Average User Score: 3.9Jun 2, 2012Reason for a 0 score:
1) Put in an always online requirement without putting up the required infrastructure support for all players wanting to play a game at all time. - Since they make it a requirement for people who just want to play a single player session to log on ALL the time and comms with the server ALL the time, then they should have made sure that their server capacity are big enough to support the increase server load. Moreover they could have put in place more server in more region, so that they can maintain the server during midnight, when most people of the region are sleeping. Instead, they only put up 3 server and this make it very likely that there will be high server load all round the clock. Obviously they just want to milk the cash cow.
2) reducing the loot drop and quality to a ridiculously low level just to cater to the supposedly increase availability of gears from the Auction house. Basically they say that they take into account the availability of Auction house when deciding on the loot table. And going by the current drop rate, they expect ALL players to use the Auction house in order to supplement the loot drop if they want to progress at a reasonable pace without excessively tedious and long grinding process. Now this might appeal to some players and other who have complaint about the gold seller and other loot buyer in D2. But for people like me who just want to play the game and play multi session with friends on occasion, it breaks the immersion of the game and it seems that now I cannot ignore the Auction House now (whereas in D2 I don't care since what other people do does not affect me) and I will not be able to progress in the game without excessive frustration if I don;t partake in the Auction House. This is probably in the grand plan too, so that when Real Money Auction House comes online, more would be tempted to put up the better gears there and buyers will be forced to use RMAH if they want the legendary/rare gears.
3) Skill tree - or lack there of. Now this is more of a personal choice. Some embraces it, but to me, it actually make me feel less diversity in my character. Technically there are thousands and thousands of combination I can play with, but the thing is, if I create 2 witch doctor, they would have access to the EXACT same skill set. And this means that once the game mature, there would be even more cookie cutter build than what blizzard is admitting now. 4) Hacking and their customer service. Hacking ... I can accept that it may happens and loop holes may happen. But Blizzard seems to be in denial and their fan boys are up in arms over claims of people been hack, even blaming the victim! This is perverse logic and it really turns me off that Blizzard actually condone such behaviour on their forum. On the other hand, they have been removing the post of the players who are overly critical and impolite about their opinion (which doesn't surprise me since it has been happening since a few years ago, when blizzard start to get a big ego). And they seems to disregard the well documented case of a few players who have ONLY their current player's loot compromise. They keep saying that the players are at fault and most likely reason is keylogger/phishing and what not. But if that is the case - a) why did some players only had one character's loot compromised and not the others? if the hacker really get their hand on the user name and password, then he would have sold ALL the gears from ALL the characters.
b) Why is it that only their blizzard account is compromised and not their more valuable bank account? And don't make me laugh by saying that the hackers are sitting on the account. Once they get their hands on the credential, they would quickly cash out, since the over time, it is more likely for the user to detect the compromise.
4) Which brings me to the next point - inadequate security. Until recently the password is not case sensitive and does not log you out after repeated tries. It seems that blizzard is simply skirting their responsibility and telling everyone to get an authenticator to increase their security? for a game?! And if so, why is it not included in the game itself if it is so important?
5) patch by stealth - and I really disliked the tendency of Blizzard to patch by stealth and not publicly admitting that they have loopholes.
And to those Fanboys, you have been saying give the game some time, and it is now coming to almost 3 weeks and their server has NOT been improving and lag is still present even when you can play. now accounts actually start to get hack. So I truly will return the game and not buy another Blizzard product again. Those who bought it online and those whose country support lemon law, I would encourage you to do the same.… Expand