Average User Score: 8.7Jul 29, 2013Bought it off steam summer sale. I had heard some good things about the game and wanted to check it out. It wasn't what I expected to beBought it off steam summer sale. I had heard some good things about the game and wanted to check it out. It wasn't what I expected to be honest. The game is very short and using a guide would totally ruin it. I cleared the game with all the puzzle pieces in 2-3 hours. I'll keep it short and list all the things I liked and didn't like.
+ The art in the game was nice apart from the monsters.
+ I liked the little background story.
- Rewinding time ruined the music. Luckily you can keep SFX sounds, turn the music down and put your own background music so this in itself didn't ruin the game for me. I still would've liked to listen to the original soundtrack without getting annoyed.
- Puzzles were too easy in my opinion. I had about as hard time putting the 4x3 puzzles together as I had getting the pieces for them, apart from a very few levels.
- Bosses were there simply to waste your time. Not providing any challenge or content to the game at all.
Overall I'd say that there's a lot to improve. I did enjoy it a bit while it lasted so I'd like to see more games like this. I hope they'd last a bit longer though.… Expand
Average User Score: 5.3Jul 22, 2013I played this game a long time ago but just decided to come back and reflect. I thought the gameplay was good. But the best thing about thisI played this game a long time ago but just decided to come back and reflect. I thought the gameplay was good. But the best thing about this game was the atmosphere. It felt crushing at all times. I felt that there was no time and all would be lost, so I had to try something. I could really get into the mood of this game and I thought the ending reflected ME3's atmosphere as a whole perfectly. I think this game has had one of the best storylines in a game yet. The most important thing to me was the music combined with the few glimpses of light and hope spending time with those close to the protagonist. This game shows to me how creating a coherent structure for atmosphere can make for a unique, amazing and touching experience. I understand that this came at a cost of some features, but I still loved it. I also felt the game series had matured to beyond the black and white. I understand that the younger audience might find this annoying. I loved it. Finding an answer to all the questions after all that, would've been the definition of anticlimax. I find myself listening to "Leaving Earth" from time to time and it can take me through my journey at any time.… Expand
Average User Score: 7.3Jul 20, 2013If you want a casual game that has a very simple to grasp but a bit harder to master concept, then I would recommend Reus. Different gameIf you want a casual game that has a very simple to grasp but a bit harder to master concept, then I would recommend Reus. Different game modes provide you with hours of fun. Era mode, which was my favorite, provides you with set goals to progress your game within certain time limit. That's what I liked about this game. You're given certain overall goals with certain limits and aspects to the game. It's up to you to achieve those goals which makes it a fun challenge to complete while watching your favorite tv series.… Expand
Average User Score: 8.4Jul 20, 2013My friend liked this game and I decided to check it out. It reminded me a lot of those java games where you have to fill an order in a cafe orMy friend liked this game and I decided to check it out. It reminded me a lot of those java games where you have to fill an order in a cafe or a burger place. In fact I've played better java games with similar settings. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. This game has no depth. On the other hand if you want a really simple game with absolutely nothing more to offer to you than what you're given at minute 1, then be my guest.… Expand
Average User Score: 8.6Jul 20, 2013This game had excellent visuals and one of the best narrations ever. It was a shame that it took me 2 hours to finish the story and the gameThis game had excellent visuals and one of the best narrations ever. It was a shame that it took me 2 hours to finish the story and the game wasn't very challenging. I completed some of the challenges but after the story was done, so was the game. I bought it for 2 euros on steam summer sale so I'm pretty content with what I got for that price. 10+ is a pretty steep price for such a short game though. I would still recommend buying it from summer sale.… Expand
Average User Score: 7.9Jul 20, 2013I liked this game and played it pretty much to "completion" (I've all the steam achievements and I played it to legacy +7 or +8. At thisI liked this game and played it pretty much to "completion" (I've all the steam achievements and I played it to legacy +7 or +8. At this point the game becomes very broken but most of it I enjoyed before that. The bosses are a bit easy in face they're easier than the normal monsters after completing the game for the first time. Nevertheless I had fun with the game and enjoyed jumping and killing and the different variations of the game.
+ I really liked the RPG aspects of this game. Upgrading your castle to upgrade your character and to do so in other ways as well was what kept me going for 20h+, which for me was money's worth for this game.
+ I liked the music, background and the nice events the dungeon had to offer. In addition the character traits were a fun addition.
+ Changing the class was fun way to play the game in different ways and there were even class-specific challenges for rewards throughout the castle.
+ This game didn't need a story and neither did it really have one. It was fun to play.
- I felt that the scaling of your character is really bad since monsters do scale with levels. Your character doesn't and you'll pretty much get 1-2 shotted at the point of game where I am by some of the monsters. Also most classes become useless later on taking some of the fun away.
- The animation of the sword (arc of the slash and length of the sword) don't match the actual hitbox of the sword which I found frustrating at times.
- In my taste it should have had more zones, bosses and events.… Expand
Average User Score: 8.5Jun 30, 2013When I was browsing through steam looking for a budget game to play on my spare time, I came up with Terraria. I was hooked in by the trailer.When I was browsing through steam looking for a budget game to play on my spare time, I came up with Terraria. I was hooked in by the trailer. It showed me a mix of platform shooter/minecraft type of game. As a kid I loved to play platform shooters in the arcades. I must say that my first experience with Terraria was positive and the game really sucked me in and I even lost some sleep because of it. I was sure that it would be a great experience, I was right and wrong at the same time.
+ The game is highly entertaining for as long as it lasts.
+ A perfect mix of farming materials, shooting, slashing and killing bosses
+ It has a vast variety of objects to craft
+ If the 1.2 patch will be free for PC it's a great addition to the game.
- This one is a HUGE minus. The game's monster killing part for me was very short. It took my around 40 hours to be prancing around in full Hallowed armor. I didn't feel like I was rushing through it either. After killing the same bosses again in few minutes I was done with Terraria. The boss encounters didn't provide me with a challenge that I wanted in the first place. I didn't build any arenas or make the encounters easier, simply put the bosses were too easy in my opinion.
- I felt that the balance between melee and ranged weapons was bad. There's no point in using melee weapons because ranged weapons/magic will get the job done much more easily than the melee weapons do.
- Building in 2-D wasn't very appealing to me and discovering new caves or creating new worlds didn't add much to the game.
- Playing an already easy game in multiplayer will just break it, since afaik the boss HP does not scale with the amount of players facing the boss. I realize this would be hard to program since servers can support so many players but still I feel it would be necessary to make killing the bosses even remotely challenging.
I think the game was well worth the money I spent on it. I mean 40 hours of fun for 10 is something very special these days, compared to the 50€ you spend on brand new games, which can't buy you more than 12-20 hours of fun. However, I would call it a casual game for younger/inexperienced audiences. If you're looking for a game that challenges you (and your friends), look elsewhere.… Expand