Average User Score: 5.4Jul 17, 2013Hated it the first time I watched it, not sure why but it was alot better the second time. So watch it twice. Regardless the ending credit were the best part of the movie and I wish they had not completely abandoned the "Hangover" formula. I think there was middle ground to be struck but unfortunately it was never found.… Expand
Average User Score: 7.4Jul 17, 2013Robert Downey is brilliant. Love how people say this is nothing like Sherlock Holmes. Wonder if they know that in the books he was a Cocaine addict... oh and to all the people who said it was too "Grey"...Never Ever Ever go to London, you'll hate it.… Expand
Average User Score: 8.1Jul 17, 2013Loved it. It captured the essence of the Novel well. I loved how they had some dialouge practically (if not exactly) verbatim from the book (The Exchange between Gandalf and Bilbo in the Beginning). Young Bilbo ws cast perfectly with Freeman and I adore all the dwarves At your Service I absolutely cannot wait for the next installments. The Hobbit was more light hearted than the LOTR but was in no was a Children's Book as some negative reviewers said. Also the "Bloat" that was not in the novel was from the appendices. It irks me when reviewers have utterly no idea what they are talking about when it comes to plot.… Expand
Average User Score: 7.5Jul 17, 2013Okay, first off. Definitely not a Transformers Rip Off. I felt that this was very fresh. It built on the long lost "Oh That's a Giant Monster Destroying our City!" concept which I haven't seen since the new King Kong. The Monsters themselves, the Kaiju were beastly, very cool. Then the Jaigers...Damn, just damn. Loved it from start to finish, I felt that there was not really a "main" character and there were reasons to root for and become attached to all of them. I could see t he Del Toro flavor in much of the design, specifically the Ron Pearlman character. So to sum up, just watch it! Classic Summer flick. Enjoy.… Expand
Average User Score: 6.5Jul 9, 2013Terrible. Wow, I don't think I have ever been so disappointed in a movie that I did not have any previous connection too. Trailers looked good, looked fun and packed with historic relevance, no suck luck. Well, it was packed with hisorically relevance that was quickly turned into a joke. "Hey we just made an emotional impact about how the Native Americans were killed by the white man. Here is a horse in a hat, in a tree to lighten the mood two seconds later... oh and hey let's play the tacky but nostalgic theme music for twenty minutes straight in what could have been an awesome action scene if not for the music..." Tasteless and Soulless. Almost walked out. To quote Tonto, "Never Do that Again..."… Expand
Average User Score: 6.4Jun 29, 2013This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ten Reasons Iron Man 3 was an absolute disappointment. Ranked in no particular order.
1) No AC/DC
2) Replaced Tony's Alcholism with Anxiety Disorder
3) Mandarin was fake and was completely misleading in the trailer
4) Apparently the suits no require a "charge" rather than pulling energy from the ark
5) Tony destroys all his suit because his grilfriend says so...
6) Kills Iron Man, Tony removes the ark and scrapnel from his chest, that apparently could not be done in IM 1 or 2, even though the entire second movie was about the ark poisoning him...
7) Extremis Goons could apparently more easily destroy Iron Man armor than the god of Thunder
8) Should have been called "Tony Stark 1 I can't do anything I use to do and barely where my suit."
9) 70's Spy Movie Montage for Credits
10) Bruce Banner unknowingly making commentary on the terrible movie by falling asleep to Tony'y retelling of it.
This movie is a terrible conclusion to one of the best franchises. Just don't see it.… Expand