Average User Score: 1.9Nov 6, 2013Well we had the vastly superior Battlefield 4 last week, this wek see's the limping dead horse back for yet another flogging... So whats new?? well the optimist in me was literally begging for COD game to get us back to the PRE-MW & BOPS crap... guess what? I was once again facepalming at how terrible this series is becoming. The Graphics are a very nice, but nothing special by PC standards..Crysis 1 still destroys this graphically. Gameplay mechanics are the same clumsy crap we've seen for about 6-7 years now... level design is better than previous titles but the destructables are pitifully bad compared to the stuff Battlefield has been doing for 4 years now, really annoyed at CRAPtivision once again for getting my hopes up.… Expand
Average User Score: 5.9Nov 6, 2013BF4 on PC right of the bat has one of the best (if short) campaign modes I've played in many years, better even than Bad Company 2's, most certainly better than every COD game of the current crappy console generation. Multiplayer? well server issues aside as per usual at launch, been having an absolute blast with this game, yea it's annoying to have launch bugs and glitches, but at least it's fixable stuff... unlike COD Ghosts, which played today and it's utter junk compared even to old games like Crysis 1. DICE have done a great game once they iron out the battlelog and server problems. 9/10... A MUST HAVE GAME on PC.… Expand
Average User Score: 7.2Jul 17, 2013With so many people going on about how it's the best RPG ever.... I knowing it was a piss poor PC port on release, I ignored the game until today's steam sale, all I can say is this game is a utter pile of the graphics look like a playstation 2 game, the menus are clunky, and while the game handled ok on my gamepad... the mods that fix the graphic just dont work for me. WASTED £4.99 and feel like I was robbed blind by all the bull****ting on here that said it was good.… Expand
Average User Score: 5.6Jun 10, 2013I've been playing Codemaster's racing games since the first TOCA games and each iteration is generally better than the last, where things are starting to get a little unstuck is the push towards DLC and workman-like ports to PC that don't fully use the resources available hardly.
It's not hard to find problems in the newest game GRID2 :-
1. Low end textures, even ultra settings use less than 1gb video ram! that just shouts low end port.
2. Day zero DLC and likely more overpriced DLC down the line... a feature PC shouldn't be charged for as we don't have a used market for our games unlike consoles.
3. Bugs galore such as crashing to desktop, framerate issues, controller lockups etc.
4. No view, although modders have strived to fix that already.
5. Lacking many famous tracks that previous titles all had.
6. Weak dreary soundtrack that quickly gets turned off.
BUT.... here's the thing... even with that taking all that into consideration, it's still one hell of a good online racing game, and here's why.
1. Shedloads of cars to buy and upgrade (notice many whingers say that it doesn't have it must have pirate copies since they all failed to mention that you CAN modify and customise cars in the multiplayer half of the game).
2. Handling of the cars IS arcadey... but so was GRID1, anyone that says GRID1 was a sim racing is talking utter it never was close to being one and still isn't now. Even the older TOCA games were not really sim racing level, have a look at games due later in the year like project CARS or i-racing etc if you want sim racing you utter morons.
3. Having no view is annoying maybe but who really gave a crap using it anyway? looked good on replays but even on sim racing games I play, I find having virtual wheels in front of my real wheel looks stupid, not to mention the field of view is always set for some short arse hobbit, I'm quite tall and in a real car I don't see the bloody wheel in front of my nose EVER!
4. There are plenty of racing modes to offset the lack of tracks, many are new to the series.
5. Want stock cars? go play Dirt Showdown.
Overall I'm giving this a solid 80% because the game is great online, pirates moaning about lacking single player probably missing the point entirely... thats a training mode for multiplayer.… Expand
Average User Score: 6.6May 31, 2013Wasn't quite sure what to expect from a shooter based MMO, most of the stuff the game does is pretty good... the controls are sharp, the gunplay is very well done, weapon modding etc is reasonable, driving vehicles around is also mostly done well, the game plays like a mix of LOST PLANET with BORDERLANDS... and for me that's a good mix. My biggest concern is how much of the old MMO fetch quests remain in this game... despite a large amount of random quests, it doesn't quite hit Guild Wars 2's grade of fluid, but the combat is certain damn fun and would stand up as well as a single player title. I'd give them more time to get more content into the game, but they been busy fixing most of the bugs so it's forgivable.… Expand
Average User Score: 8.1Dec 19, 2012XCOM is basically a flawed classic, it needed to be made to reboot one of the best game series in the strategy hall of fame, but they have messed up in some areas, none of which spoilt the game for me. I bought my first PC as a teenager when the original UFO Enemy Unknown came out, it was that good... now about 15 years or so later the remake is out and it's pretty faithful while trimming down some aspects. The game is a lot faster paced than the original, whih is a good thing, but they took some of the freedom out of the game in doing so.... it was nice to fully customise loadouts in the original game, that is now pretty much gone and a very basic system replaces it...I don't really miss the action point system as the new mode it generally better. The biggest issues with the game are more to do with game balancing which can often be stupidly unfair and unrealstic, it seems a 90+% hit chance more often than not will statistically fail more than it succeeds, so feels like you get cheated by the game quite a lot..... Other main issues are to do with terrain problems with rendering, but most of that was fixed in the last patch.… Expand
Average User Score: 8.6Dec 19, 2012While it lacks Diablo 3's looks with it's cartoon dayglow colours and simpler art style, it certainly makes up for it in every other way, the game is faster paced, feels more sturdy and sticks largely to the original diablo methods for skill trees and prgression. Loot side of things is right up there with Borderlands series.... theres simply tonnes of stuff, and thankfully without a god aweful action house you have to actualy earn everything.
A perfect companion game to Diablo 3, different enough to feel different doing the same thing.… Expand
Average User Score: 7.0Dec 19, 2012Free to play alone sells this game, but add to it high production values, massive maps, huge player counts, one of the most complex perk upgrade systems in any game i've seen, good graphics... the only real weak spot of the game is floaty controls but other than that, it's a must have for any PC gamer.… Expand
Average User Score: 5.7Dec 19, 2012It could have been fantastic, it has some really good ideas but they did not include dedicated servers until well after a month after release, by which time the game became a ghost town. Thankfully it has had a massive price drop recently and with sales it may regain momentum as it deserves to do well. The game has some decent maps and good ideas... controls are a little bit floaty but generally nothing worse than other games in the price range.… Expand