Average User Score: 7.6May 15, 2013Hey all. So last weekend was a free weekend for Sanctum 1 because of the release today. I decided to give it a shot, downloaded it.. and absolutely loved it! I've logged about 12 hours in the game since Saturday. I was sold! I pre ordered Sanctum 2.. and even bought Sanctum 1 to support the devs (and to satisfy my new addiction for 1 more day until Sanctum 2).
Now I'm greeted by this... Nothing like Sanctum 1.. the game I fell in love with just a few days ago... the amazing game that was used as false advertising to lure me into paying for Sanctum 2.
Like I said I've only got 12 hours logged so I'm sure there are other fans that can go into better detail.. and I haven't even logged an hour into Sanctum 2 yet because I was so disappointed.. so maybe I missed some things but here's my thoughts on it:
* Having to run back to the core to get resources every round is absolutely unnecessary and unfun.
* Having to RACE the other players in multiplayer to get resources is unfun and creates a terrible social atmosphere.
* Having a separate pool for nodes and turrets discourages mazing and kills the strategy portion of the game
* Having a round-start timer makes me feel pressured, and lessens strategy involved.
* The turret limit is WAYY too low and just kills the tower defence part of this game. Some players like to focus on upgrading a few towers, some players prefer to spam low-medium level towers.. You're limiting play styles and that's never good.
I'm sure there's more but as I said I haven't played much.. too discouraged.. This game is a failure in game design... but brilliant in it's marketing of getting me hooked on the first game and then giving us this sequel.
I hope the developers fix what's needed to make this the amazing sequel that it could be but right now I'll be requesting a refund on the basis that the free weekend was false advertising.… Expand