|By date||Most helpful reviews||By my score||By metascore||By user score|
Average User Score: 5.6May 4, 2015I don't understand why it is so hard to reproduce a great game like Panzer General 2. PG2 is considered a classic and a benchmark for gamesI don't understand why it is so hard to reproduce a great game like Panzer General 2. PG2 is considered a classic and a benchmark for games like Order of Battle: Pacific. But every time a developer wants to create something similar they screw it up. Order of Battle: Pacific is no exception. Here is why you will want to avoid this wanna be.
* Planes are very hard to see against the terrain.
* A lot of units look the same. No difference between fighters and tactical bombers for instance.
* Too easy to make a mistake in moving troops. Have an infantry unit selected but change your mind and want to move your bomber. So you select your bomber...too bad you just moved your infantry to your bombers location.
* The maps are painted with muted pastel colors all washed together. No offense but a High School student could make a better looking map.
* Recon units can only see one hex away??? What's the point in having them?
* Magically appearing AI. Fly a plane over to a city and nothing is there. Send in an infantry unit and POOF enemy infantry appear out of nowhere.
* Numerous typos. Doesn't anyone proof read anymore? Doesn't anyone care?
PG2 came out in 1997. 18 years ago!!!! And looks and plays better than Order of Battle: Pacific. Argh....
Just another cash grab from a developer who is willing to settle for mediocrity.… Expand
Average User Score: 5.4Apr 27, 2015Meh...there are better out there. The UI is not very user-friendly. The combat is bland with ships rotating around each other. It justMeh...there are better out there. The UI is not very user-friendly. The combat is bland with ships rotating around each other. It just seems like not a lot of effort was put into the game play. The game "looks" ok but just isn't very fun.… Expand
Average User Score: 7.7May 22, 2013Outstanding! If you like the mod for Civ 4 called Fall from Heaven 2 then you should like this. It was developed by the same guy and nowOutstanding! If you like the mod for Civ 4 called Fall from Heaven 2 then you should like this. It was developed by the same guy and now backed by a reputable company in Stardock. This is Civ 4 set in a fantasy realm and done very well.
The graphics might look a little cartoony but who cares. So did Borderlands, X-Com, and Torchlight. I'll take a point off for diplomacy as it could use a little love but not a biggie. The game is stable and runs smooth. And above all else...it's a finished product. (are you listening StarDrive?)
Honestly, I have no idea what game the reviewer from Thunderbolt played. "Building an army is a complex endeavor?" What? I want to build a Spearman...click. Done. Ok, now I want to build Spearmen riding a horse...click, click. Done. Did the reviewer think that Civ 4 or 5 was complex?
Folks, if you like 4x games then this is a good addition to your library.… Expand