Average User Score: 8.1Nov 9, 2013Another surprise for me this year. After Gunslinger reinventing wild west shooters, now this game introduces the best melee combat in a shooter.
You will not regret playing this game, and you can easily clock in 20hours. Lots of funny moments, comments, good graphics but not heavy on your machine, good music, and very very very satisfying gameplay.… Expand
Average User Score: 4.0Nov 8, 2013A perfect example on how NOT to treat your customers...
Releasing unfinished game that looks worse than previous instalment but boasts the opposite? Ridiculous approach.
Very poor optimization...the campaign map...waiting for other factions movement takes up 90% of your time...we did not pay to sit around waiting to play...
Multiplayer desync problems.
Avoid...unless you are very patient and loaded...… Expand
Average User Score: 8.2Nov 3, 2013We all have games we look forward to playing...like i have waited to play Torchlight 2 for example, but what makes for a nice gaming moment is when you discover that little game you never heard of and it turns out to be an actual gem.
That was the case for me with Gunslinger, it was released in may 2013 but i only recently learnt of its existence, luckily the devs knew they have a great product so they were not afraid to release a demo on steam, i checked the game, was immediately in love with it, bought it next day.
Whatever opinion i might have of the previous instalments of the CoJ series, this one is the best for me.
Great graphics, similar to other great games like Borderlands for example, make the game stand out.
Gameplay is also unique, every shoot out looks like you are duel, like and arcade game at your local mall, the word shooting gallery comes to mind...but that's great, weapons handle and feel great, good skill trees add a bit of variety and are actually useful, there is a decent variety of enemies and the game doesn't get boring that easy.
While you play there is a great deal of narration going on, the plot is done in an amazing way, the main hero is sitting in a bar and he is telling the story of his life, often forgetting or changing some thing which in turn make the player reverse back in time or give him a chance to do something other way.
Voice acting is done well, very well, same for sounds and music in game.
The game is fairly priced and given that you can access a demo you are being treated like a respected customer.
The only drawback i would say is that game is not that long but it has a decent replay value thanks to skill trees and game modes including New Game+.
I can recommend this game to fans of wild west and anyone else alike as this is a good shooter that will make you enjoy yourself and forget about all those hate wars about which game is better etc., this is pure fun.… Expand
Average User Score: 9.1Nov 22, 2012I can only confirm what JorgeOlsson wrote in his review.
This is a very good game, with interesting story, lots of campaign missions, offline and multiplayer scenarios to play.
It's been long since I last played it, but since its on sale at Steam, this is a must buy for anyone who enjoys turn based strategy games.… Expand
Average User Score: 9.2Oct 20, 2012One of the best strategy games ever, the cartoony style is made with sense and is a plus.
Game offers a good chalange, conquering the whole map is satisfying ^^
Interesting model of building your cities, you basically decide what buildings you put in, this way you can focus on economy or military aspect of a given city. Kingdom Advantages system is also a great idea, ecourages expansion.… Expand
Average User Score: 8.6Sep 21, 2012This is how sequels should be made, bigger, better, more fun to play, pay attention actizzard...
The game is improved in EVER aspect that needed improving and beyond.
The biggest and best things I have managed to spot so far:
- no always on drm (see actizzard? it CAN be done)
- LAN play!
- multiplayer available
- no rubberbanding, lag etc.!
- no stuttering, performance issues etc. (learn from this actizzard)
- nice looking graphics, improved from previous, a player gets a clear picture of the battlefield, i know what im attacking, no mess or confusion even in the midst of battle, unlike d3 where at certain point you would lose yourself,
- pets! means no need to teleport back to the city to sell junk/get pots etc., unlike d3
- 4 distinct, fun to play characters,
- talents and stat point that YOU CAN distribute as you please, unlike in d3 where they take you for an idiot, thus you end up with a ton of cool, personal builds and approaches
- true RANDOM maps, unlike in d3 where its just a PR BS
- tons of loot that is actually usefull and an improvement, unlike d3 where they force you to buy from rmah
- great music, very good sounds
- excellent gameplay, fun to kill mobs, get loot, develop your character, quite fast leveling up make you enjoy they playthrouh
- you can set the difficulty level from the beginning unlike d3 where i had to go through extremely easy normal, nightmare, hell to get to somewhere with challange only to go against OP mobs with ridiculous skills
- cool mobs to fight, nice boss fights, oh and the game is actually challanging unlike d3...
- no pony level for emo children
- loot customization, gems, enchants, unidentified gear vendor etc.
- short load times
- everything work smooth, no glitches, well polished product
- runic games delivers what was promised!
- replay value!
- low cost (20$ or even less) !!!
- free soundtrack !
- devs that listen to people
- complex yet easily accessible game
- noob friendly
- hardcore mode that you can play offline, no more lag fails!!!
- true Diablo 2 successor in the spiritual sense
- 6 players online support
- 3 skill trees for each character that 12 reason to go through the game at least !
- Mod support ! which will make the game more lasting, - so much more i have missed...
To sum up, its an amazing game, absolute 10/10, the negative comments are from stupid people who fail at installing a game, setting up a normal working PC, or simply suffer from hardware compatibility issues which runic games cannot be responsible for.
INSTANT BUY for any arpg, h&s game fan :)… Expand
Average User Score: 8.1Sep 20, 2012Borderlands 1 was a blast, although i only enjoyed Mordecai (weak active skill) and Lilith (super OP active skill), now that Borderlands 2 is out I have to sadly say i am disappointed, sure graphics are a bit bettter, but there are no more revolvers, they are now merged together with automatic pistols, they way their shoot animation looks is terrible. Weapons are somewhat boring/useless most of the time, humor is somewhat forced, the game overall fells kinda meh, and the characters are absolutely boring, useless, there is basically no diversity...… Expand
Average User Score: 8.8Aug 15, 2012After the failure of d3, i bought Titan Quest Gold on steam, 2,5 Euros, that was the best investment ever made, the quality/fun/price ration is just awsome ^^
This game offer everything d3 failed at, tons of cool loot, even at low level you will find some nice gear to make you feel powerful, unlike in d3 where i spent countless hours, went through normal, nightmare, and half of hell and had no item better than magical...
Nice monster variety, what you see a mob is wearing will drop! this is one of the best features ever, not only a skeleton wearing armor is harder to kill, but once you kill it, that armor you saw on him will drop! No more boars without livers, or murloc without heads or full plate armor dropping of a squirel...
There are 9 masteries, you create a class by picking up 2 of the masteries, that gives a big number of classes, tons of skill to be configured in the skill trees, you get to allocate stats points yourself so you can devise some crazy builds, which can't be done in d3...
No online drm...cheap...looks nice, great sounds, decent story, addictive and fun.… Expand