|By date||Most helpful reviews||By my score||By metascore||By user score|
Average User Score: 6.1Jun 27, 2013My first ever proper look into playing the Dead Space franchise, I liked it.
- Yes, if you were a fan of the previous Dead Spaces, you wouldMy first ever proper look into playing the Dead Space franchise, I liked it.
- Yes, if you were a fan of the previous Dead Spaces, you would most likely hate and dislike this new inclusion in the series.
- It lacks horror, it has obvious jump scares and does almost nothing which would give you the same creepiness and it just doesn't have the same as previous Dead Spaces to say the least
- It is very obvious that they either took or were forced by EA to take the safe side and choose the one which would give them the most profit which is an action shooter game (as if we didn't have enough of them), and in this genre I would say they did fine, they had weapon customization, engaging enemies, a couple pleasant boss fights.
- They also did coop in my opinion awesomely. You weren't forced to restart a mission just because someone wanted to play with you, the drop in and drop out system at the checkpoints were very convenient.
- This game is an action/shooter rather than the previous in the past horror/survival/shooter sort of genre
- 7/10 because I have not played the previous and see this as an action shooter with horror elements and it seems like it did fine in the genre… Expand
Average User Score: 7.3Jun 27, 2013I'll start of by saying that I love god games, I indeed do. And I was waiting in anticipation for this game, however It just didn't have theI'll start of by saying that I love god games, I indeed do. And I was waiting in anticipation for this game, however It just didn't have the same feeling for me that I wanted.
- The thing I love about god games is that I am able to essentially do whatever I want in the form of being a god.
- I could create trees, pick up my followers and throw them around, cast meteors, terraform the land
- But I am personally not a fan of this type of game, I see i t more of a number crunching game without a real goal in mind
- in From Dust I had a set goal of protecting my city as well as optional missions and so on and so forth however I just lack the direction that I needed and wanted
- The game turned too technical for me and took the enjoyment out of it for me.
6/10 because is still a good game but not to my tastes.… Expand
Average User Score: 2.2Jun 27, 2013To really review this game as it is now, you might think that most of the bad reviews are just because people are biased because of serverTo really review this game as it is now, you might think that most of the bad reviews are just because people are biased because of server problems. However I am going to compare this game to its predecessors with reference to its supposed 'cloud processing'.
- It was fun playing with a friend, this was not due to the supposed multiplayer, but it was fun because we could see each other's development and we strived to make a sustainable and still a good looking city.
- Cities feel so so very small when we think about what the older simcities were like. My friend and I both agreed that cities should be bigger as it felt very crowded when we made high rises and large buildings and landmarks.
- More maps and links. We see these maps are even more of an unnecessary restriction, why are we unable to connect every city and great work via road/railways, this would encourage us to play more in order to get every great work and create more cities since they are connected.
- Ferries are so useless (imo)
- I believe that they have attempted to (i forgot the word for it) re-make/re-publish this franchise a bit, however they should definitely remove the oh-so many restrictions this game has. Whether it be offline play, or large cities, or amount of cities on one map. I see simcity as a sandbox where I can create whatever I like and how many I want to make, and if you restrict me in this way, I really can't enjoy it to the fullest. While I do take into account that they may or may not be telling the truth that they require cloud processing and if restrictions were not placed then it might be too much, then they could spend more time seeing if they can utilise multi-core properly.
- I feel that it was rushed and ruined by EA being their publisher. I feel for maxim.
- Saying that, I have enjoyed the game for most of the 77+ hours (the is because origin booted me out and didn't save more of my hours) that I've played
- 7/10 for me. I still put more hours into this game than most, though I don't know if the enjoyment factor was as much. I recommend picking this up if you are/were into simcity when it gets discounted/down to a low price… Expand
Average User Score: 4.9Jun 27, 2013Overall, I believe the game was fun for me due to the fact that I played it with a friend.
There are two maps or so in there which force youOverall, I believe the game was fun for me due to the fact that I played it with a friend.
There are two maps or so in there which force you to start from the very beginning when you die and the maps were punishing causing us to take more than 17 minutes of retries in order to get past them.
I believe that they can definitely improve on a little bit of everything. Sometimes the jumping felt a little frustrating and not smooth enough, wish the music was a bit more interactive (overall, it wasn't too noticeable, perhaps this was due to me shouting at my deaths because i was racing with a friend). Definitely needs a tiny bit more variety. And doesn't respond very well to your music, it would be nice if they had a sort of allowing you to send files within the lobby so that you didn't have to waste time outside the game sending each other music files in order to play the same song.
Overall, I would not classify myself as a platform gamer, I almost hate the genre, but by the game having multiplayer with a friend it made the whole game a lot more fun for me since i especially like coop games.… Expand