Average User Score: 7.9Aug 28, 2012Guild Wars 2 is the next stage in MMO evolution -- bigger than the jump from EverQuest to World of Warcraft.
Some points to consider: -Guild Wars 2 is the next stage in MMO evolution -- bigger than the jump from EverQuest to World of Warcraft.
Some points to consider:
- Free to Play + Cash Store means spend money on what you want, when you want, if you want. Not pay to win.
- Personal stories based on your decisions when making your character and branches during the story quest itself mean every character you make has slightly different lore progression.
- No more immersion crushing yellow punctuation hovering over people's heads. (yes!)
- Everyone gets EXP for hitting your mob. It encourages interactivity.
- Everyone can resurrect everyone else. Down? Anyone can come by and help you up.
- Every class can heal and fight ranged. Brilliant -- no more "tanks" healers" and "DPS" Every profession (class) is a bit of everything, but in its own particular way.
- EXP for crafting. Tons of it. Pacifist? You can level to 80 by crafting -- no joke.
- Dye your armor whenever you want. Collect from the hundreds of possible dye colors and create a unique look.
There's plenty more -- read the official sight -- but, to sum up, if you're like I was, playing every AAA MMO title released hoping for the next big thing and continually being disappointed, you'll breathe a sigh of relief that, finally, a post-WoW MMO lived up to its pre-release hype.… Expand