Average User Score: 4.5Nov 4, 2014Unlike others, I'll explain why this game is bad.
1) Netcode. It's the same as all previous CoDs, peer-to-peer "servers". HorribleUnlike others, I'll explain why this game is bad.
1) Netcode. It's the same as all previous CoDs, peer-to-peer "servers". Horrible latency causes people to seemingly die in 1 shot, while others get a huge advantage. It's their horrible netcode that tries to balance ping with play. It never works and never will.
2) Same old stuff, new look. Only now we can call it "CoD: Titanfall edition". If you're looking for a skilled team game that takes good aim and situational awareness, this isn't it. People just fly around guns blazing all the time.
3) "Classic" modes, where they take out the exo suit movement, brings it back down a notch to the skilled play area. If this mode catches on, it could make the experience much better.
4) Posistional audio is horrible. On multiple tested headsets, including the Logitech G930 and the Psyko Audio 5.1 real sound sets, there is virtually no rear channels. Good luck hearing anyone behind you.
5) Graphics are ok, but nothing new by any means. I play 4k with 3x GTX 980's in SLI. The game itself runs crisp and smooth but nothing to get excited over.
So there you have it. Pretty much the same problems that plague older releases.....and why Acitivision / whoever makes it this year make no attempts to fix it is beyond my reasoning. Horrible netcode, monkeys flying around everywhere, same ole' same ole'.
And for the love of buddah do not bother trying to snipe. It's like trying to swat a fly buzzing around your skull with a postage stamp.… Expand
Average User Score: 2.0Nov 6, 2013I'm not going to just rant, I'll give a breakdown of why CoD: Ghosts is the absolute worst game of the franchise.
1) Graphics WhileI'm not going to just rant, I'll give a breakdown of why CoD: Ghosts is the absolute worst game of the franchise.
1) Graphics While improved compared to previous installments, the "new engine" used is actually an old one that's been around for quite some time. It's just "new" to CoD. Compared to other recent games, such as BF4, it's nowhere near cutting edge. But that's just the "prettiness" factor, not to mention all the bugs and anomalies. Random jumping and "pausing" occurs even on the highest end machines regardless of video settings. So horrible in fact, the menu screens are sluggish to react and appear jumpy.
2) Field of View(FOV) Currently locked at 65 degrees. What a horse would see with blinders on. Think about that, you can't see players coming at you just 32.5 degrees off to either side of your screen. 90 is considered minimum playable by most gamers, 120 being more realistic and optimal.
3) Sound Just one bar for volume. No ability to adjust SFX, in game CoD caster, nothing. It makes the already questionable positional audio more difficult to hear and every sound just kinda mushes together. Even with the best surround headsets audible cues are difficult to make out, especially footsteps.
4) Poor netcode Ghosts doesn't allow you to see your ping or even bars to see what kind of connection you have. The severe lag and warping around will constantly have your jaw dropping just trying to figure out what happened. Quite often you'll find yourself dead on the ground, seemingly instagibbed, before even a shot is fired. But watch the killcam and you'll see the other player unloading half a clip on you. Unexplainable and inexcusable coding.
5) Weapon balancing and hitboxes It's likely the poor netcode overlapping this issue, but it almost seems like weapon choice and attachments simply doesn't matter as long as you can minimize recoil. Even so, you'll wonder just how you died or "how the did that hit!?" Snipers are the only weapon I've found to be fairly consistent, but the way it's been designed......it caters to the quick scope players. The same players IW and 3arc have stated snipers are not supposed to work that way. It's a common loadout for cheaters and horrible players that even put red dot stickers on their monitors to indicate center aim.
6) Maps The worst designed maps in the history of CoD. Some are far too large for a simple 6v6. Every last one has such a multitude of angles to fire from it's impossible to cover your 6. Choke points are non-existent. Combine that with the low FOV and you'll find that most deaths you'll never see, or hear, coming. There is no equivalent of "Nuketown", no map with the exception of 1 that would make for good sniper play. Pick up a high powered SMG and you're good to go. Assault rifles would be good for many maps as well....assuming you're not the run and gun type and tend to camp more.
7) Cheaters Day one and you already have aimbots, wallhacks, the usual. External link: http://www.geek.com/games/call-of-duty-ghosts-hacked-already-aimbots-and-wall-hacks-implemented-1576060/
There you have it. There are many more smaller issues to contend with but these are the big ones. Overall the worst CoD in franchise history. If you haven't purchased the game yet, don't. If you already have it and are disappointed, return it or file a chargeback with your credit card company to get a refund. This game certainly was not as advertised and Infinity Ward Activision should be ashamed.… Expand
Average User Score: 4.1Nov 13, 2012And downhill we continue to roll. Compared to the first Black Ops, this game is an incredible downgrade when comparing weapon balancing,And downhill we continue to roll. Compared to the first Black Ops, this game is an incredible downgrade when comparing weapon balancing, movement, and overall game-play. Aiming down the sights is virtually dead. Every map, even ones that seem sniper friendly on the surface, all you need is a high fire rate sub-machine gun to mow players down. And unless they are at quite a long distance, aiming is simply not necessary. Players move unrealistically fast compared to previous installments, and even though maps are bigger on average than BO1, the speed and absolutely horrible re-spawn mechanics make the maps feel much smaller and simply more frustrating. Map design itself is horrid and seemingly rushed with no consideration of play mechanics or strategy. With BO1 and earlier CoD games every map seemed to have some advantage to picking the right weapon. That is not the case by far with BO2. As previously mentioned a fast firing sub-machine gun is all you need for every map every time. The games outdated graphics engine is about 5 years old now and very much showing it's age. Virtually "cartoony" at this point. A sure sign that no effort went into this game from a design perspective.
The "dedicated servers", even though known to be owned and controlled by 3arc with no mods allowed, could be considered an outright lie to the consumers. We see the same style game matching as with MW3. The only upside is that ping/latency seems to be a tad bit better. It's very difficult to tell but this could be the result of matches being hosted on "dedicated servers" as opposed to peer-to-peer. It's also difficult to say if that's moving in the right direction.....because as PC games are concerned....true dedicated / player owned servers have always given us the best play experience. That's because we get lower pings, a better social experience where you get to play with and befriend those on your favorite servers, but also the server admins can "police" a server and ban cheaters/hackers that circumvent the shoddy anti-cheat measures Valve and 3arc try to impose. Sadly I must recommend to all skilled players to avoid this game completely....as it takes no skill to actually play. The continued dumbing down caters to a common play-style that young children and pre/young teens enjoy..... which is spray, pray, and call people racist & derogatory terms. That may be present in all on-line games but when traditionally you would have older teens and young adults as the majority skilled player such occurrences, especially on a true dedicated server, were fairly uncommon.
This player had high hopes for BO2. Eagerly awaiting an improvement on BO1 for some fun, balanced, and skilled game-play. Unfortunately what we receive is a dumbed down abomination of MW3.
Between Activision's loss of touch with the gaming community and EA's continued poor quality renditions the market is prime for a new entry into this genre. Someone, please save us.… Expand