Average User Score: 6.8Nov 18, 2013I bought this game because it looked as it had a nice calm atmosphere. Its an easy-to-get-in-to point and clicker game in a medieval fantasy setting which you will play through in a day or two. Took me 6 hours to complete, and i was achievement hunting so dont expect a long story and the replay value of the game is close to zero as its going to be exactly the same. And you cant really fail in this game, its very much story driven by a somewhat unintresting story. I had a few nice hours with it though.… Expand
Average User Score: 7.6Sep 22, 2013The strange thing about me is that i love platformers even though im aboslutely terrible at them. Most of them i just uninstall after a few hours but this is one of those few i stick with, mainly because i love the style and gameplay; I love it enough to keep trying even if i've suffered more deaths than any player in this game will manage to accomplish, even if they are deliberately trying to beat my record.
* The game is hard, it took me (remeber that im terrible) 4hours to complete the first world which consists of two stages, which are about the lenght as an avarege super mario level.
* The graphic is oldschool but very pretty
* The music fits perfectly
* The controls are quite easy to learn and responsive, but remeber that the hero is a viking and not a ninja. If you ever played Castlevania on Nes, its pretty much the same. So you cant just rush and mash buttons to complete the levels.… Expand
Average User Score: 7.3Sep 19, 2013A game i often return to whenever i only have a few minutes to spare. Its fairly simplistic but charming; but its not charming enough to make you want to pay 9,99Euros for it. The price tag is somewhat ridiculous so buy it at a sale. But apart from the price its well worth spending some spare time with for the puzzly player.… Expand
Average User Score: 7.8Jun 28, 2013A castlevania-ish platformer with an interesting twist.
You dont play a single character, you play a branch in your family tree. You will begin with an almost useless character and quickly find out that evil castles can be deadly. But hopefully you got the chance to gather some gold for your dear descendants, because they will continue the quest.
And thats basically the game. You gather gold, upgrade your family castle in order to improve your fighters and crafting items, die, die again, die some more, gather gold and die.
The game itself feels fresh, interesting and is initially very addictive, but it actually gets old pretty quickly. The lack of story that makes it me wonder why im still entering evil castles generation after generation.… Expand
Average User Score: 8.7May 7, 2013Im not sure what to think of this game, when i bought it on release i liked it even if it had some frustrating elements. Such as:
* The map designs are awful and you occasionally get stuck wandering about trying to find your way only to realize that you were suppose to go in a direction that doesnt make any sense at all (appearently i wasnt suppose to walk out on the lenghty bridge that looks like its leading on the right direction, instead you have to jump out of a window in a dark corner).
* Enemy snipers are ridiculously accurate and fast on the trigger even on normal difficulty.
* Scripted ambushes, get used to them.
* Hitting enemies with laser pistols and rifles can be a tedious business. Trying to hit constantly strafing foes with laser lights that travel at the speed of small rodents gets old pretty quickly. Instead I just run in a straight line towards them holding down the fire button. Doesnt sound like an intresting gun fight at all now does it.
* Grenade throwers, they are everywhere. Strangely enough often in tiny rooms.
* Did i hit with my light saber or not? Maybe, who knows. The light saber fights are often just a shiny mess.
So there are alot of frustrating issues with the game, but for some reason i keep getting back to it. I turn it off with a sigh but i still start it a few hours again later. So there is obviously some appeal in it, i dont know what it is though =P.… Expand
Average User Score: 7.9Feb 27, 2013The game is beautiful to look at and creates a nice atmosphere. Its easy to learn and get started and with four base classes with 3 different specializations each there are a lot of different ways to customize your 6-man team.
At this point there are some issues though. A lot of the matches are incredibly slow due to server issues; most of the time playing is spent waiting on lag.… Expand