Average User Score: 8.1Nov 1, 2013If I was forced to only play one game for the rest of my life then Skyrim would be it.
Alright, here's what's great - The landscape isIf I was forced to only play one game for the rest of my life then Skyrim would be it.
Alright, here's what's great
- The landscape is absolutely breathtaking and very accurately reflects the real-world Scandinavian environments from which it was taken..
- The storylines are well-written and engaging,
- The armor and weapons are sufficiently Norse and generally avoid the silly 'fantasy' look (way oversized weapons and backwards-curving spikes etc) that make so many other fantasy games look absurd.
- A combat system that allows you to go weapon-shield, 2-hander, double weapon, spell-weapon, or double spell.
- Character design that avoids warrior, wizard, thief class-system altogether and lets you customize exactly how you want.
- Playable werewolves! There are vampires also if you are a Twilight fan although to be honest, vamps feel completely out of place in a Norse setting and should all be destroyed.
- DLC's and player mods that keep things interesting for YEARS of gameplay.
Here's what sucks
- Typical Bethesda bugginess. Most of this has been fixed by now and there are always work-arounds for the PC but sometimes you will still run into something that is aggravating.
- Combat is WAY too easy at high levels even on hard setting. Do yourself a favor and get a player mod that makes high-level enemies tough again.
That's it really. This is the best fantasy adventure game ever made.
- DLC's and player mods insure that the game goes on and is repayable many times.… Expand
Average User Score: 9.1Nov 1, 2013Wow! Just wow!
Naughty Dog actually found a very interesting and unique way of reinventing the zombie apocalypse. The story is one ofWow! Just wow!
Naughty Dog actually found a very interesting and unique way of reinventing the zombie apocalypse. The story is one of those that takes ahold of you with mutated claws and never lets go. The voice acting is superb, the graphics are just amazing and the motivations for everything you do is logical and immersive.
There are very few games that I would ever give a perfect 10 rating to but this is absolutely one of the best. Some critics have found it shocking and edgy to rip on this game because it is sooo popular but you would be wise to simply ignore them for the attention-seekers they are.
This game is EXACTLY what the game industry needs more of although I do wish that it had been available for more than just the PlayStation.… Expand
Average User Score: 8.5Oct 31, 2013Since this came out a mere year after Left4Dead 1, it angered a lot of the players of the first game, me included.
I did not want 4 newSince this came out a mere year after Left4Dead 1, it angered a lot of the players of the first game, me included.
I did not want 4 new characters, especially ones as uninteresting as these, I didn't want to plop down another $40 for a sequel when the first was still relatively new and I didn't want it set during the daytime.
However, if you are able to set all that aside and just look at the game play, it IS still pretty fun.
Here's what's great:
- Melee weapons! This should have been in the original and really fill things out.
- Scripted campaigns. Very foolishly cut from the original game.
- Ability to restart a particular map without restarting the whole campaign. This alleviates much of the problem of griefers.
- Uncommon infected. A nice touch that makes each map feel more unique.
- Mutations. Great way to mix things up
- Player mods. Some of the player-made maps are even better than the ones in the game.
Here's what sucks
- High-tech military weapons. This greatly detracts from the mood that these are just 4 random people fighting with whatever was lying around at the time.
- Jockeys! Are you friggin kidding me? Stupid looking model, stupid special power, stupidly hard to kill.
- AI. WOW did the AI get dumber! In the first game the bots would at least respond when you got attacked, now they just stand there looking at you half the time.
So is it worth buying? Well from at 2013 perspective after all the player mods and other stuff that has been added I would say YES, although the way this was handled is definitely a black mark on Valve.
I also hate, hate, hate the jockys! They are silly, their special ability is even sillier and they are silly-hard to kill. It felt like these things were crammed-in just to expand the inventory when … Expand
Average User Score: 8.6Oct 31, 2013WOW is this a much-needed boost for Civ 5 which was not terrible but also not very engaging either. Tourism, World Congress, new ways to useWOW is this a much-needed boost for Civ 5 which was not terrible but also not very engaging either. Tourism, World Congress, new ways to use spies, some use for city-states and archaeologists really transform a mediocre game into a fun one.
If you gave up on Civ 5 then this will turn it around for you. If you have not bought Civ 5 then buy this with it or you will regret it later!… Expand
Average User Score: 5.3Oct 31, 2013Absolutely the WORST game I have ever had the misfortune to play! This was billed as a "mystery" and had rave reviews from the critics so IAbsolutely the WORST game I have ever had the misfortune to play! This was billed as a "mystery" and had rave reviews from the critics so I plopped down the $20 and was regretting it an hour later.
The game is so badly designed that it is literally possible to finish it in 45 seconds and all it entails is walking around listening to tedious teenage drama and THAT'S IT! No murder to solve, no ghosts to lay to rest no secrets to uncover, just a sappy love story that we are somehow supposed to take seriously.
Since lesbians are involved it seems that the professional critics are jumping all over themselves to give it a perfect score notice how NONE of them gave it a bad review while MOST user reviews were negative! That right there should tell you something!
If your idea of fun is to listen to a teenage lesbian croon about her badly written 90210-style romance (something the game ironically makes fun of) for an hour then this is the game for you! If however you want an actual mystery game and like your writing to be on a level beyond age 13 then avoid this money trap at all costs!… Expand