Average User Score: 7.8Apr 7, 2013Got this game right when it came out... was a big fan of Castle Crashers (the last game they made). The gameplay is pretty fun,Got this game right when it came out... was a big fan of Castle Crashers (the last game they made). The gameplay is pretty fun, platforming-style, but it feels good, but not great. I feel that it just doesn't have that spark that Castle Crashers and Alien Hominid had. Multiplayer was pretty vacant when I played, but I imagine that will change if more people buy the game. The heads to collect and trade is a cool idea, but a lot of people play with the same head, making it easy to lose your character. The graphics style and cut-scenes are awesome and hilarious! The menu and UI just feels kinda unfinished and it can be frustrating to find what you are looking for. No controller options, limited other options (no brightness, safe screen, sensitivity, etc.). Also, this game took forever to come out, and they kept releasing screens and videos, but I have a feeling they were taking their sweet time to build up a following. Probably not worth a 3+ year wait... but a fun game nonetheless!… Expand
Average User Score: 7.0Jan 11, 2013I have played every single Halo game, including Halo: AE and Halo Wars, so I have a good spectrum of the Halo universe and the good and badI have played every single Halo game, including Halo: AE and Halo Wars, so I have a good spectrum of the Halo universe and the good and bad Halo games.
1) Beautiful graphics and sound. This game just looks good! Lush jungles, cool Forerunner areas, etc.
2) Matchmaking system is great as always... easy to find a game and stay with a group.
3) Multiplayer is good fun. Good maps, and an old favorite. Vehicles all perform well. Most weapons feel good to shoot.
4) Loadout system adds something new to match your playstyle, but doesn't make the game unbalanced.
5) Campaign was solid, new enemies are always welcome after the Covenant was done for multiple games.
1) Spartan Ops is pretty shallow and offers little to the game or story.
2) Campaign was short and the plot was all over the place. IE - Who is this guy, who is that guy and why are they important?
3) Ordinance drops don;t really work with Halo. I would rather have good weapons on the map that respawn quicker. Many ordinance drops make you choose between 3 equally bad weapons or bonuses. Feels too COD.
4) 343 Studios went overboard on the weapons. I don't need 3 long range weapons, 3 medium and 3 short range weapons. Just a bit too much.
5) Armor is unlocked through finishing challenges which forces you to use crummy weapons etc if you want the armor. The credit system from Halo: Reach was great and one of the better ideas from that game.
A pretty good, almost great game with a few issues. Halo 4 doesn't need to copy COD... everyone has had their fill of that anyway. Also, the campaign was fun, but pretty forgettable. Beyond that though, this game has a robust MP that will make most fans and newcomers happy.… Expand
Average User Score: 4.8Jan 11, 2013To begin, I have played all the COD games since COD4. I have broken down my review into PROS and CONS to show what works and what doesn't.To begin, I have played all the COD games since COD4. I have broken down my review into PROS and CONS to show what works and what doesn't.
1) Campaign is pretty good and has a cool mix of missions from the 1980's and the near future. 2) Graphics improved over BLOPS 1.
3) Great sound - guns sound louder and more powerful.
4) Redone Nuketown for multiplayer and zombies!
5) Create-a-class system lets you really customize your class to your liking.
1) Multiplayer maps are pretty limited and none really stand out.
2) Zombies just feel unfinished - it is 1 big map with multiple locations, but none of the locations are memorable. New characters are annoying and boring.
3) Still haven't fixed Zombie matchmaking, hard to find a good group in a timely manner.
4) No guns feel all that great. Almost all the guns play almost the same way and the unique weapons from BLOPS 1 were nerfed, meaning there is no reason to use them.
5) Scorestreak system means well, but the exciting scorestreaks are fairly unobtainable unless you are an amazing player or get one in a care package.
As much as I loved BLOPS 1, and how excited I was for this game, I found myself pretty disappointing with how BLOPS 2 turned out. Zombies was a big selling point to me, but it just feels lackluster. MP is the same as ever, but there is no excitement to it like in BLOPS 1. I find myself being more frustrated with this game and even though it works well, I would trade it in if I hadn't bought the season pass.… Expand
Average User Score: 7.8Jan 11, 2013When this game works it is very fun. Here are 5 PROS and CONS to this game after putting in many hours and trying various Guardians.
PROS:When this game works it is very fun. Here are 5 PROS and CONS to this game after putting in many hours and trying various Guardians.
1) Quick games. Games rarely last longer than 20-30 minutes.
2) Good variety of Guardians from the LoTR universe with unique abilities.
3) A MOBA that works well with a controller!
4) Loadout system lets you customize your play-style easily.
5) Pretty good balance. No one character feels exceedingly too powerful.
CONS: 1) Lag, forced disconnects, and quitters make the game very difficult and not fun for most games I have played.
2) Bots do not replace humans players who are disconnected or who quit, making a basically lost game for the team with less players.
3) Limited community due to poor matchmaking and connectivity issues.
4) Game + season pass far too expensive for the content and (lack of) developer support provided).
5) Have called and checked the developer forums and customer service is non-existent.
A game that could be a hidden gem if not plagued by horrible connectivity issues that are driving all but the most die-hard players away. Developer should be ashamed by their lack of support and patches. This game has major issues - STAY AWAY unless a LoTR or MOBA fan!… Expand
Average User Score: 8.2Jan 11, 2013Let me preface by saying I have played both BL1 and BL2 extensively and played through all available DLC as well. My review will consist ofLet me preface by saying I have played both BL1 and BL2 extensively and played through all available DLC as well. My review will consist of 10 positives and 10 negatives aspects of the game to establish what works and what doesn't.
1) Graphics are much improved over BL1. Also very little texture popping or rendering issues.
2) Environments are more varied and colorful.
3) Good plot with storytelling elements that really add to the game.
4) UI is much improved and easier to manage inventory and compare items on the fly.
5) Creative enemies and bosses with back-stories.
6) Good variety of characters to choose from, each with very different playstyles.
7) DLC thus far has been fairly solid.
8) Plenty of side-missions, easter eggs, collectibles, etc to keep players busy.
9) Addition of bank and secret stash system is very useful.
10) Generally more refined gameplay experience.
1) No health packs - really punishes players who play aggressively.
2) Gun upgrade system replacde by bad-ass tokens which are inferior.
3) Loot drops are EXTREMELY low for rare items.
4) Solo players are punished for playing solo. 5) New Second Wind system is not fun and repeated Second Winds mean almost instant death.
6) Gun and other loot feel lackluster.
7) Level scaling doesn't always make sense. Enemies 5 levels lower can sometimes wreck you.
8) "Invincible" bosses are frustrating and drop bad loot.
9) Game is too gun-centric. You will have a very hard time in the upper levels without the rarest guns.
10) Gearbox is patching things that made the game fun, and not fixing major problems like lost characters saves and lost bad-ass ranks.
So all in all, as an avid player of both games, I would argue that well the game is pretty and the story good, they removed quite a few of the elements from BL1 that made the experience so enjoyable in the first place. I am not saying make the game easier, but the removal of the gun skills from BL1 was a big disappointment to me. I want my character to be a bad-ass that can be stealthy or destroy hordes of enemies. I don't want to be hiding and trying not to die every time I encounter a group of enemies. If I want the game to be hard, let me decide that. I hope maybe some of these things would be taken into consideration for future DLC or the inevitable BL3!… Expand