Average User Score: 4.0Apr 9, 2013This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Holy Jesus Christ. This game is a mockery. I thought the Sims 2 Strangetown hotel was bad but this is low. My dad got me this game (Shows how much he loves me) and since it was the sims I thought "This looks good. Your on an island and you need to get out. cool". How dumb was I. Basically, You customise your sim to begin with. I know the right word is castawy but I dont give a flying And it already ****s up here. You customise everything. Hair-OK, Shirt-OK, Short-OK Shoes-wait...WHY DO I NEED TO PICK THIS. you might as well start with bare feet because you lose your shoes anyway. What a ****ing joke. And how do you get on an island. You fall in a box. Well at least you not as dumb as Lester the Unlikely when he falls asleep on cargo but you equally as dumb. The boat goes through a storm, You fall off get out the box and swim for the island of...name not included. And this is where hell is unleashed. It is confusing and can drain so much of the players sanity. On the island, There are 4 other people stranded. I cant remember all of there stories but to. And I only know this because there are pictures that tell you. The first person you meet, the doctor, is needing medicine. and you need to get ingredients for her. Her story, btw, is that she was on a balloon that it somehow burst and she landed on the island, you needed medicine...Why, you need bandages to fix your broken arms and legs unless that was a strong painkiller that makes you forget that and feel no pain no matter how bad. The second person is a gardner, she was in a tornado and ended up on the island. Shame she didnt end up in Oz that way I wouldn't need to put up with her, "I need bananas, plant it next to my bed and come back every day to water it and then take 5 bananas of it and give them to me. I would do it myself but you came along and now you can do it for me. You also have a chef and a woman who had all of her clothes stolen by monkeys and you have to make new clothes for her. WHY THE It is dumb and being inspired by Castlevania 2 Simons Quest, Day and night transitions are in this game. There not as slow but still pretty bad. A video review will hopefully be made where everything will be killed but that will be a while but do not buy this game. The minigames suck, The story sucks, the graphics suck and the Game is BIGGEST WASTE OF TIME!!! and if you want to know the ending. You find a pirate ship where you and the others sail away on it and then the game ends. and when you are done with the story, Just like what KateG said, you are only 30% done. How do you get 100%? complete the side missions and collect everything. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME! IT IS A ****ING ABOMINATION TO THE DS LIBRARY AND POSSIBLY THE WORST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!… Expand
Average User Score: 6.2Apr 9, 2013This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game to me was...bad. It is aggrevating and is a mockery to a series that is really promising and seems like EA's money pig, that is actually fun. Sorry Sonic. But this game is not good at all. The game starts you off driving into Strangetown when your car breaks down. You are greeted by the mechanic of the town (I think) and he says you can stay at the hotel as he fixes it (which he doesnt). It turns out that the manager has left the hotel no reason that the hotel was a and wasnt making money and you are left in charge after you power up the hotel with plutonium rods which you luckily dont suffer from an radiation poisoning as you have no protectioN. You then relise that a retarded alien is trying to take over strangetown but is easily defeated by...water. Yeah...and then after that, you are a hero and suddenly take to your duties as a manger.
Now this game has a lot of issues that I have to bring up.
1. The story: If you read my Sims 2 PSP review, I have said that the story is pretty dark at some points and it does have that charm that I love so much. This game does not. I didnt care for the story that much because it was not interesting. The first main part where a mafia boss rents the penthouse is possibly the best part but thats it mainly it. Which is worse is to progress, you need to build room which not only costs money but time. Ans if you think, well speed it up, you cant, well not in the game but that leads to my second issue.
2. Time: The time is in real time. The sims franchise should never be in real time. This also becomes rage inducing when you are building a room and you have to wait 8 hours for it to be built. You can put time forward to make it easier but do not turn it back. Sure the room will still be there but then you have to fight the poor excuse for aliens. Which is annoying because if you get too close you will be abducted, possibly anal probed and put back to the managers suit. If you want to do this, make sure all the rooms are built before you tun back time. It is alot easier.
3. Your room: Your room is small...and No wonder the manager left. You can only put a maximum of 15 things in your room and it doesnt even look appealling. Its awful.
4. The guest: They complain, have mood swings and over all, think you are satan. OK, maybe not the last thing but they are annoying. they constantly call saying that a gang is in town which if you dont have the rat cave, your screwed, sumthing has been stolen or want you to do a challenge to findd a treasure chest in the desert which I can never can and they become smug THAT MAKES YOUR LIFE A MISERY. They are also dumb "Help my room is on fire" how, you dont have anything in your room that can cause a fire. Some guests are so depressed, they set there room on fire cause their sick of life. And this is a, what kids game? Thats nice to teah them. Sick of life, burn yourself. Your parents wont mind. It also doesnt help when they get angry and you have a small amount of time to calm them doen before they destroy your Nice. I wont pay you for the damage, I will let you waste your hard earned cash and buy me a new toilet. its overall, ****e
5. The shop: There is barely anything here. There are new things every day and a special piece of furniture every month but it is boring. I just dont like it.
6. Skill points: Do you want to read a mechanical book to gain skill, yes. Does this game have that no. This is the most rage inducing part of the game I hate this gimic. It makes it worse. It also doesnt help that you need 5 mechanical skills to break into the penthouse to get blueprints to destroy the final boss at the end of the game. I spent 6 months on my first playthrough trying to find them, They are hard to find and there is no clear idea on where they will spawn. IT IS AGGRIVATING!!!
Its a shame that there is so much because the gamblng minigames are fun and the last boss is an evil robot who spawns other robots who try and kill you and that is pretty cool. It is a huge shame. If you want it, go ahead but I doubt you will find any enjoyment out of this game. And this is where the games for the DS started to get worse and worse.… Expand
Average User Score: 6.8Apr 9, 2013The sims 2 PSP, I think its safe to say that I was surprised with this handheld port from the series. I think the game did extremely well byThe sims 2 PSP, I think its safe to say that I was surprised with this handheld port from the series. I think the game did extremely well by having the charm to the fans of the series. The story was dark at points which was not done yet in the franchise. Everytime the story progressed, I wanted to see more and more of the game until it was done. I also love the idea that Bella Goth, A character who was in the Sims PC and consoles (Including Busting Out) Sims 2 and now Sims 3 reveals that she only married Mortimer for the money but she does give you his mansion to stay...But this does bring up a plot hole in the story. Where is Motimer, even Cassandra. TBH it doesnt really matter, I didnt really use the house that much anyway. As I owned this game when I was a kid, Think how scared I was when I saw that monster is the third area of the town you unlock. It was harder to relise who this person was because I only went outside during the day, not the night. I havmt re-visited the game in a while but I can say that this game is way more superior to the DS. Not as superior to the PS2/XBox port and definatly not the PC versoin but it is still a game that is worth playing. If you see the game and your curious, pick it up. wont regret it.… Expand