|By date||Most helpful reviews||By my score||By metascore||By user score|
Average User Score: 7.5Oct 24, 2013I'll keep it short and sweet:
1. Session mode is an awesome addition, there is a plethora of instruments to choose from andI'll keep it short and sweet:
1. Session mode is an awesome addition, there is a plethora of instruments to choose from and the band reacts accordingly to what you are playing, TONS OF FUN.
2. Mini-games are actually fun this time.
3. Interface is A MILLION times better than the original, clunky and unintuitive design.
1. This is not a substitute for guitar lessons, no matter what the ads tell you. You will at least need a couple of irl lessons to teach you proper picking, positioning etc... .
2. The session mode is a bit simplistic, in a sense that there will be ONE preset ABCDEFG chords that the band will play at a time.
I personally haven't found anything that would top this in terms of being fun and simultaneously be educational.… Expand
Average User Score: 7.3Jun 9, 2013Extremely overrated,
I jumped on the hype train, so to speak, wanting to experience a game that promised to be atmospheric open-world andExtremely overrated,
I jumped on the hype train, so to speak, wanting to experience a game that promised to be atmospheric open-world and unforgiving. Instead I got a buggy and unfair experience.
First let me start off with the positives:
1. The atmosphere is great
2. Some character's are memorable
4. Survival element
5. The amount of activities
Elements that were...meh:
1. Graphics are Ok at best.
2. Dialogues are ok most of the time, but sometimes certain discussions arise that make absolutely no sense, for example one of the protagonists gets very defensive and emotional about a character they literally knew 5 minutes).
Aspects that absolutely sucked:
1. Bugs and frame rate wouldn't mind it that much if not for: constant clipping through walls, zombies that can see through walls, texture load time after starting a new game (I got one of my best characters killed off just because zombies didn't load in properly).
2. Brainless combat system mash the x button until something dies.
3. Super zombies are BS I must have had the worst or something because I literally stumbled upon them every 8 minutes. You will probably break any weapon you carry due to the amount of hp the zombie has. They jump out from absolutely nowhere and take out half of your HP if they pummel you to the ground.
4. I will endorse perma-death ONLY if its as a consequence of the player's mistakes. I lost my first character, because the zombies that were hitting me didn't load in properly. I lost my second character, because the camera got stuck behind some bushes, while I was swatting aimlessly at zombies that attacked me from behind. I lost my third character, because the idiotic AI decided to block an entrance to a house, resulting in me getting ganked by 10 zombies.
The aforementioned negatives completely destroyed my gaming experience. Its not a terrible game, so if you are willing to look past some of it's glaring drawbacks, you should definitely at least check out the trial version.… Expand
Average User Score: 8.2May 24, 2013Finally managed to make the game playable, but only after screwing around with the graphics settings for an hour.
This game is amazing if youFinally managed to make the game playable, but only after screwing around with the graphics settings for an hour.
This game is amazing if you get it to work properly, really fun and addicting, almost on par with bound in blood.
The only negative that I can really think of, is that the story is just.... ok. Definitely worse than the story in the first CoJ which was just plain awesome.
In the end its all about the game play which was tons of fun, recommend to all who like a bit of mindless shooting now and again.… Expand