Average User Score: 8.4Dec 8, 2013I've only played local play with friends and this is a good game, but their is serious problems:
1. Menus! Omg. Nearly half of the game is going through menus. Appraise loot, repair items, get quests, get pray, give old man a gold coin, evaluate items after EVER LEVEL. And what is insanely worst, is that only one player can go through their menus at once. So you can't just go and accept a quest and leave, each player has to do the same thing to accept a quest.
2. Arbitrary fun reducing game mechanics that just slow the game down Why do Items have durability, all it does is make you have to go to the blacksmith every 5 minutes to click "Repair all", thats it. No benefit to the game. Why do I have to identify all the items I collect? Why does each player have to accept a quest, why can't just one player accept a quest? There is so many "features" that seem completely unfun and are just there to make it seem rpgy. So much time wasting.
3. Why do the levels repeat Why is this the one game company that can't make unique levels for every stage? Why do I have to play the same level 3 times, do finish the same quest? Again, they probably thought this was a clever "feature", but its not, its boring.
4. Abilities are lame Nearly all the game-play mechanics are available straight from the start, buying "spells" are more like buying scrolls (if your familiar with diablo spells), they have charges and don't change the core mechanics (besides a few).
5. Lots of little things that could of made it easier For example, at the end of each level, it displays the scores for each player, ONE AFTER ANOTHER. If they put all the scores on one screen, so much time would not be wasted. Usually this is not a big problem, but with a game that has already so much wasted game-play outside of combat, it just starts to get on your nerve.
Besides these problems, the actual game is pretty fun, but be warned, you will only get to play the fun bits 50% of the time, the other time will be spent doing repetitive "rpg" things described above.… Expand