|By date||Most helpful reviews||By my score||By metascore||By user score|
Average User Score: 5.8May 17, 2012My favourite gaming franchise, I loved Mass Effects 1-3 so much, that I have 5 characters and have completed minimum of 4 playthroughs throughMy favourite gaming franchise, I loved Mass Effects 1-3 so much, that I have 5 characters and have completed minimum of 4 playthroughs through ME1 & 2. Mass Effect 3 is an AWESOME game, no doubt about it. It's setting the standard for story based games and RPGs, now and for the future. Although I didn't mind the ending, I found it cool actually, it could of been WAY more awesome, by including prior decisions into the outcome of the ending and leaves things out.
Pros: - Hooks you in with all elements (Even if your new to the series)
- Great refined gameplay! (This game is pretty much Gears of War except more sci-fi and with RPG gameplay and story shaping)
- Shape the story to how you want (This includes a lot of prior decisions made, unlike most games your previous saves matter!)
- Great sense of characterisation for who you play as! (You really feel as if you are Shepard)
- New players forced for a few elements of the game to occur (Which they have no choice over as they don't have a previous save file for the game to recognise) (Such as Wrex's death)
- Crew development was a lot better in Mass Effect 2 (Its less about other people and more about Shepard)
- Ending is confusing (Many people would agree, but it doesn't ruin the ending, just leaves blanks for you to imagine to fill in)
- The game doesn't take into account EVERYTHING you've done in previous games, and areas are left unturned, and the ending doesn't take into account prior choices. All in all, an incredible experience that has changed the world of gaming forever and succeeds highly, but could of strived for complete perfection. Hence the 9 instead of perfect 10.… Expand
Average User Score: 7.2Nov 24, 2011Don't misjudge this game. I must admit at first when I played it I ruled it out and just thought it was a piece of crap. Then I started toDon't misjudge this game. I must admit at first when I played it I ruled it out and just thought it was a piece of crap. Then I started to play more and more and the story was interesting because it was my story. I've finished this game about 5 times but have had nearly 8 characters attempt the game. There are so many different options/choices/decisions to makes throughout the game. Lots of great RPG elements woven into the gameplay and leveling system. Also the dialogue. Only problem is it only gives you a short amount of time to make a decision in dialogue, which doesn't give me enough time to think about possible outcomes of my decision to my character and his relationships.
I really wish for a sequel of this game, as it's rpg elements are unseen in pretty much every game. Hoping Mass Effect 3 might take influence from this.
Although I have bad news, SEGA announced a while ago their not making an 'Alpha Protocol 2' as it did not sell very well.… Expand
Average User Score: 8.9Nov 14, 2011This is the pinnacle of Action-RPG gaming. Simple enough to allow new players and not punish them, whilst giving hardcore fans and deep andThis is the pinnacle of Action-RPG gaming. Simple enough to allow new players and not punish them, whilst giving hardcore fans and deep and meaningful experience. Including the gameplay and the enriching story. New players can just press the X button to skip conversations, automatically picking the neutral option, having less of an effect on the characters Paragon/Renegade points without them knowing or choosing. The gameplay and graphics are a dramatic improvement from the first game, as it runs on an updated Unreal engine. Overall a great gaming experience, for hardcore or casual players.… Expand