Average User Score: 7.1Aug 6, 2013As a fan of strategy games which I play endlessly on my free time I was happy to see a new game out. Sadly this game should be put back intoAs a fan of strategy games which I play endlessly on my free time I was happy to see a new game out. Sadly this game should be put back into Alpha and pulled from the Steam store. The biggest issues I've had with it so far on Easy is within 3 turns I've lost my main base despite building units before they come to attack and while inside. They attacked with a massive army, how the hell am I suppose to stop that? 25% chance to win on 3 turns? Secondly I had a fight that had stated that I only had 1% chance to win but I figure I might as well give it a try. It started off good and then 1 minute in I went from 1000 population down to 500...wait what? Where did they all go? I didn't spend them. Then as the fight progressed and I started losing since I've lost half my population within the first minute and had only built a few units I scramble to get a decent size army going. Within 3-4 of minutes after spending 300 so recruits I was getting repeated messages that I was losing 4 recruits because the enemy had more buildings than me? Despite the fact my army was crushing theirs and we were making progress. So I sold my army production buildings when I took back a resource so I can build a new one. The 4 recruits being removed goes so quick and repeatedly that I had lost 100 something recruits and only 1 resource building built before all recruits are gone. What the hell is that? Last but not least, the auto-resolve system. Why would you dare make a strategy game where I can't fight all battles? Why am I forced to auto-resolve battles? Terrible just terrible system. Probably the worst $40 dollars I have ever spent on Steam so far.… Expand
Average User Score: 1.5Aug 18, 2012This game has bugs bugs bugs and more bugs that lead to lockups and endless crashes. But for a moment say the game is stable and look outsideThis game has bugs bugs bugs and more bugs that lead to lockups and endless crashes. But for a moment say the game is stable and look outside of the bugs. The graphics are okay but everything is just mashed together poorly. The GUI is a wreck, half the UI is cut off in places and in other places it doesn't tell you what something does. A pet rock is smarter than the AI, multiplayer is completely broken, and there is poor performance on top of the line gaming machines that doesn't make sense at all. On top of that it's like they took everything from every major 4X space game, pushed it into this one but did it extremely poorly. It has great potential however at this point the game needs a massive overhaul before it can even get there and I don't think it can recover as its far far worse than SotS2 was on launch. DO NOT BUY!… Expand
Average User Score: 7.3Jul 4, 2012Great game though it can be quite easy on even the hardest maps to beat once you realize how the game functions. You basically control theGreat game though it can be quite easy on even the hardest maps to beat once you realize how the game functions. You basically control the kingdom (market, adding new skills for the heroes, grouping) and the AI heroes do their own thing. You can help direct them with flags to tell them where the adventure is but for the most part the AI heroes are like a player in a D&D world. You just create the world around them.… Expand
Average User Score: 7.7Jul 4, 2012Decent game and it's worth supporting the company with a few dollars if you enjoy the game itself. If you like the original tribes or anyDecent game and it's worth supporting the company with a few dollars if you enjoy the game itself. If you like the original tribes or any decent shooter game this game is for you(it's free to play so its stupid not to try out). Quite polished and well made maps. About ~100 hours so far spent playing since the beta days and will play some more for sure.… Expand
Average User Score: 5.9May 1, 2012SWTOR the game with quite the storyline. Decent game but I was hoping more from the PvP front of things than HUTTBALL. Game still has some funSWTOR the game with quite the storyline. Decent game but I was hoping more from the PvP front of things than HUTTBALL. Game still has some fun factor in it but the latest event was too short and I still disapprove of the handling of the PvP system currently. Ilum was handled poorly and all the exploiters still got to keep their rewards while the rest of us who played the game legit basically got told that we should have been exploiting as well. It's really quite dumb. Besides that though good storyline, loveable choices like I would love to have in all MMOs, and awesome side kicks that help you adventure along. Sad thing is once you're done the main point of the side kick is to craft or gather for you which seems kinda pointless really. You build a relationship...ohh thx for helping me kill such and such enjoy your time mining some rocks for me while I go PvP in huttball. Space combat I was hoping for something more but it's an crazy easy arcade game no matter what level you are. So I give it a 7 as its worth a few months of fun.… Expand
Average User Score: 6.9May 1, 2012Game is beautiful I'll give it that but that's all I will give it. Combat is okay but for a game that specifically talks about how the gameGame is beautiful I'll give it that but that's all I will give it. Combat is okay but for a game that specifically talks about how the game requires skill and what have you for playing there are a lot of lock on spells that make it even easier to use than typical MMOs. The quests are boring and the text is just meaningless so no point in reading any of that which just removes it more from feeling like a decent money worth MMO. If you like the typical kill 10 of these endless amount of quests this is the MMO for you. If you want a bit more money for your buck like most MMOs coming out these days you probably won't fancy this one too much. On the PvP side of things its fun but what really ruins it is the fact that people can switch channels (yes there are timers and some limitations but still easily doable) and if decent enough with a lot of spells to get you to run away you can get away from a fight. The second to last thing to talk about is censorship and what this company has done to this game. The game is wonderful in Korea looks beautiful and would be perfectly fine here in the states but due to some higher ups religious beliefs the game is censored. The Elin wear pants are ungodly ugly and do not match their outfits. It would be one thing if they matched and looked good but this is just down right ugly, EU users have a special gore modifier because ohh dear god fake blood, and certain armors on various character models are edited to censor even more. All at the same time NPCs are wearing such armors with no censorship...what? The thing about all of this is too that the game has pissed off quite a few players with the censorship that you can download a mod and undo it all...or go even further(I'll leave it at that). The mods are so popular that tens of thousands of players have downloaded such mods and installed the various mods before the game even was released. The final thing is the fun factor which is important. It does have some fun, I like the spells, I like the animations, and I like the fighting. However I have a hard time not falling asleep or just down right bored after an hour or two even when playing with friends. I can't tell exactly why, it's just boring. I think a lot of it has to do with just the quests and how boring the dungeons and boss fights are currently. The first time is like WHOA AWESOME boss, huge, cool, etc...second time...yeah, k you died, I don't want to come back here ever again. Same thing happens while running around it just seems boring and most MMOs I play even the not AAA+ titles I still have fun jumping around after several hours. This one it feels more like a boring grind that isn't a grind. Thank someone for that, if this game was a pure grind like L2 used to be there is no way I'd play this for more than 5minutes. So as of right now it's something to pass the time but I think there's better MMOs out there, even free ones that will contain your interests.… Expand
Average User Score: 8.4Aug 26, 2011Amazing game. Just truly amazing and well worth the $40 dollars off Amazon(use key to activate on Steam). I'm about 10 hours in and have yetAmazing game. Just truly amazing and well worth the $40 dollars off Amazon(use key to activate on Steam). I'm about 10 hours in and have yet to reach my first boss fight. To anyone who says this is linear...I would call them drunk. Yes there is an overall storyline to reach but you can do it however you like and reach it however you like. Unlike some linear games like FF13. Now that's linear, this is far from that. On top of which you have these huge side missions that get you into more details about what's going on and you spend even more time figuring out how you want to complete a mission. You can play in a sense of going in guns a blazing or sneaking and silently killing. The amount of content put into this game is far greater than any other single-player in the past 4 years. This is how games should be made. Not 8 hours of gameplay for $60. Supposedly the game takes around 25-40 hours to complete depending on what you all do. Then once you're done you can do it again in another mode and find another ending(I hear there's quite a few). For the people who say the game has bad graphics is drunk. The game is amazing and plays super smooth. The game does sport some DX11 features which I wish I could see but I don't have a card that supports DX11...yet. But I hear it makes the game even more amazing looking. The only problem I have with the game is the slow loading of saves as sometimes it can take 20-30 seconds but I really have no problem with that. The game saves everything you do everywhere. If you clear out an area that area is going to stay clear for the most part unless some special NPC needs to appear there. So no wasted time re-clearing the same areas. Lastly you can spend hours reading all the content put into the game world. It's literally everywhere. Some hidden, some not but it really shows you how much detail they put into the game.
This game is really worth it and I suggest everyone buy this game for sure.… Expand
Average User Score: 3.8Oct 10, 2010As a FF lover this game completely disappoints. Only good thing is a bit on the graphics. List of disappointments:
1. Graphics performanceAs a FF lover this game completely disappoints. Only good thing is a bit on the graphics. List of disappointments:
1. Graphics performance blows, especially on certain high end cards for no reason at all. If I can play Crysis on max settings on 1920x1200 I should be able to play this game on settings higher than all low.
2. No Square Enix communication. It's been over two weeks and there's been only one response to everyone's issues and requests for changes.
3. No real community forums, go find one.
4. Copy & Paste Land, seriously. Gets old real quickly when you have to run for 10 minutes and you see the same land over and over and over again.
5. Terrible means of transportation. The copy and paste just to make a bigger world but force you to basically run blows. You can do instant teleport from one place to another but you only can do it so many times before you run out and the regen is endlessly long.
6. Not allowed to just play a class you want. The game forces you to change jobs or be bored out of your mind if you just want to level one class. Why should I be forced to level a job I don't want to do?
7. So few quests. Very repeatative. After you do your set of quests there are no more to do.
8. No AH and selecting a person and clicking browse is terrible. Not only that but your store can run away from you while you're looking at it lol.
9. Slow loading zones and areas. Turn around and await a few seconds before people appear on your screen.
10. Loading, endless loading areas.
11. Bugs, omg the bugs. I've passed hundreds of bugs/issues with the game, would take me forever to list.
12. Terrible customer service. It's a joke.
13. Slow loading interface, everything takes 2-3 seconds before appearing. What a joy.
14. Cutscenes with no talking but you can see them talking. Uhh okay.
15. No information on how to do something or how something works. I don't care that it isn't just all handed to me but at least show me how to do the simple things while starting up a brand new complex game.
16. No armor/weapon seller besides level 1 gear. 100% community crafting. Now this wouldn't be an issue if there was an AH or something but since so few people want to stand around trying to sell and not only create 1-2 items the options are quite low. You can go through the main market area and see not one item for your job/class so you are forced to craft your own gear.
17. Game gets boring after an hour or two. It just doesn't keep your attention span.
18. Casting and selecting moving NPCs for AOE spells is painful. You click the ground instead of the mob, deselects off the mob now you have to reselect, click the spell again etc etc. By the time you start casting you've lost 25% of your health. So you're basically sitting on auto-attack...which gets boring to slowly hit the "1" key.
There are a million more things that are wrong. I would give it a higher rating than 0 but I can't give a game something higher when the game was clearly released before ready, lazy effort on so many things, and didn't listen at all to the complaints in beta. I did hear they fixed a but this last patch that was found in alpha. Huh.… Expand