Average User Score: 6.9Apr 26, 2013I've been playing coop with a few friends; we've all played dozens if not hundreds of hours of Killing Floor. We can take and leave aspectsI've been playing coop with a few friends; we've all played dozens if not hundreds of hours of Killing Floor. We can take and leave aspects from both games, but we've agreed the sum of all parts is about equally between the two games. I saw how badly this game scored on here and thought I'd chime in:
- Always-on mic: Mute the other players. I know they should have added an option, but that's a simple solution.
- Crashing: It's crashed probably once every 2 hours.
- Somewhat weird level structure. Some maps have bosses; some don't.
- Only 5 maps to choose from.
- The tests of faith are often humorous and keep things fresh.
- If you're one of the people complaining about difficulty, buck the it. It's painfully easy on bronze difficulty. Oaths are nice because you get to earn additional XP and gold for handicapping your character for a map. This effectively allows two players has have a range of difficulty while playing coop with each other.
- Graphics, animations and AI movement are much more polished than the main competitor, Killing Floor.
- Value. 'Nuff said.
- "Poor" amount of enemy variety nothing worse that 90% of shooters.
- Leveling up takes much less time than it does in Killing Floor.
This game deserved better. When I saw it was under "The War Z" in Steam's Top Sellers list, I was awe-struck. If you look at the history of several users giving negative reviews, you can see that they often expect too much from AAA and B games like.
7.5/10 (Adjusted for turds like Gene and Drlron)… Expand