Average User Score: 6.2Jun 10, 2013Squandered potential is the best way to describe this game. From what I understand, this game is a mildly successful browser game that they tried to turn into a real game. The problem lies in the devs/publisher not knowing what people want and expect from a game, so they gave us this, and have been genuinely surprised when people were not too happy with it.
The problems are legion, and I don't have the space to list them all, but some of the worst.Their F2P game is only the PvP part of the game, so I will rate it on that, although you do get to play the first couple of levels of the single player campaign for free.
- The PvP has no lobby for matches, you are randomly assigned an opponent with no regard to level. My first match I was pitted against a Level 27 team. He tried to make it fair by sending one man vs my squad, but it was no match.
- The maps are tiny and poorly designed and few. I have only seen 2 maps and I but I hear there are 3 total. As for size, with my 3 man squad vs a full 4 person squad it feels like a gun fight in the middle of Mumbai.
- Pay 2 Win. after 3 days, I still only have enough money to field a 3 person squad, with average weapons and armor. PvP matches allow for a 4 v 4 battle, and the random matching system doesn't care if the numbers are uneven.
- You can't see behind walls or trees or anything that is on the screen, and there is no camera rotation. You and your opponent do have a red outline around them if they are covered, so you can aim at them, but be ready for frustration as you try to figure out whether are actively taking cover behind something, or just kneeling on a patch of dirt as your opponent t fills you with bullets. I also turned the graphic setting to low, just so there would be less on the screen to block my view.
- Very long wait times for matches to be found. I feels like the only reason I have to fight an opponent 3 times my level is because they are the only other person on the game with these long wait times. Sadly you can see all the other people in the chat so you know this is not so.
There are many more problems, but there is no point listing them all. As a PvP game alone I would give this a 0 score, it has nothing fun about it. The single player campaign is different. While not without the same problems as the PvP, it was fun enough, and you can see the potential this game had. I would have given the single player campaign a 5. That just wasn't good enough to justify the $30 they want for it. There just too many better games to be had at that price.
The developers tell me they are working to fix these problems, and I think if they do it could be worth my time and money, and I am willing to try this again in a month. But for now just stay away.… Expand