|By date||Most helpful reviews||By my score||By metascore||By user score|
Average User Score: 6.2Mar 12, 2014Definitely a great game, with some flaws that'll hopefully be patched out later. Movement is phenominal and my favorite part of the game.Definitely a great game, with some flaws that'll hopefully be patched out later. Movement is phenominal and my favorite part of the game. The Titans are cool and new, but I would prefer they had more utility other than being just another way to shoot at each other (note: was hoping Exteel but more shooter based). I initially had a problem with the "smart pistol" in the beginning, but after playing for a while I came to the conclusion that it's only really unbalanced during Attrition.
There are a few problems that keep it from a 9/10. For one, I hate the level up mechanics. You shouldn't be limited on your equipment just because your new (see Counter-strike for how it should be done). Now player skills are a different matter, but you should have all the guns you need immediately. There's also the AI. The titan AI is actually great, but the minions are so incredibly dull. I stood in front of one for minutes while it shot at me and missed constantly.
I'm gonna do one more section: negative points other people give it.
1. 6 v 6 is fine. You'll meet enemies more than enough to be satisfied. Stop complaining.
2. Graphics seem very hardware dependant, people complain about bad textures but mine look great.
3. Frame Rate is a little rough here and there, but those fixes will be incoming.
4. I'm fine with no Singleplayer if a game is built around Multiplayer correctly (which this is)
5. Recoil would be a negative thing in this game. There's too much vertical movement to include a weapons recoil. That said, EVERY gun is recoil-less so it doesn't actually unbalance anything. Just get used to it.… Expand
Average User Score: 7.3Oct 30, 2013Don't believe the low critic score, it's a much better game than it's being given credit for. It's tough, challenging, a little different andDon't believe the low critic score, it's a much better game than it's being given credit for. It's tough, challenging, a little different and definitely doesn't hold your hand after a couple hours of play. It's mostly because of this that the professionals give it low scores. This is simply a Sonic game that puts more effort into the platforming than the balls-out speed. Not perfect, but it's definitely at least an 8.
So definitely don't believe what you read, it's a (finally) great Sonic game. Music is fantastic, art is amazing, story is actually decent for a change, controls are very tight, and the game play is fun and challenging (also finally). I personally hope that it does well just to spite some of the reviewers that seem to be intentionally sucking at the game to make it look terrible (check out gamespots video "review". Ridiculous.).… Expand