Average User Score: 8.9Jul 29, 2014This is the RPG that I've been waiting for. It takes me back to the good old day of Baldur's gate and Neverwinter. I just love this game. It forces you to read and understand the books and quests you find. No more endlessly clicking past every line to blast through the content. You do that and you will become lost and have no clue what is going on.
An outstanding part of this game is the interaction with the environment. You can make it rain and electrocute enemies who are standing in a puddle. Or teleport an enemy into lava.
The most important part about this game is that it rewards exploration. To all those game developers who think it's fun to run from quest marker to quest marker, take a good look at this game. This is how it should be. You only have an idea where you need to go. The rest you have to discover yourself. And when you do, it's freaking awesome. That's what exploration is about, set out into the unknown and be in awe of what you find along the way. Good or bad.… Expand
Average User Score: 6.9May 18, 2014Once you get used to the combat system, this game is a solid 7, an 8 if you get into it. I would recommend to start out at the least difficult setting to get into it, because combat can be very frustrating if you don't know what you are doing. Last boss is a troll boss, be prepared to do a 180 in how you have handled fights up till then.
- Gender choice, big thumbs up.
- This games is not a very long game I did 2 full runs (good/evil) and I'm at 27 hours (short), I did find it very fun though. Second time I just blasted passed enemies.
- Voice acting is on par with other games (not that great), but I didn't mind it much.
- Crafting is as it should be, it's solid.
- The companions aren't useless, they are your tanks and healers. They make those 4 against 1 fights manageable.
- This could have easily been a very larger and longer game, but it was worth the $40,- At least for me. Nice game, good rpg's are few and far between these days and this is one of them. I'm thinking of doing a third run. Mostly for story reasons.… Expand
Average User Score: 5.8Apr 1, 2013This game is just terrible. It plays really bad, crashes, ftp drops, out of memory errors on a system with 3GB of dedicated video RAM. Missing walls. How can you even enjoy it with all the clunky combat. I didn't know "very frustrating" was a good thing as mentioned below. Seriously, I love the original, I loved what they did with 4 and like 5. But this? number 6? What where they thinking, it doesn't even flow right, every 2 min you have to do a QTE event. I would not recommend this game. And if you can get a refund get it. But more than a waste of money, it's just a waste of time.… Expand