Average User Score: 8.8Feb 13, 2014I can rarely say this but every single song on this mix-tape is OUTSTANDING , usually when i listen to a mix-tape of someones i have to skipI can rarely say this but every single song on this mix-tape is OUTSTANDING , usually when i listen to a mix-tape of someones i have to skip one or two songs but with house of balloons every song is amazing!
No skipping for me !!!… Expand
Average User Score: 7.9Feb 7, 2014This album is amazing i can appreciate most songs and the songs i couldn't after listening to them repeatedly and i learnt to respect andThis album is amazing i can appreciate most songs and the songs i couldn't after listening to them repeatedly and i learnt to respect and value the lyrics and the meaning behind each word. My favourite songs have to be love in the sky, kiss land ,adaption and professional. As you can tell i loved most of the album , i adore how Abel jumps from one aspect of his life to another that have no similarities between them but he still manages to link them in a wondrous way. Songs like love in the sky and adaption that talk about love and his heartbreaking experiences then he moves to songs like kiss land and live for where he talks about his crazy life style that has come with his recent popularity. I can understand why people might not enjoy this album as i believe it is very different from his mix tapes. Its different but exciting because you get to hear Abel talk about the new experiences and people he meets due to the fact that he is no longer in his humble upbringing in toronto he is travelling the world.
I love this song the way the beat changes mid way, not only is this song about the beat but the lyrics are really interesting "because your freedom was here i this cage all along" like who thinks of such amazing lyrics ! i really do enjoy this song and i like the fact that the album starts with this song as you really get a feel of what the rest of the album is like.
- THE TOWN: This is one of the songs i found hard to understand and enjoy , i am not going to lie i still find it hard to fully enjoy this song like the rest of the songs however i am sure other people can vouch for this song and tell you how amazing it is.
- ADAPTION:Omds adaption is one of my favvsss , this song just makes me think really hard when i listen to it. All i am saying is if you have an ex you still love its going to be hard for you to listen to this song without crying lool. But this song really makes me feel sorry for Abel even though he might not be singing from personal experience the lyrics really make you understand that he really did love the girl he let go and he shouldn't have and regrets it deeply. I also love the police sample in the background adds something spesh to the song.
- LOVE IN THE SKY: Again like adaption this song make me feel sorry for the weeknd i feel to just give him a hug , the line "but I'm always getting high cause my confidence low" is really upsetting and i always pick up on that line when i listen to it. I think everyone does as it is very deep, however i really do love this song i love how he goes from singing then goes into this mini rap where he talks about multiple things that all link. AMAZING. I also really love the guitar at the start and throughout the song its so smooth makes the song just flow.
- BELONG TO THE WORLD:I do like this song the lyrics really remind me of professional for some reason. My interpretation may be wrong but i think he's talking about the way a girl is emotionless in their relationship and how he can relate to it and enjoys the fact that she mistreats him. This could be because as an Aquarius Abel is expected to be aloof with his feelings so the fact that this girl is is a good thing.
- LIVE FOR (feat. Drake):I do like this song but sorry drake but i don't really care for your rap. i do care for the weeknds verse at the start but thats where it ends for me. To be honest i don't really like the chorus as its just repetitive and boring soz. i do like the instrumental though.
- WANDERLUST and WANDERLUST PHARRELL REMIX: I do like this song but i do enjoy the pharrell remix better i think its because a lot of the songs on this alum have a dark and mysterious (but glorious) feel to them and the remix has a funky upbeat feel to it which i really do enjoy. The ad-libs on the original and remix are fantastic.
- KISS LAND: I lovee this song!! i can not express to you how amazing this song is the way it changes half way to this sickkkk rap where he talks about his wickeddd life , i absolutely love the fact that everyone who hears this song remembers the rap and no's it word for word i know i do! "white Russian till the sun hits white Russian with tongue tricks" TOO LIVEE!
- PRETTY: I never use to like this song i thought it was boring , but now i appreciate it and really enjoy the lyrics and video. The lyrics are really blue and i really hope he isn't speaking from experience but the song its self is amazing. I think i appreciate it more now because it took me longer to like it then any other song on the album.
- TEARS IN THE RAIN: I like this song the lyrics remind me of adaption as both songs talk about a girl that Abel let go and wish he didn't which just makes me again hope he's not talking through experience but i am sure he is. This song and adaption is a prime example of how his songs link.
Overall this was an GREAT album from Mr.Tesfaye, I really love that all the songs beats link into the next song.This album grew on me tremendously.