Average User Score: 7.3Nov 14, 2013This game has some issues, certainly, but overall this was a fun experience.
1) Terrible camera and lack of lock-on. Most of the timeThis game has some issues, certainly, but overall this was a fun experience.
1) Terrible camera and lack of lock-on. Most of the time you will simply be fighting from the side as seen on camera, which creates problems with dodging.
2) While unique and interesting visuals generally will be in pros, how they handled black in this game is quite bad. There are a lot of areas that are dark. Now if they would be simply dark, that would be fine. But they are drawn as dark blue and sometimes this takes half, if not more, of the screen of dark blue. You don't see any shapes inside it as well.
1) Music. Fits very, very well. Some compositions are worthy of listening outside the game.
2) Story. Now, it is for the most part unclear. You do have lots of questions "why?" and "What happened before the game started?". Think about Nier, though not as bad. However, if you just stop caring to answer every little question, you will enjoy the story. You get enough information about the main issues, you understand the motives and even some of the main mechanics of this world. It is more than enough to enjoy.
3) Visual style. Besides black-dark blue areas, colors in this game are mixed in a very interesting way, cell shading looks quite good. Overall, it is simply curios, you don't see such visuals every day, so might as well enjoy it.
Kind of pro: Battles. While this is not as satisfying as many others hack-n-slash because you are not given that much freedom and creativity in combat, the mechanics are solid. Dodges seems to have no invulnerability frames, which makes you aware of the flow of the combat. About half of the game fighting with regular monsters makes you yawn, because they are weak and are killed simply by whacking at them, with occasional dodge. After that, you get extremely aggresive and tough enemies that often require different approach (or at least are best killed by different approaches), prioritizing targets, and common staff like that from hack-n-slashes. At this point, the combat is interesting. Not the best, but solid and fun. Boss battles are ok, you mostly have seen all their mechanics before. They look good though.
Overall, worthy experience.… Expand
Average User Score: 6.6Apr 5, 2013A really fun game for one or two walkthroughs with a friend. Story is really nothing to write about, somewhat like any generic hollywoodA really fun game for one or two walkthroughs with a friend. Story is really nothing to write about, somewhat like any generic hollywood blockbuster movie about good guys shooting tons of bad guys. It's a shame, as if the story was anything like Spec Ops: The Line, this game would really be great. The sounds are somewhat lacking, you don't really feel most of the guns kicking, anything else about sound is nothing really to write about as well. Graphics are quite decent, not as enjoable as Uncharted 3 could pull off on ps3, but well... It's on par with most of multi platform games coming out. The real fun beings with gameplay. Lots of the surroundings is destructible, the enemies can be ripped apart, in overkill mode you have infinite health, infinite bullets, and enemies disappear in red clouds with occasional limbs flying out. It is indeed fun game for two players, especially considering there aren't that many coop games coming out.… Expand