|By date||Most helpful reviews||By my score||By metascore||By user score|
Average User Score: 7.6Nov 7, 2016This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It was enjoyable, pro's:
- I loved the atmosphere in the game, the natural people v.s. augs in a world where the augs get discriminated constantly.
- Graphics where fine.
- Story way too short. When i look back at Human Revolution, this story including all its side-missions is at max 20% of how big HR was.
- It would have been nice to see some old key characters in the game, like Megan Reed, Pritchard, but none of that.
- The playfield is way too small, especially compared to HR. There's a metro/subway system that you can use to roam through the city, but the city itself is so small that the metro/subway system is completely useless, you can walk from point A to point B within 10 seconds.
- Apart from better graphics, no real innovations have been made compared to HR. Altough I had the ability to try the new 'experimental' augs, i never really bought them as Praxis are rare to find and i had the feeling they where quite useless.
In general, my biggest disappointment is the story and with that, it's length.… Expand
Average User Score: 7.7Nov 30, 2013When i played this game the first 15 minutes my morale almost hit rock bottom as the game gave me the idea it is simply 'just anotherWhen i played this game the first 15 minutes my morale almost hit rock bottom as the game gave me the idea it is simply 'just another assassins creed', but after playing 30 minutes i noticed that was far away from the truth.
Yes, in general this is 'another' Assassins Creed but the pirating stuff in this game is so massive that you sometimes have the feeling the game doesn't feel like a 'true' Assassins Creed game at all. This game is for 80% all about pirating which makes you simply forget all the Assassins stuff. Even the Abstergo intermezzo's are minimal and that says enough...
The way Ubi set up the massive sea, the beautifull Carribean islands and scenery, the great sea battles, the huge amount of upgades to both Edward and his ship is just very well done, no doubt about it.
This whole pirating adds loads of new stuff to the game and when looking back at the history of Assassins Creed, that is just what this game needs. Altough i don't like the fact they are overusing some old stuff from previous versions, this whole new pirating system makes me simply forget all of it.
Another big plus is that this game is well balanced. As i said before, you need upgrades but the amount of resources it takes (money, wood, metal, etc) forces you to battle, hunt, kill, explore, fight and enter ships alot, causing loads of gameplay. I have been playing this game for loads of hours this past 1,5 week. My ship is still not fully upgraded and i'm still at 50% progression.
I remember i threw away my AC3: Revelations CD as the game was simply rubbish but Black Flag is simply awsome. I love it and Ubi, well done.… Expand
Average User Score: 8.2Dec 26, 2012Completely awesome.
I played the original version years ago and loved it. I was sceptical because this was a remake and in my opinionCompletely awesome.
I played the original version years ago and loved it. I was sceptical because this was a remake and in my opinion remakes usually suck. I however did bought the game because of its high score here on metacritic and after playing a lot of hours i have to admit: it's awesome. I only have played this game for like 10 hours and everytime i start thinking the game goes into a loop (by repeating all the fights/attacks) something new arrives. I also love the contols, they are way better compared to 10 years ago.
The graphics are good, the music is excellent.
Have played 10 hours, will play way more hours and hope to be suprised a lot of more times :)… Expand