|By date||Most helpful reviews||By my score||By metascore||By user score|
Average User Score: 4.2Sep 6, 2013The AI is still not able to attack or defend a Town properly, even on 'Legendary'.
- AI pathfinding is still up.
- The optimization isThe AI is still not able to attack or defend a Town properly, even on 'Legendary'.
- AI pathfinding is still up.
- The optimization is horrible, it looks worse than Shogun2 but the framerate is unacceptable, even on high end rigs that play BF3/Metro 2033/Crysis3/ArmA3 on ultra with mostly over 60 frames.
- Day 1 DLC. That is always a negative thing.
- Texture bug, selecting "Extreme" settings does nothing although I have 3GB Vram and yes, I enabled "unlimited Vram" in the settings. Doesn't do ****
- Round endings/CPU calculations for the AI factions: >2.5min in the mid/late game, this is a problem from Empire TW and hasn't been fixed since then (Empire, Napoleon, Shogun2, FotS). It only gets worse because they increased the factions.
- No SLI/CFX support.
- Day 1 patch, releasing unfinished software.
(-) possible DLCs in the feature.
- UI is just a massive joke. Is this ment to be played with a Gamepad?! Shogun 2 was good. Don't change what ain't broken CA.
-Unit cards look as if they hired cavemen to draw them. They look terrible and they are useless if want to know how each unit looks like.
- Battles take less than 5 minutes, enemys rout after less than a minute after they started fighting.
- For some reason the Roman Legions turn into massive blobs upon contact although that's what made the Roman army special and superior unlike the barbarian factions.
-They removed alot of features such as lose or tight formations, hold ground etc
- Random flag in a ground battle as defender. Who had this brilliant idea?! Imagine You are outnumbered 3:1..what would you do? Go on a Hill and defend it? Oh you can't because there is a ****ing flag randomly spawning, mostly on open ground that changes this great tactical franchise into a capture the flag blob war with no strategy what so ****ing ever.
- Testudo formation is broken, you take less casulties charging towards the enemy.
- The campaign AI is just ridiculous, I'm 130 turns in and not a single time someone declared war on me and I don't even bothered building fortifications on my borders. This game is called Total War. Also the trade AI will refuse to accept win-win offers.
- alot of people who pre-ordered this on amazon don't got their free DLC code. SEGA says it's the retailers fault, they say SEGA never gave them codes.
- MP is completly broken, desync errors everywhere. We already had this error in Empire.. but it was rare..
- COOP campaign is unplayable, for some unknown reason the AI turns take almost 3 times longer than in the SP.
- the free transport ships from the Campaign map are OP compared to expansive Navy ships from your harbour. Just head-on ram them with your transporter and they break!
- Naval combat in general is unbalanced and bugged.
As a "true" fan of Rome 1 with over 1500h playtime I am more than disappointed. This is a step backwards from Shogun 2 and even worse than Empire TWs release.
Sadly I joined the hype and waisted 55€ (~80 USD).… Expand