Average User Score: 7.6Aug 14, 2013I loved the game back in the day on NES and I can still play 8bit version perfectly. This one has partially broken controls pogo isn't as responsive as it used to be. I won't even start on cinematic they are good for the first time nice novelty but after a while they are really tiring. I hate making this game "go there, grab something go elsewhere" back on NES when I wanted to skip through the levels I just did now it is unnecessary monotonous item fetching.… Expand
Average User Score: 8.1Oct 15, 2012For today standards this game is very neat. Of course, PC version is bugged as hell - but I've managed to get through the game even with the glitches (2 interceptors stuck screen, ufo roof, bad controls for walking inside ufo, impossible targeting with rocket launcher/grenades, over 100 saves etc.).
Old version is still better for me. The new one lacks:
- equipment managing (picking up, leaving behind etc)
- free shooting (clearing walls for sniper etc)
- action points instead of two movements
- UFOPEDIA! - the Archive provided in Lab is a JOKE! There should be UFOPEDIA with nice drawings
- realism - have You seen lock on Sniper rifle? Is this a cartoon or action strategy?
- UFO ranks: medic, navigator etc.
- random missions
- random number generator
- more things to research
- more base management
- chance to sell produced items
After playing it on normal. I want to launch my old laptop and run a whole night of old xcom on DOS. I paid 40… Expand