Average User Score: 6.7Feb 21, 2015I enjoy this game, I haven't finished it yet, so cannot say whether or not it is too short, and so far the story holds up well. Graphics areI enjoy this game, I haven't finished it yet, so cannot say whether or not it is too short, and so far the story holds up well. Graphics are great, the pacing is very good (could use more action and less cutscenes I guess), the whole soundscape is very good especially the voice acting and synchronization. - I enjoy the shooting, but I don't play too many shooters so maybe I am not burned out on this type, but so far it is good, not inventive, not innovative, but it works well, enemy AI could be improved, same with friendly AI, but I don't mind too much.
This is a very cinematic experience, so if you dislike these I don't think this game will be for you. I, however, do like cinematic experiences, especially those where there are no progression, no unlockables, no achievements popping up, you just sit down and play your game, i >>LOVE… Expand
Average User Score: 8.4Feb 14, 2015Bravely default is a gem. I have finally come around and warmed to JRPG's and this is one of the better ones out now (modern releases). If youBravely default is a gem. I have finally come around and warmed to JRPG's and this is one of the better ones out now (modern releases). If you like JRPG's aswell this one should be in your gaming catalogue. ATM. I can't wait for the second one, go buy this one asap.… Expand
Average User Score: 9.1Feb 14, 2015Just about the perfect turn based strategy game? - Yes.
- I love the graphics, beautiful sprites and backgrounds, and the cutscenes areJust about the perfect turn based strategy game? - Yes.
- I love the graphics, beautiful sprites and backgrounds, and the cutscenes are amazing.
- The soundscape is great aswell, good voice acting and awesome music.
- The story is very good, I guess you can find better, but it works very well.
Go buy the game yesterday, it is that good.… Expand
Average User Score: 6.5Dec 28, 2013This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. While it might be the best Basketball game out atm, it is still lacking in some departments.
- Player control, atm I am playing the mycareer, and I can get so extremely frustrated when my player moves opposite to my controls, or doesn't respond. I have lost plays to backcourt violations a couple of times due to my player spassing out and moving back, when my sticker was clearly pointed forwards.
- AI. While in general it is pretty good, it can get very frustrating. Say I am defending the ball, if I get screened then usually the defender who is covering the player screening me would take my man. In this game? No no, they won't change mark, and if the one your defending against happen to score from the screen, you also get negative points from that (goes into your overall score and affects your VC earnings which are essentially experience points to develop your player)
- Animations, this ties in to player control aswell, sometimes the animations ends up doing something completely unexpected, or they glitch or etc. can become very annoying.
- Loading times, I am playing the downloaded version, and even so (it cannot load from disc and hdd) the loading times are atrocious. This, more than anything, can get me riled up if I sit down to player for an hour or two.
- Cutscenes galore... WOW! Ok... I understand that the game is trying to simulate the real world, where, at least in america, there are commercials, and reports, and live journalism, and whatnots... But please, let me skip all of that if I do not WANT it. Sprint halftime report presented by spring is quickly becoming my least favorite title of anything, ever. Also, sometimes you get to skip, but it is extremely slow. Like the introduction to the game will move ahead for 30sec before you get to skip it, and some small cutscenes will not let you cut through at all. This is for MyCareer, since that is what I play mostly, cannot say for the other parts yet.
- Story... I mean, fine, try it, see if you can make it work... But this one is atrocious, and silly. You will hear the same exact sentences over, and over and over again. I guess it is Bob the windowman's birthday several times a year, and BBQ's with the GM happens every week too =)
Now it might sound like I really hate the game, but I don't, the game is good enough, fun enough to have me coming back for more... But it would be so much better if the above points were fixed.… Expand
Average User Score: 8.6Dec 28, 2013This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have played it for about 6-8hours, something like that, and I must say, this is one great RPG. I have a few issues with it though: The respawning of enemies will end up sending you into a lot of fights you would rather not have, especially in the beginning, and it can be quite tedious, they should either remove the respawn or lengthen it considerably, for my taste. The abilities you use in the world, outside combat, are all cool and I like the ideas behind the spells and abilities, but, at this point, it feels like they are too coincidental (oh this dude needs some enthusiasm, oh look there is someone right next to the person with alot of it), and that kind of diminish the feel of it a bit.
Also the Gateway spell seems weird, in the beginning it is stated that it needs a lot of space to be cast, but after the first time you can pretty much cast it anywhere you want (haven't cast it anywhere yet where I was told it wouldn't work).
Could do with some more voice acting, the ticking sound of the letters being typed in accordance with the characters mimicking the words is annoying, would be preferrable if it all was voice acted. The voice acting when it is there, is excellent.
The graphics are good technically, it is definitely not an ugly gem, but the true pleasure comes from the games aesthetics. If you miss the old hand drawn cartoons and would like to play a game that look hand drawn, this is it. I for one find this very charming, and very different.
I hear that it is very long, and I dont think im even 10% through it yet, so you will definitely get your moneys worth of entertainment. Story wise it seems, so far, to be a pearl, so that will keep you entertained throughout.… Expand
Average User Score: 8.1Dec 23, 2013I tried, twice so far, to get into Heavy Rain, and it just didn't click with me. However, Beyond: Two Souls, was, imo, a fantastic ride. WhileI tried, twice so far, to get into Heavy Rain, and it just didn't click with me. However, Beyond: Two Souls, was, imo, a fantastic ride. While the story did, at some points, go a bit too far out, even for me, I still enjoyed it immensely, and ontop of that the mocap, voice acting, lip sync, graphics, aesthetics, soundscape was all amazing. With regards to the story I would have liked it to be more coherent, but I guess it fits the story as broken and chaotic as it is, also that does give a break in the combat/action sequences. All in all this was a great game, or maybe rather experience, I cannot wait for the next quantic dream title for that hopefully is being made for PS4. This year saw me buy both a PS3 and a PS4 (previously exclusively PC gamer), definitely not regretting going with sony here, keep 'em comin'.… Expand
Average User Score: 6.8Dec 23, 2013Great game, I truly enjoyed it alot, and it is a pretty good showcase for what the PS4 can do (at this point). There are a few things, whichGreat game, I truly enjoyed it alot, and it is a pretty good showcase for what the PS4 can do (at this point). There are a few things, which drag down the mark I guess, and those are mostly to do with odd deaths. Some, I guess, were due to bugs, others were design choices, but they could be quite frustrating. Other than that, I enjoyed the story, the pacing, the graphics, the sounds (the music is really good imo) and the setting. Definitely worth a buy. This review is only for the SP, haven't tried the MP, I really suck at shooters with a controller in hand haha.… Expand
Average User Score: 8.2Sep 23, 2013This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am at about 60% through the game, or game completion. No clue what that translates into storywise. I have been completing side missions and story missions pretty much evenly paced. Let me just say this, I love this game, it is one of the best, ever.
But, there ARE some issues with it: First off, the graphics. They could be better, not on the PS3 or X360, then again my personal opinion is it should have been released for next gen, not current. The graphics are nice, don't get me wrong, but in this game the limitations of the hardware being used is the most apparent, ever.
Second off: The map is huge, Ill give it that, but it I had been led to believe that there was more to be done. I don't know what I feel is missing, but something is missing, there are loads of side quests, I agree, but after one, two or three they all drop to a single common denominator, and it becomes just a thing to do. Entirely skippable, which I guess side missions would be, but I desired a bit more oomph.
Third off: Controls; now for the most part the controls work, and work really well. But sometimes, and by sometimes it feels often since it is ALWAYS at the worst possible time it could happen, they up. Your character will spasm or do something you did NOT tell him to do, and then your dead. Not that dying really matters, 5grand and your good to go again, you'll even keep your weapons, but lose your car.
Fourth: Cars don't get properly saved, so I have wasted a good 100k bucks on fitting and refitting cars, just to have them disappear, apparently rockstar is on the bug and will have a fix for it soon.
Might seem overly critical, but in essence, these are minor things, at least for me, still felt they were worth mentioning. If you, like me, find that these things are minor, then get the game now. GTA V scores heavily on story, audio (VA included), gameplay (by and large, most control mechanics work really well, except for on foot and the ****ing choppers), size and scope, and also the idea of three protagonists. I have not at all regretted this purchase, and most others won't either. I will most likely get the game for PC aswell, when it comes out.… Expand
Average User Score: 8.6Sep 12, 2013It is a long time since a played a shooter this tight, this beautiful, this deep, this engaging, this immersive and this atmospheric. If youIt is a long time since a played a shooter this tight, this beautiful, this deep, this engaging, this immersive and this atmospheric. If you like playing games get it now, if you like shooters get it yesterday.… Expand
Average User Score: 9.1Sep 12, 2013One of the best games of all time, definitely in Top 10 at least. I bought my PS3 for this game (and with the added bonus of other great gamesOne of the best games of all time, definitely in Top 10 at least. I bought my PS3 for this game (and with the added bonus of other great games of course).… Expand