|By date||Most helpful reviews||By my score||By metascore||By user score|
Average User Score: 6.4Feb 2, 2012As a long time gamer, QA and Warhammer fan. I must defend this game.
While not going overboard the game is damn good and it punishes you buyAs a long time gamer, QA and Warhammer fan. I must defend this game.
While not going overboard the game is damn good and it punishes you buy killing your players, so if your the kind a guy that tries to make something work flawlessly don't play it. It's true, your players will die, stumble and drop the ball ruining your perfect plan and will occasionally lose a limb or two or die a gruesome death at the hands of something way bigger or a spell.
Also quick note: I hate the real time, this is a boardgame... Real time sucks in and doesn't work at all. For me at least.
But defending all the irrelevant points made up till now, I'll just quote some of the horrible and unfair reviews here and respond for you people as to reveal facts. The choice is still yours:
1) "My team could not hold on to the goddamn ball to save their life. In fact, none of my abilities seem to work at all for my team, but freaking ALWAYS for my opponents."
My take: This game's tutorial is out right bad (this is a really bad point), why it lost 2 points in my book. But this is a boardgame. You need to read the manual, you need to understand what affects your players, when, why and how. If your going to try to pass a ball while your hugged by an enemy player, throw it long distance, to a team mate how is not heavy on "Agility" and is also next to a opposing player and you have another player attempting to intercept your pass... SPOILER: It's gonna FAIL!... Read the rules, understand the game. WIN!
2) "I feel like it has such potential, but I get stomped every game. My players drop the ball, get clobbered by the other team, and get completely rolled by the other team. Whereas my players don't do anything, the other teams abilities seem to ALWAYS work."
My take: See 1, and also I have to go through how many times, I just happen to fail a dodge and drop the ball, only for my opponent next turn just failing at picking the ball up and letting me go for the counter tocuh-down. Or how they're "ogre class" player just fails to move because of the "really dumb trait" and basically costs them the mid-field fight. It equally happens to you and the enemy.
3) "Nonsense results of dices, bad and repetitive IA, awful camera controls, confused menus, very bad random dices, lot of bugs."
My take: In the same order. Whats nonsense about it ?!. maybe...but he also states as the previous that you cannot win if your life depended on it. I just can't see it or why you would want to move the camera around. pretty straight forward unless your playing on another language you don't know. Oooooh, I see nonsense = random...well who would've expected ...dices that are random...I'm sorry but I can't keep a straight face at that.
4) "This developer, Cyanide Studios, are the ones also responsible for taking the incredible George RR Martin Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones universe and making a poorly done strategy game out of it"
My take: I don't see the words: "blood","bowl" or "warhammer" there. I'm sorry, personal vendettas are not welcomed here.
Well those where my 2 cents. A good game, definitely if you get it on sale. I won't bother with the last of the list since. This game has not crashed once, you can only get a limited amount of players because of BALANCE issues, so you can't spam a team of "ogre class" players, because it is a remake of the boardgame to the letter.… Expand
Average User Score: 7.9Jan 19, 2012My Girlfriend bought me this game as a present after a fight...and boy did this make me feel bad, because this is one of the most awesomeMy Girlfriend bought me this game as a present after a fight...and boy did this make me feel bad, because this is one of the most awesome games I played in a while. I'll try to shoot down any doubts right now and say "BUY THIS" for the price tag of 6 euros, this is the platformer you will play for a long while, especially if you liked meat boy.
So I've been tracking this game for a while and I was unsure of buying it...well...because I suck at jumping around. But I immediately felt like a broom wielding ninja. I can't abstain from this but I'll have to go head to head with Andromeda's review on this one, so here goes (be gentle my first review, that's how much I felt the need to defend this game):
- The controls are anything else, but "not responsive". Everything you do seems in your hands to control.
- The game also includes time trials and style challenge which both rank for score on the leader boards.
- Replays can be saved and also if your confused, you can watch the highest rated player on the leader board's replay to see how he solves the level and try to mimic it, if the game is to hard on you.
- A map editor on the way, which will guarantee lots o content.
- King of the hill and Survival modes for local multiplayer. How awesome is that ?!
I came from work after a long stressful day at work, a fight with the girl friend and I can't remove myself from this game. I will immediately buy flowers tomorrow and I recommend this to any fan of this genre.… Expand