryfice, if You like good story - Persona 4 Gold (or wait for 18 march 2014 for FF).
I think the best ending would be this sentense: While Toukiden pretends to be as good as Monster Hunter it is far from it. Hitbox fails, graphic does not give chills. And while MH is a game for hundrets of hours Toukiden is only for tens.… Expand