Average User Score: 6.0Oct 19, 2011Ok, lets see....
The bad stuff : - Lap top issues (got fixed within days by Ubisoft) - Only 5 factions, Cant say its slightlyOk, lets see....
The bad stuff :
- Lap top issues (got fixed within days by Ubisoft)
- Only 5 factions, Cant say its slightly disappointing that there are only 5 but Ubisoft did a good job on creating a different experience for each one of the five....
- Town screens, the biggest let down of the game, Ubisoft promised they will be changed within one of the patches
- Map editor, people claim it is user friendly, not going to lie, I indeed havent spent more than 20 minutes on it, but the reason is because it didnt look that friendly to me....
- Poor choice of creatures, as many have complained, it does look like they went a bit too far in order to make the game different than the previous versions, we all loved some of the mythical creatures and its a shame they were omitted, hopefully some of them will reappear in the expansions...
- Somewhat lack of creativity with monsters as there are quite a few that look way too similar.
- Bugs within the game, we got used to it in every new game but it still bugs us, Ubisoft is providing fast patches though which is a good thing.
The good stuff :
- Diversity between factions, each faction allows you to dig in while searching for the best suitable strategy, one must actually learn the skills and how to use them.
- Graphics, when compared to the previous versions it is obviously improved and I am happy to see that monsters dont look cartoonish anymore.
- Music is pretty damn good.
- AI, seems to be improved as opposed to the previous ones, the game is indeed harder hence more enjoyable
- End turn, As opposed to heroes 5 you no longer have the time to watch a movie while waiting for the AI to finish its move, huge relief for me personally.
- New skill system, gives complete control over the hero wou wish to build
- Tears/blood interesting addition, adds to the depth of the game
- Boss fights, always good to have those
- Objectives within combat (prevent your enemy from killing all of your goblins), nice touch.
- Story, from what I have seen thus far even though it might seem a bit cliched it is a nice story after all.
- Replayability, thus far seems good.
- Achievements kept in your profile online, nice feat, you get to build your own profile and stash there your heroes and many other nice things I rather not spoil.
All in all, the game is a true gem for any strategy lover out there, it introduces new stuff while also keeping some of the old stuff which made Heroes series what it really is. If you are a fan of the serie, it's a must have, if you are newer to the game jump right into it and give it a try, if you dont like it then you wont like it but in case you do, you will be addicted for life.
The game offers best of both worlds, you can either enjoy campaigns (5 of them, aprox 60-100 hours of gameplay depending on the difficulty and your skills of course), single maps or play with your friends at home (hotseats) or online.
Is it better than heroes 3 ? Not thus far, but after all the expansions, patches and mods, sky is the limit, one thing is sure, it is already better than heroes 5 and quite enjoyable, I suggest you give it a try and be the judge yourselves....… Expand